Trt causing kidney pain

suncom3

My local doc has no clue on hormone health other than basic blood tests from what I can tell. But he did script me trt
I’ve been on trt for over 10 years with no issues other than lipids on high side but maintaining. I’m taking t cyp 200. I take .4 a week this puts me at about 1100 where I feel best.
I had a bladder issue develop over time that I was able to trace to most animal fats especially milk crème ect. This flared up last month with freq urine in day. Pain at night. Then seemed to pass treating with pure cranberry, kambucha probiotics but turned into a pain in right side kidney numb pressure kinda pain
Most concerning the last 2 injections of test cyp within hour administered turned into stabbing unbearable left side kidney pain for about 1 to 2 hours. Then eases into same numb pain for days.i have delayed next injection for 12 days got testosterone level test at 210. Little to no kidney pain at this level but feel like crap otherwise
I’ve done 2 blood tests and urine tests. No infection. Kidney,liver function are good but on lower side of normal. Any idea what the problem could be ? Ever hear of anything like this ?

Most have not. I’ve searched good bit here. Over all still very healthy. Good bp and weight. On the thinner side 5’10 180 lbs 54 and feeing older by the day with low t

Are you sure it’s not a kidney stone? My last one lingered for almost 3 weeks. I just go to the ER, say kidney stone, get a MRI and pain meds. AZO helps if you can tolerate the pain level without the drugs. Doesn’t really show up on normal blood tests.

Are you sure it’s not a kidney stone? My last one lingered for almost 3 weeks. I just go to the ER, say kidney stone, get a MRI and pain meds. AZO helps if you can tolerate the pain level without the drugs. Doesn’t really show up on normal blood tests.
I’ve had a few mri and ct over the years no stones found. I have delayed t inject for 28 days now and the kidney pain has almost completely went away. Everything Else sucks though. Zero libido. Joints hurt no energy.
Started reading about a condition doc scally posted. It checks a lot of my conditions
Calcium deposits in the renal interstitium are accumulations of calcium salts (usually calcium phosphate or calcium oxalate) in the spaces between the kidney's tubules, which is known as the **renal interstitium**. This condition is often referred to as **nephrocalcinosis**. The interstitium is a critical area that supports the kidney’s functional structures, such as the tubules and blood vessels.

Causes of Calcium Deposits in the Renal Interstitium (Nephrocalcinosis)

Several conditions can lead to calcium deposits in the kidney’s interstitial tissue:
1. **Hypercalcemia**: Elevated levels of calcium in the blood, which may be caused by hyperparathyroidism, vitamin D toxicity, or certain cancers.
2. **Hypercalciuria**: Excessive calcium excretion in the urine, which can result from conditions like idiopathic hypercalciuria or excess dietary calcium intake.
3. **Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)**: Impaired kidney function can lead to disturbances in calcium and phosphate metabolism, promoting calcium deposition.
4. **Renal Tubular Acidosis (RTA)**: This condition causes the kidneys to become unable to acidify urine properly, leading to increased calcium levels in the kidney.
5. **Medullary Sponge Kidney**: A congenital disorder where cysts form in the kidney's collecting ducts, increasing the risk of calcium deposits.
6. **Sarcoidosis**: An inflammatory condition that can lead to hypercalcemia and calcium deposits in the kidney.
7. **Chronic Dehydration**: This can concentrate calcium in the urine, increasing the likelihood of precipitation and deposition in the renal tissue.

Back