Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Though I've often been accused of being "obsessed" with the subject, there's also a perfectly rational reason for my interest: Beginning in the late 1970s, as a fourth-generation Idahoan working in the northern Panhandle, I was confronted with the presence of genuine American fascists in my own back yard. And dealing with them in real life is a lot different than what it's like in the movies. Eventually, you also have to confront their humanity.

In the movies, white supremacists are pretty easily identifiable. They have shaven heads, wear lots of leather and tatoos, and preferably have a few chains hanging from various clothing and body parts. They are barely able to speak, other than flinging hateful verbal turds at everyone in their general vicinity. They have a crazed, skittering gleam in the one eye that doesn't wander. In other words, they are demons.

In real life, they are humans. There are a few skinheads who dress and act like the stereotype, but only a few. Most white supremacists dress like normal people. They hold normal jobs. They live in normal neighborhoods, and have seemingly normal kids. The only way you'll ever know they're not normal is if you get close enough to them that they open up, or they somehow otherwise let slip the nature of their beliefs.

Fascism does not come with brownshirts, stormtroopers and grandiloquent displays of power. Those are what happens when it's too late.

It comes with a job and a home in the suburbs. It disguises itself in a surface reasonableness that's easily scratched to find the festering hatred and fear boiling beneath. I was struck, in fact, by how much the white supremacists I met and interviewed and dealt with were like people I grew up around: proud, hard-working, but not very succesful; a little ignorant, a little gullible, but sincere in believing they were doing the right thing. Primed, in other words, for an appeal based in the politics of resentment.

https://conservativepoliticstoday.com/sebastian-gorka-knocks-arrogant-jim-acosta-off-high-horse-absolutely-embarrasses-cnn/

America “was never” greater than now...

When was it “greater” than now? During segregation? Or slavery? Civil war? Maybe when women didn’t have right to vote?

Oh ... I see ... that’s the time what “you” and theorangething call “great” [emoji849][emoji15]

And since you’re calling it “America” are you including Mexico? Canada ? What about Chile or Nicaragua ? [emoji849]

Last edited:
America “was never” greater than now...

When was it “greater” than now? During segregation? Or slavery? Civil war? Maybe when women didn’t have right to vote?

Oh ... I see ... that’s the time what “you” and theorangething call “great” [emoji849][emoji15]

And since you’re calling it “America” are you including Mexico? Canada ? What about Chile or Nicaragua ? [emoji849]

NY Gov. cumo says America was never great, even during the eight years of Obama? is this guy a racist or what???

I thought the entire left thought America was great then? I guess not what a bunch closet racist..