Tamoxifen, Clomid, Arimidex... What's Going On?

prburkis

Hey,

My history is documented in this thread - 31 Male - Low T - Anxiety - Weird LH/FSH Number on Clomid - HELP!

So, things were going ok, I wasn't taking any TRT or using clomid or armimidex. I was managing to lose weight (Managed to lose 10% of my body mass), exercising regularly, then something stressful happened (wife had a miscarriage) and the exercise went out of the window and I started to feel sluggish again.

My wife and I are looking to go for another round of IVF, so after talking with some consultants they suggested I take tamoxifen at 20mg a day to see if it can help boost sperm count. I had the drugs for a few months before I decided to take them as I was apprehensive as I generally felt pretty crap (emotional and tired) on clomid and arimidex.

However, this is where it got a bit unexpected.... I took the 20mg of tamoxifen and within about an hour I had a raging erection, the next morning I had morning wood and my balls had swollen up to about double their previous size, I felt good, I had a sex drive, a strong one and sex felt amazing... this feeling lasted about 6 days, it also brought with it an amazing feeling of happiness as I've suffered from depression since I was 18, it was a lovely feeling, a bit like someone had turned the lights on. Then after 6 days, it started to subside a bit, my balls weren't as large, I started to feel tired, I started to feel hungry and sluggish and things started to feel worse than they did before. So I then decided to add clomid at 50mg a day to see if I could boost my LH and FSH levels and then felt bloody awful. I was an emotional wreck.

So, what is this telling me and what is happening here?

- The tamoxifen is blocking the estrogen(?) and I feel much better as a result
- Why did my balls increase in size so quickly?
- However, my body normalised itself by doing.... what? Down regulating LH and FSH production from the pituitary?
- Is 20mg too much?
- How do I get this back? The 5 or 6 days I had at the start of the tamoxifen was better than I ever had on TRT.

I also take Sertraline/Zoloft as an antidepressant which is a bit of a wonder drug for me, however, I understand that the pathway it enters the body through is the same as tamoxifen which could mean that tamoxifen working means that sertraline isn't getting into my system and vice versa... does anyone have any experience like this?

Another thought is that maybe I should have started some HCG before all of this to see how I got on?

Any thoughts or insights?

I'm not an expert and I'm sure other members will chime in with more experience. With that being said I don't know why you took arimadex unless you had blood work to show that your estrogen was high which shouldn't be unless you were taking aas or something else to make it increase. Secondly, I always felt like shit on sertraline and it always crashed my sex drive. My doc switched me to venlafaxine and I haven't had anymore issues in the labido dept.

Hey,

. So I then decided to add clomid at 50mg, I was an emotional wreck.

I also take Sertraline/Zoloft as an antidepressant which is a bit of a wonder drug for me,

Any thoughts or insights?

STOP "TREATING" YOURSELF NOW!

Get a DOC
Good luck

Last edited:
I agree with dr. Jim. Don't risk your health. Go see a MD so you don't hurt yourself, good luck man.

This is an all to common occurrence on Meso a fella with psychiatric problems, using prescription drugs to manipulate
their hormones, as IF such "therapy" will make it all better.

Well let me tell you it does NOT, and in fact almost always worsens matters.

But these KIDS won't listen and will continue their experiment, that is destined for failure.

To that end, I will NOT provide advice and contribute to their self help "therapeutic" delinquency.

Is it any wonder the OP has psych issues, NIME!

Back