Sublingual semaglutide/tirzepatide

BigOldBastard

I just saw a video from a compounding pharmacy on a sublingual semaglutide they make. Unfortunately there were no details in the video. Anyone tried this?

You just
Well that is oral. It contains certain ingredients that makes it more stable thtough digestive system. But it’s not effective at all and the dosage is extremely higher than sub q sema
You just said the molecule was too big to be absorbed. What did you think sublingual meant?

Have a look at this

So far we have not seen any oral glp-1 RA drug being overly successful. And there is a reason for it. I don't think this will change as the most optimal application method for these drugs is via injections.

Oral GLP agonists will be prohibitively expensive for the foreseeable future.

The top dose requires 2800mg of the peptide PER WEEK, at a time when they're struggling to produce a tiny fraction of that.

A pharma exec said these will be exclusively marketed in wealthy western countries due to their cost. It will be a "last choice" option for those in desperate need but have insurmountable needle phobia.

Well that is oral. It contains certain ingredients that makes it more stable thtough digestive system. But it’s not effective at all and the dosage is extremely higher than sub q sema

Oral requires 90x the dose. It's absurd.

Throw in the tremendous variability via oral (or sublingual) and it's a completely impractical alternative.

Oral requires 90x the dose. It's absurd.

Throw in the tremendous variability via oral (or sublingual) and it's a completely impractical alternative.
Then why do compounding pharmacies make it? Why was Rybelsus developed? It's obviously just another method of administration, nothing absurd about it.

Then why do compounding pharmacies make it? Why was Rybelsus developed? It's obviously just another method of administration, nothing absurd about it.

If I were to hazard a guess, from an uninformed point of view, it would be that the pill may do something about blood glucose, but not fat loss.

Back