Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

FEMA administrator Brock Long knocked down multiple misleading or false media narratives during an interview with MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell on Wednesday.

The interview covered a wide range of topics, including FEMA’s response to Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and the preparations for the landfall of Hurricane Florence.

“The fact is,” Mitchell said, “Just as after Katrina, where there was infrastructure in parts of New Orleans, that is a federal responsibility. These are American citizens.”

“Uh, no, you’re actually wrong on that,” Long shot back. “It’s not a federal responsibility to upkeep the infrastructure. Actually most of the infrastructure in this company is owned by the private sector.”

Long also noted that FEMA put “over $2 billion in food and commodities” on Puerto Rico after the storm, but that grocery stores and retailers have to help with the recovery as well.

Mitchell then tried to hit FEMA on the death toll in Puerto Rico, which Long explained is largely due to deaths that occurred from lack of infrastructure or accidents during repairs.

“When it comes to the indirect deaths … the indirect deaths for any event are typically greater in many cases,” Long said. “You have [in] people who died after the storm passed because they fell off their roof making repairs, they died in car crashes because the stoplights were off, you have chainsaw accidents, you have accidents with people cleaning up debris.”

Finally, Mitchell referenced Sen. Jeff Merkley’s claim that FEMA re-appropriated money from hurricane response to ICE detentions. (RELATED: DHS: FEMA Funds Transferred To ICE Were Set To Expire Anyway)

Not only were the $10 million funds in question already set to expire at the end of the year, but they could not be used for disaster relief purposes because of appropriations rules.

“Right now, that money has nothing to do with what you see behind me,” Long said of the story, gesturing to the FEMA employees sitting behind him. “It does not pay for this response, it is not coming out of the disaster relief fund, it has no impact on our efforts to be prepared in Florence.”

“Unfortunately, we have a congressman that is playing politics on the back of Florence. There’s no story there,” he concluded.

FEMA Administrator Brock Long Fact-Checks MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/women/reports/2017/04/25/430969/100-days-100-ways-trump-administration-harming-women-families/ (100 Days, 100 Ways the Trump Administration Is Harming Women and Families - Center for American Progress)

So I decided to look at your link (I no longer do that with Dr. Scally). After four paragraphs of accusations and assertions with not a single example they finally get to the 100 rules.

The very first one is absolutely false. Obama's overtime rule was struck down in federal court and had nothing at all to do with Trump. Trump had apparently looked into using the rule to set a different threshold, but gave up on the idea after the court struck it down.

The second item on the list also had nothing to do with the Trump Administration. It was a dispute on how the VA was removing some caregivers while adding others and maintaining the size of the existing program.

That's as far as I got. Man, when Bush was up there stoking the war flames for Iraq there was some real data coming from the left. I even made substantial donations to a few left leaning antiwar groups. Now all I see is BS and insults. What happened?

FEMA administrator Brock Long knocked down multiple misleading or false media narratives during an interview with MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell on Wednesday.

The interview covered a wide range of topics, including FEMA’s response to Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and the preparations for the landfall of Hurricane Florence.

“The fact is,” Mitchell said, “Just as after Katrina, where there was infrastructure in parts of New Orleans, that is a federal responsibility. These are American citizens.”

“Uh, no, you’re actually wrong on that,” Long shot back. “It’s not a federal responsibility to upkeep the infrastructure. Actually most of the infrastructure in this company is owned by the private sector.”

Long also noted that FEMA put “over $2 billion in food and commodities” on Puerto Rico after the storm, but that grocery stores and retailers have to help with the recovery as well.

Mitchell then tried to hit FEMA on the death toll in Puerto Rico, which Long explained is largely due to deaths that occurred from lack of infrastructure or accidents during repairs.

“When it comes to the indirect deaths … the indirect deaths for any event are typically greater in many cases,” Long said. “You have [in] people who died after the storm passed because they fell off their roof making repairs, they died in car crashes because the stoplights were off, you have chainsaw accidents, you have accidents with people cleaning up debris.”

Finally, Mitchell referenced Sen. Jeff Merkley’s claim that FEMA re-appropriated money from hurricane response to ICE detentions. (RELATED: DHS: FEMA Funds Transferred To ICE Were Set To Expire Anyway)

Not only were the $10 million funds in question already set to expire at the end of the year, but they could not be used for disaster relief purposes because of appropriations rules.

“Right now, that money has nothing to do with what you see behind me,” Long said of the story, gesturing to the FEMA employees sitting behind him. “It does not pay for this response, it is not coming out of the disaster relief fund, it has no impact on our efforts to be prepared in Florence.”

“Unfortunately, we have a congressman that is playing politics on the back of Florence. There’s no story there,” he concluded.

FEMA Administrator Brock Long Fact-Checks MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell
But libtards don't care about facts. They want to control the narrative by saying the same lies over and over until they believe it to be the truth. Like Kavanaugh saying bc induces abortions. He did NOT say that. It's proven he didn't say that, yet first harris said he did, cnn reported he did, and now killary said he did. They know he didn't but like Saul Alinsky taught them, tell a lie long enough and many will think its the truth.

See above post.
So I decided to look at your link (I no longer do that with Dr. Scally). After four paragraphs of accusations and assertions with not a single example they finally get to the 100 rules.

The very first one is absolutely false. Obama's overtime rule was struck down in federal court and had nothing at all to do with Trump. Trump had apparently looked into using the rule to set a different threshold, but gave up on the idea after the court struck it down.

The second item on the list also had nothing to do with the Trump Administration. It was a dispute on how the VA was removing some caregivers while adding others and maintaining the size of the existing program.

That's as far as I got. Man, when Bush was up there stoking the war flames for Iraq there was some real data coming from the left. I even made substantial donations to a few left leaning antiwar groups. Now all I see is BS and insults. What happened?

Even though hundreds of children separated from their families after crossing the border have been released under court order, the overall number of migrant children under detention has exploded to the highest ever recorded — a significant counternarrative to the Trump administration’s efforts to reduce the number of undocumented families coming to the United States.

Population levels at federally contracted shelters for migrant children have quietly shot up more than fivefold since last summer, according to data obtained by The New York Times, reaching a total of 12,800 this month. There were 2,400 such children in custody in May 2017.

The huge increases, which have placed the federal shelter system near capacity, are due not to an influx of children entering the country, but a reduction in the number being released to live with families and other sponsors, the data collected by the Department of Health and Human Services suggests. Some of those who work in the migrant shelter network say the bottleneck is straining both the children and the system that cares for them.

Most of the children crossed the border alone, without their parents. Many are teenagers from Central America, and they are housed in a system of more than 100 shelters across the United States, with the highest concentration near the southwest border.

Sponsors