Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Maria Butina, a 30-year-old Russian gun rights activist who stands accused developing a covert influence operation in the United States, has agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy and cooperate with federal, state and local authorities in any ongoing investigations.

She admits, as part of the deal, according to a copy obtained by ABC News that is expected to be filed to the court, that she and an unnamed “U.S. Person 1,” which sources have identified as longtime Republican operative Paul Erickson, with whom she had a multiyear romantic relationship, “agreed and conspired, with a Russian government official (“Russian Official”) and at least one other person, for Butina to act in the United States under the direction of Russian Official without prior notification to the Attorney General.”

Based on the description, the “Russian Official” appears to be Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Russian Central Bank and a close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Under his direction, the agreement said, she “sought to establish unofficial lines of communication with Americans having power and influence over U.S. politics.”

The agreement, which Butina signed on Saturday, Dec. 8, also notes that the conspiracy charge carries a maximum penalty of up to five years in prison, but the deal could see Butina receive a lesser sentence, depending on the level of her cooperation, before likely being deported back to Russia.

Thread Update:

President Trump:
1. 687 days and still President of the United States
2. No indictments
3. No impeachment

little mike:
1. License to practice medicine- STILL REVOKED
2. Appeal to the Supreme Court of Texas- STILL DENIED
3. Fined 190K (2nd largest in Texas History)

Who's winning?

BABY, IT’S POLITICALLY CORRECT OUTSIDE
https://claytoonz.com/2018/12/10/baby-its-politically-correct-outside/

There’s a debate raging on social media whether “Baby, it’s cold outside” is about rape or not. Many liberals are saying it’s totally rapey and conservatives are saying it’s not, and the lady has to keep the baby.

Some radio stations have banned the song and now they’re receiving hundreds of complaints, which is kinda shocking. People still listen to radio stations?

While some think the song is from a bygone era about harmless flirtation, others see it as date rape. The woman is trying to get away while questioning what’s in her drink, and the dude is giving her the “but how can you do this to me?” treatment. Also, the whole “mind if I move in closer” and “your lips are delicious” are the kind of lines that deserve a response with a friendly taser or a swift kick to the jingle bells. Make them jingle bells rock, baby.

But, is the song actually rapey? Yes. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t take a different meaning from it and still enjoy it. I won’t let it ruin Elf for me as Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel performed a sweet duet of the tune, which was also funny for its creepiness.

Just as soon as you’re sure there’s nothing wrong with “Baby, it’s cold outside,” somewhere, there’s a Klansman re-interpreting “White Christmas.” You know it’s happening. It doesn’t matter what your, or even the writer’s intention was, to that racist, it’s not about snow.

How many songs do you sing along to now that you have misinterpreted or don’t even understand? That didn’t stop me from singing along with “Smells like teen spirit.” An albino? A mosquito? Who cares? Sing it. A song can mean whatever the hell you want it to. Some songwriters, myself included, often don’t know the meaning to their own songs.

At some point, a song doesn’t really belong to the creator anymore and it becomes the listeners. That’s the way I see it. When you listen to “Baby, it’s cold outside,” it’s your song and no one else can decide what it means to you. There’s no crime in enjoying it. We’re not talking about something that explicit, like 2 Live Crew’s “Me so horny.” And, if you want a horny Christmas, then go have a horny Christmas. Just don’t have a rapey Christmas.

But for the record, “no” means no in 2018, and it meant no in 1944.

cjones12152018.jpg

Sponsors