Studies show Letrozole for a few weeks won't crash Estrogen

master.on

Although aromatase inhibition by anastrozole and letrozole is reported to be close to 100%, administration of these inhibitors to men will not suppress plasma estradiol levels completely. In men third-generation aromatase inhibitors will decrease the mean plasma estradiol/testosterone ratio by 77% [28,29]. This finding probably relates to the high plasma concentrations of testosterone, a major precursor for estradiol synthesis in adult men. As aromatase inhibition is dose dependent it has been suggested that aromatase is less suppressed in the testis compared to adipose and muscle tissue, explaining the incomplete efficacy of aromatase inhibition in men. Aromatase activity is high in the testes and the molar ratio of testosterone to letrozole is much higher in the testes compared with adipose and muscle tissue. When testicular testosterone and estradiol synthesis are suppressed and testosterone is administered exogenously in combination with letrozole, however, the estradiol/testosterone ratio is suppressed by 81% [30], which is only marginally different from the suppression of this ratio in intact men after treatment with letrozole. This incomplete suppression may be regarded as advantageous for it prevents excessive reduction of estrogen levels in men and the possible associated adverse effects. In postmenopausal women with breast carcinoma, long-term use of potent aromatase inhibitors reduces circulating estradiol levels by 88% [31] and is associated with adverse effects on bone [2,3]. Due to the much higher estrogen levels in treated men it remains to be determined whether this also holds true for men.
Aromatase inhibitors in men: effects and therapeutic options

The daily use of 2.5 mg letrozole was associated with a decline of the mean serum estradiol concentration of 56%.
Under normal conditions, only 10–20% of circulating estradiol is directly secreted by the testes; the remaining 80% is the product of peripheral aromatization of testosterone or conversion of estrone (20). The adrenal glands also contribute to circulating estradiol levels, through the production of estrone and androstenedione, which can be converted to estradiol and testosterone, respectively
In Men, Peripheral Estradiol Levels Directly Reflect the Action of Estrogens at the Hypothalamo-Pituitary Level to Inhibit Gonadotropin Secretion | The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism | Oxford Academic

Placebo or letrozole (2.5 mg daily, Femara; Novartis AG, Stein, Switzerland) orally taken on awakening were administered in random order each day for a 28-d period
Letrozole was well tolerated and lowered serum E2 by 46% in the young men (P = 0.002) and by 62% in the elderly men (P < 0.001) (Table 2) and comparably over the two study periods; serum E1 was lowered by 31% (P = 0.01) and by 50% (P < 0.001) in the young and the elderly, respectively

Comparative Assessment in Young and Elderly Men of the Gonadotropin Response to Aromatase Inhibition | The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism | Oxford Academic

Ten severely obese men, mean age 48.2 ± 2.3 (s.e.) years and body mass index 42.1 ± 2.6 kg/m2, were treated with Letrozole for 6 weeks in doses ranging from 7.5 to 17.5 mg per week.
Six weeks of treatment decreased serum estradiol from 120 ± 20 to 70 ± 9 pmol/l (p = 0.006). None of the subjects developed an estradiol level of less than 40 pmol/l. LH increased from 4.5 ± 0.8 to 14.8 ± 2.3 U/l (p < 0.001). Total testosterone rose from 7.5 ± 1.0 to 23.8 ± 3.0 nmol/l (p < 0.001) without a concomitant change in sex hormone-binding globulin level. Those treated with Letrozole 17.5 mg per week had an excessive LH response.

Letrozole normalizes serum testosterone in severely obese men with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism

Taking letro, split pill @1.25 tanked my estro. I was taking asin up to that point, not sure how many weeks in that blast I was...gyno flare up would not subside on asin& nolva at the time. No bloodwork at that moment, however. All "feels" or just the way letro made me feel....like straight anxious shit.

If some people have had their estro crashed hard by letro then this tells me letro has different reactions in different people despite being really powerful. Just the same I'd be careful with this one.

View attachment 65029 this is my estro on one 2.5mg pharma letro a week
Thank you for valuable input - however, it might be importnt to note the time of the test and when did you take the letrozole. Do you, by any chance recall it?

With biological half-life of letro being about 2 days and estradiol at about 16 hours... I think you might've gotten vastly different results over the course of the week.

Yes sir 2.5mg pharma letro from walgreens split twice a week for 6 weeks
Wow
you must be really sensitive to Letro as a study shows it nicely raised T while lowering E2 to acceptable levels in very obese men

Letrozole once a week normalizes serum testosterone in obesity-related male hypogonadism
Results Six weeks of treatment reduced total E2 from 123±11 to 58±7 pmol/l (P<0.001, mean±S.E.M.), and increased serum LH from 4.4±0.6 to 11.1±1.5 U/l (P<0.001). Total testosterone rose from 5.9±0.5 to 19.6±1.4 nmol/l (P<0.001), and free testosterone from 163±13 to 604±50 pmol/l (P<0.001). Total testosterone rose to within the normal range in all subjects, whereas free testosterone rose to supraphysiological levels in 7 out of 12 men. The testosterone and E2 levels were stable throughout the week and during the 6-month treatment period.

Conclusion Letrozole 2.5 mg once a week produced a sustained normalization of serum total testosterone in obese men with IHH. However, free testosterone frequently rose to supraphysiological levels. Therefore, a starting dose <2.5 mg once a week is recommended.
http://www.eje-online.org/content/158/5/741.full (Letrozole once a week normalizes serum testosterone in obesity-related male hypogonadism)

While obese men were used in the study and they have increased Aromatase levels,
you must be really sensitive to Letro

Back