Syringe accuracy question.

Interesting [emoji848]. Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to tips and tricks Like this

Bump. For those of us on TRT that would be valuable. I’ve often wondered this too. If I switch pins between draw and pin I always see waste. It’s about .25 of air but never had the balls to fuck with it.

The airlock method of injecting is common practice to get most all of what's in the syringe out. However you have to hold the syringe in a position to have the air pocket towards the plunger.

There are 1cc syringes that have a plunger tip that is extended, but that's not necessary if using air in the syringe.

To know how much a syringe delivers use a calibrated tip, usually a blunt end needle that has been calibrated to deliver a certain volume for each drop, then check your levels on the syringe as you push out a the desired number of hanging drops.

Otherwise volumes this small would require a calibration kit that can be sent off, but only accredited labs require these kits so they can certify pipettes every year. These kits usually have 6 vials of fluid and a pipette solution, very accurate, but $250 a kit.

The dead space in my terumo 1mL syringe ends up being like 0.05mL. It is a pain in the ass for TRT because at my dose in the end I lose about 1mL of the total volume in the vial. I always have to refill about 2 weeks early. I have drawn in air to push that left over amount out like BBG outlined and have had no problems either. I believe even if you were in a vein you would need quite a bit of air in the syringe for it to be a problem.

We've all seen the posts before where someone drawing 1 ml from a 10 ml vial comes up short on the last draw.

The answer is always that some oil remains in the needle and the needle hub and that small amount adds up to be close to 1 ml by the time the vial is completely tapped.

For science (and my own curiosity) i wanted to test a theory that i had. i pulled .5 ml from a vial using an insulin syringe with a fixed 27g, .5" needle with virtually no dead space.

i pulled the plunger down further after drawing to get all the oil and to make sure i had a precise .5 ml.

i transferred the .5 ml into a BD 3 ml syringe and pulled the plunger down to the 2 mark.

Below you will see that the volume is one slash higher than it's supposed to be.

Now before someone drones on about why anyone would worry about .1 ml, save your breath. That's not the point of this post.

The point is to come to a definitive conclusion for why so many people come up short. Could it be as simple as the markings on the syringe aren't accurate?

i apologize, the pic is cropped and pretty blurry, but you can still see the lines and oil level.

Damn being quarentined got us all bored as hell lol

We've all seen the posts before where someone drawing 1 ml from a 10 ml vial comes up short on the last draw.

The answer is always that some oil remains in the needle and the needle hub and that small amount adds up to be close to 1 ml by the time the vial is completely tapped.

For science (and my own curiosity) i wanted to test a theory that i had. i pulled .5 ml from a vial using an insulin syringe with a fixed 27g, .5" needle with virtually no dead space.

i pulled the plunger down further after drawing to get all the oil and to make sure i had a precise .5 ml.

i transferred the .5 ml into a BD 3 ml syringe and pulled the plunger down to the 2 mark.

Below you will see that the volume is one slash higher than it's supposed to be.

Now before someone drones on about why anyone would worry about .1 ml, save your breath. That's not the point of this post.

The point is to come to a definitive conclusion for why so many people come up short. Could it be as simple as the markings on the syringe aren't accurate?

i apologize, the pic is cropped and pretty blurry, but you can still see the lines and oil level.
It’s actually pretty simple. The measuring on the syringe account for the .1ml that gets left in the barrel. That’s why when you transferred it to a 3ml syringe and pulled it down it’s reading.6. If you push the air out and get the syringe ready to inject it should say exactly.5. A standard 10ml vial should always contain 11ml or more. When guys come up short on the last pin they either don’t know how to properly measure doses or the ugl is not properly filling the vial accounting for dead space.

Real Bayer Testoviron are way overfilled @ 1.3ml you can barely fit two in a 2.5ml barrel with the plunger above the markings. Paki amps on the other hand always seem to be exactly 1ml.

Measuring on a 1ml syringe is imho far more accurate than trying to do it on bigger ones.

Sponsors

Latest posts

Back