Terrible low back pain

@b3n the doctors do not even know what deadlifting is... the told me to stop the sport altogether
Unfortunately, this is why I wrote "capable person" in my earlier reply. These are somewhat hard to find :(

You could search for physical therapist who has a background in competitive sports, your chances increase.
Another idea is to look where an olympic support point/base is close to your location, there could be docs that treat olympic athletes, but take on (relatively :) normal people with general health insurance, too.

I am not a doctor, so take everything I say from now on with the utmost care:

- As you have stated that hyperextensions (leading to sheer-forces, 90° loading of the spine) are unaffected, but DL and SQ are, we know that vertical compression makes your symptoms re-appear or worse

=> bulged disc or herniated disc (as already mentioned in this thread) pinching nerves is a possibility

- You mentioned overtraining, so this could be the cause and ongoing issue; maybe you can find something on self-diagnosing the different kinds of overtraining in this wiki?

Bulged discs can revert by itself and until you find a "capable person", you could treat yourself with this in mind:

1. stop the offending exercises (everything that makes you feel even a 1/20 on your pain-scale; do not lie to yourself!)
2. treat with warmth/heat multiple times per day -> heated water bottle / IR
3. relax (chill in water, light swimming)

The next are ideas could bear some danger in this context, so be extra cautious or even postpone until healed (it is assumed you are otherwise healthy):
4. decompress by hanging from a bar (you have to learn to really relax everything while hanging, easier said than done)
5. as (4.) but start loading ankles with the lightest weight to increase decompression
6. if you can afford, buy old-school tool named "gravity boots", use these to decompress your spine in a totally passive way (inverted hanging by the ankles)
7. if 6 is mastered, add weight.

Hello.
What are you doing here?
As you can see above, I didn't even tag you.
It's a mystery...
Iris, I tagged Ghoul... not sure if you were being sarcastic. I'm really glad he chimed in here.
Although I think it's probably soft tissue related, if I were in your position I'd want imaging to be sure.

Are you seeing a doctor, anywhere? You'll need a prescription for x-ray or mri, even if it's from a French Dr.

If not, you can get a prescription for about $50 online in the US, and another $50 for them to interpret the results,

In Orange County, the cheapest place offering a spine X-Ray is $79. A lower spine MRI is $350, for those paying by cash. This would be through MDsave.com

Does this sound like an option for you?
Ghoul, thanks for helping out here, even though its for OP.

Suffering through back pain myself, its one thing I don't wish on anyone... well, there are a couple of exceptions ;)

Hello.
What are you doing here?
As you can see above, I didn't even tag you.
It's a mystery...

We have found something in common: a messed up spine due to car accidents.

Yay. Just when I was about to give up hope of finding common ground with you.
Chuffed to bits.
But do you have scars, too?
i got messed up spine from car accidents too, , i just fractured L1-L2 in 2022 couldn't walk for a month,, better now still flares time to time

Iris, I tagged Ghoul... not sure if you were being sarcastic. I'm really glad he chimed in here.

Ghoul, thanks for helping out here, even though its for OP.

Suffering through back pain myself, its one thing I don't wish on anyone... well, there are a couple of exceptions ;)

Of course.
If you read a bit above your message to him, I had mentioned Ghoul without tagging him.
I had just dragged him onto another thread, prior to that.
It seems we all have awful backs, for a reason or another.

I already knew a bit about him having back issues, that's why I mentioned him.
I knew he was going to see it, at some point.

It's like when I mention Narta somewhere: no tag, always, and yet he manages to find out....
Then he comes and tells me off because I wrote some random retarded crap...
Nobody knows how it works.
It's a kind of magic.
;)

Back