Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

This is what happens when you flatter a narcissistic, ignorant president. Trying to preserve the image of effectiveness and competence simply delays the inevitable recognition that North Korea never had any intention of denuclearizing. When Trump finally acknowledges reality, he makes both himself and his secretary of state look foolish or dishonest or both. Unfortunately for Pompeo, he’s beginning to resemble his predecessor, Rex W. Tillerson — who allies and foes soon learned didn’t really speak for the president and whom Congress learned not to trust. More honesty and less happy talk to butter up his boss would serve Pompeo well.

What else was trump supposed to do? not have the meeting with Kim? he needs to exhaust what options were left. now everything had been tried. what’s coming next is nukes raining down on noko taking out all his military assess and more importantly the ones pointed at SoKo. that’s the only way to counter missiles flying in South Korea and japan.

it’s going to suck for the surrounding countries, but they didn’t want to help. specifically Russia and China. they think Trump doesn’t have the balls to nuke North Korea, they are sadly mistaken.

but I got a feeling this is going to drag out for years to come which is complete bullshit. that country needs to get nuked ASAP.

There’s never been any confusion about the character defects of Donald Trump. The question has always been just how far he would go and whether other individuals and institutions would stand up to him or become complicit in his corruption.

When I first took to these pages three summers ago to write about Mr. Trump, I warned my fellow Republicans to just say no both to him and his candidacy. One of my concerns was that if Mr. Trump were to succeed, he would redefine the Republican Party in his image. That’s already happened in areas like free trade, free markets and the size of government; in attitudes toward ethnic nationalism and white identity politics; in America’s commitment to its traditional allies, in how Republicans view Russia and in their willingness to call out leaders of evil governments like North Korea rather than lavish praise on them. But in no area has Mr. Trump more fundamentally changed the Republican Party than in its attitude toward ethics and political leadership.

A warning to my Republican friends: The worst is yet to come. Thanks to the work of Robert Mueller — a distinguished public servant, not the leader of a “group of Angry Democrat Thugs” — we are going to discover deeper and deeper layers to Mr. Trump’s corruption. When we do, I expect Mr. Trump will unravel further as he feels more cornered, more desperate, more enraged; his behavior will become ever more erratic, disordered and crazed.

Most Republicans, having thrown their MAGA hats over the Trump wall, will stay with him until the end. Was a tax cut, deregulation and court appointments really worth all this?