Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

President Trump has survived so many blunders that would have been the end of any other politician — from “https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/10/07/the-real-issue-with-donald-trump-saying-a-man-can-do-anything-to-a-woman/?utm_term=.0e8079d807e3%27 (grab ‘em by the pussy)” to “https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f711-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?utm_term=.caaca8cb29f3 (shithole)” countries — that you have to savor the irony that the one gaffe that may be more damaging than all the others has nothing to do with racism or sexism. On Dec. 11, in the Oval Office, Trump told then-House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.): “I am proud to shut down the government for border security. . . . I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it."

So now, as the shutdown enters its second month, the president owns that federal employees are waiting in https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2019/01/23/americans-across-the-country-are-helping-feed-federal-workers-as-the-shutdown-enters-its-second-month/?utm_term=.c3131aa869fc (food lines) like victims of the Great Depression. He owns growing concerns expressed by air traffic controllers about the safety of air travel. He owns the FBI Agents Association’s warning that the shutdown is impeding investigations into crime and terrorism — including probes of the MS-13 gang whose threat Trump has cited as a justification for his border wall. He owns the State Department canceling a conference on — get this — border security. He owns Agriculture Department https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/hundreds-of-irs-employees-are-skipping-work-that-could-delay-tax-refunds/2019/01/22/1885e74e-1e7d-11e9-8e21-59a09ff1e2a1_story.html?utm_term=.9295a9d73597%27 (meat inspectors) and Transportation Security Administration https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/2019/01/21/tsa-checkpoint-worker-no-shows-peak-percent-workforce/?utm_term=.cae63f746e14&tid=sm_tw (officers) calling in sick. He owns the damage to the economy, which his own economist admits could result in zero growth in the first quarter.

TRIPPY TESTIMONY
https://claytoonz.com/2019/01/25/trippy-testimony/

Donald Trump has either lived a life dreaming of being a third-rate mobster or he actually is a third-rate mobster. But, you can’t be a mobster without goons, and guess what. Trump has goons. Enter Rudy Giuliani (among others).

When the Special Counsel Robert Mueller finally issues his report, obstruction of justice will surely be one of the many charges against Donald Trump.

Trump fired FBI Directory James Comey, then told Russians and Lester Holt that he did it to end the Russia investigation. Instead, it got him a Special Counsel investigation. Yes, Donald Trump is really that stupid. When you commit a crime, don’t go on national television and brag about it…or tweet it.

Trump has been sending tweets that are attempts to obstruct justice. Part of his obstruction will be witness tampering.

Reportedly, Trump’s team, or Trump himself, was in contact with Paul Manafort’s people after Manafort struck a deal with Mueller’s team. According to Buzzfeed, Trump ordered his former lawyer/fixer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about the Trump Tower Moscow project. While Mueller’s office issued a statement saying the Buzzfeed story was inaccurate, they didn’t specify which part wasn’t correct.

Donald Trump has also engaged in intimidating a witness. Cohen has struck a plea agreement with Mueller and had volunteered to testify before Congress, again. This time, before a Democrat-controlled committee and not one run by Republican sycophants.

Using mobster language, Trump called Cohen a “rat” for cooperating with law enforcement. Trump praised Roger Stone (another goon) for not cooperating. Think about it. This is a president of the United States attacking people for cooperating with the law and praising others for fighting law enforcement.

After the Buzzfeed story broke, Trump started threatening Cohen by bringing up his father-in-law. Trump tweeted, “Lying to reduce his jail time! Watch father-in-law!” Trump has also claimed Cohen’s wife is involved in crime. Trump might have a point as the daddy-in-law, Fima Shusterman once owned three apartments in Trump Tower, which is a real popular investment for money launderers.

Trump called sycophant Jeanine Pirro on Trump TV and said, “In order to get his sentence reduced, he says, ‘I have an idea. I’ll tell — I’ll give you some information on the president.’ Well, there is no information.”

Trump continued ranting like a lunatic who had just snorted five pounds of Adderall at a bus station, “But he should give information maybe on his father-in-law, because that’s the one that people want to look at. Because where does that money — that’s the money in the family. And I guess he didn’t want to talk about his father-in-law. He’s trying to get his sentence reduced. So it’s pretty sad. You know, it’s weak. And it’s very sad to watch a thing like that. I couldn’t care less.”

Obviously, Trump couldn’t care less.

Giuliani went on CNN and said that Cohen’s father-in-law “may have ties to something called organized crime,” without mentioning any details. It’s getting harder and harder to believe the former mayor of New York City was once a respected federal prosecutor.

On Wednesday, Cohen announced he was withdrawing his commitment to appear because, his lawyer said, of “threats against his family” from Trump and his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani.

Three House committee chairs, Elijah Cummings, Adam Schiff, and Jerrold Nadler released a joint statement saying, “Our nation’s laws prohibit efforts to discourage, intimidate, or otherwise pressure a witness not to provide testimony to Congress. The President should make no statement or take any action to obstruct Congress’ independent oversight and investigative efforts, including by seeking to discourage any witness from testifying in response to a duly authorized request from Congress.”

At the White House, Trump said, “He’s only been threatened by the truth,” which sounds more like projecting.

What Trump doesn’t sound like is an innocent person.

Now, the Senate Intelligence Committee has issued a subpoena for Cohen to testify next month. Let’s hope he doesn’t suffer a Putin-inspired accident along the way.

Just as I was finishing up this blog, breaking news was reported that Trump goon Roger Stone has been arrested and indicted on charges including obstruction, false statements, and witness tampering. This is one I have been expecting, along with a few of Trump’s kids. Let’s hope he has company in the very near future.

cjones01292019.jpg