Taking hgh while on keto

Systemic replacement GH increases markers of collagen metabolism suggesting net deposition of certain types of collagen (e.g., in bone, tendon) but I wouldn't view this as anything more than a waste of money for injury rehabilitation or prevention.

I truly am sorry to hear that so far treatment has been unsuccessful. I wouldn't give up on modern medicine for the use of some grey market peptides, as these almost certainly offer little in the way of real treatment. I acknowledge the anecdotes from people experiencing pain reduction in soft tissue injuries that are best described as minor discomforts that they had for years.

Those anecdotes seem quite apart from your severe pain and still acute injury, real physical limitations, and perhaps even limb immobilization/atrophy. Just be careful not to fall for any false hope/quick fix as there are a lot of hucksters out there preying on this.
l would also add that the 9 months of constant physio with rope and pulley for range of movement exercises and bands for shoulder strengthening exercises, has seen a reasonable improvement in my range of movement, but there has been no real reduction in pain with non assisted movements or weight bearing movements. This is probably a double edged sword, the physio that is essential for regaining full range of movement, is also one of the reasons why pain and inflammation remain in the shoulder. Even though the extent of this injury is my own stupid fault, l am having a hard time excepting the 2 medical field options, of constant physio with no weight training for god knows how long with the hope it might come good, or an expensive surgery that still has no guarantee of major improvement. l suppose this is why l have looked into the above drugs to try and speed the process up.

For sure, both GH and IGF are potent neurotrophic and neuroprotective factors in the brain. RhGH was even shown, in mice that were injected with the Aβ-peptide, in order to simulate AD, to have broad effects in ameliorating a lot of AD's negative effects. And AD and Parkinson's patients both have lowered IGF levels, right? GH is suma sumarum also very anxiolytic, reducing inflammation, so I'd say it's use with aas is for sure of some help in reducing aas induced depressive state, hyperactive amygdala, etc. Imho, rhGH is a good idea as an addon to a aas cycle, purely for the reason of neuro health.

Now, the question is; do all the positive effects of GH when combined with the negatives of insulin resistance it causes, lead to a net positive outcome in regards to loss of dopaminergic neurons? Idk how up to date you are on insulin and dementia, AD, PD, .. but this is imo a great summation on the topic: The Relevance of Insulin Action in the Dopaminergic System

Be interested in hearing your thoughts on long term supraphysiological dosages of rhGH, for bodybuilding purposes, and it's potential negatives, specifically attributed to insulin resistance. I'd assume it's positives can't negate it's negatives in a longer run? Especially in a hypercaloric, carb heavy diet ...

For me personally, being an add person with GAD, I can't run normal aas dosages without a low dose ssri. But the ssri worsens my adhd so much, that I can't even read 3 sentences, without switching to 10 different thought processes while trying to focus on the task at hand. So, I stick to low, trt+ dosages. Also, aas really worsen my impulsivity and novelty seeking behavior. Which got me thinking, do aas upregulate D2 signaling? I know there's a bimodal relationship between dopamine and test, just not quite sure how that works up all together ...

Anyway, I wanted to add, that the aas using population is heavy in drug addictive personalities, ie. it's heavy with users who have problems in their reward systems and thus don't have the most stable brain chemistry as is. Statistics show, for instance, that adhd patients are much much more likely to end up abusing rec drugs which also means aas for that matter. So I always wanted to do more research and present a workflow on how to ameliorate aas detrimental effects on brain chemistry. But the vast majority of aas using population really aren't biohackers but are on much more self destructive path and idk if they really do care. But I bet that people would start caring if they were made clear, how disruptive aas really are for their personalities and brain health. Anyway, I'm rambling, long day ...
It's just such a complex set of issues to try to disentangle from a single post. I'll say that as little as we understand about the brain: we know even less with respect to obscure aspects like rhGH/rhI influences on the brain in our population. The nascent study of simple testosterone (the principal endogenous male hormone) on brain function is hardly comprehensive, not to mind more novel peptides and their use in bodybuilders (clinically inapplicable; so not studied)

I think it's unfair to equate long-term rhGH use to rec drug abuse. There's certainly some indication this subset of the bodybuilding (i.e., PED-using) community is less risk averse than the norm and there's even an association with personality disorders in AAS-abusing individuals (a chicken and egg problem if there ever were). But to characterize Meso as drug addictive personalities, et cetera, I just don't really agree. As in all large populations, there's a normal distribution, and human behavior occurs on a spectrum. Sure, we have a broader base of guys willing to use syringes than the wider population: so that must have an influence on outcomes to some significant degree. But quantifiable? Hell, no.

To your question pertaining to androgen effects on dopamine: AAS have unclear effects on dopamine signaling and metabolism. In humans, nandrolone has been shown to increase serum homovanillic acid (HVA), a marker of dopamine metabolism, with the proposed mechanism involving a change in dopamine receptor number. There's rodent data showing decreased dopamine receptor number by nandrolone in rats. There is no apparent effect of testosterone on dopamine metabolism.

Overall, I think that the research on psychological effects of androgens (not to mind slin & GH) is too sparse to draw any real conclusions. Androgens certainly regulate mood, aggression, etc, and usually for the worse. Everyone should know that androgens generally make people pricks and can, at extremes, cause psychotic events and such.

If I had to guess, I'd say that rhGH benefits cognition, mood, QoL, etc, rather than harms it. Insulin, perhaps not - but I doubt that it has a substantial psychotropic effect of any kind.

I know this is an issue you're very interested in as you've brought it up before. I'm sorry that I just don't have much else for you: it's a complex topic and drawing any fair conclusions from the current state of the literature is pure folly in my view.

This was a good read. I was thinking about switching to keto after my vacation since I put on a few kg. Still taking HGH, so I guess I‘ll just stick to the normal BB diet and include carbs as long as I am introducing rHGH into my system. Possibly switching to keto in the future when I am not taking HGH, if there is still some fat to get rid of.

Sponsors

Latest posts