Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

KIEV, Ukraine — When the Ukrainian prosecutor Konstiantyn H. Kulyk compiled a seven-page dossier in English that accused the son of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. of corruption, he helped set off a political firestorm that has led to the impeachment investigation of President Trump.

But even as he was reopening a corruption case related to Hunter Biden’s service on the board of Burisma Holdings, a major Ukrainian gas company, Mr. Kulyk himself was under a cloud of suspicion.

He has been indicted three times on corruption charges and accused of bringing politically motivated criminal cases against his opponents. In a Ukrainian security clearance form, Mr. Kulyk admitted having ties to a warlord in eastern Ukraine accused of working for the Russian intelligence services.

Yet none of this — including the case related to the Bidens — has seemed to harm the career of Mr. Kulyk, who remains a department head in the Ukrainian prosecutor general’s office under a new president, Volodymyr Zelensky.

The Trump Organization kept two sets of books!

Documents obtained by ProPublica show stark differences in how Donald Trump’s businesses reported some expenses, profits and occupancy figures for two Manhattan buildings, giving a lender different figures than they provided to New York City tax authorities. The discrepancies made the buildings appear more profitable to the lender — and less profitable to the officials who set the buildings’ property tax.

For instance, Trump told the lender that he took in twice as much rent from one building as he reported to tax authorities during the same year, 2017. He also gave conflicting occupancy figures for one of his signature skyscrapers, located at 40 Wall Street.

Lenders like to see a rising occupancy level as a sign of what they call “leasing momentum.” Sure enough, the company told a lender that 40 Wall Street had been 58.9% leased on Dec. 31, 2012, and then rose to 95% a few years later. The company told tax officials the building was 81% rented as of Jan. 5, 2013.

A dozen real estate professionals told ProPublica they saw no clear explanation for multiple inconsistencies in the documents. The discrepancies are “versions of fraud,” said Nancy Wallace, a professor of finance and real estate at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. “This kind of stuff is not OK.”

New York City’s property tax forms state that the person signing them “affirms the truth of the statements made” and that “false filings are subject to all applicable civil and criminal penalties.”

The punishments for lying to tax officials, or to lenders, can be significant, ranging from fines to criminal fraud charges. Two former Trump associates, Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort, are serving prison time for offenses that include falsifying tax and bank records, some of them related to real estate.

“Certainly, if I were sitting in a prosecutor’s office, I would want to ask a lot more questions,” said Anne Milgram, a former attorney general for New Jersey who is now a professor at New York University School of Law.

Trump has previously been accused of manipulating numbers on his tax and loan documents, including by his former lawyer, Cohen. But Trump’s business is notoriously opaque, with records rarely surfacing, and up till now there’s been little documentary evidence supporting those claims.

That’s one reason that multiple governmental entities, including two congressional committees and the office of the Manhattan district attorney, have subpoenaed Donald Trump’s tax returns. Trump has resisted, taking his battles to federal courts in Washington and New York. And so the question of whether different parts of the government can see the president’s financial information is now playing out in two appeals courts and seems destined to make it to the U.S. Supreme Court. Add to that a https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/irs-whistleblower-said-to-report-treasury-political-appointee-might-have-tried-to-interfere-in-audit-of-trump-or-pence/2019/10/03/0c768b34-e52e-11e9-a331-2df12d56a80b_story.html (Washington Post account) of an IRS whistleblower claiming political interference in the handling of the president’s audit, and the result is what amounts to frenetic interest in one person’s tax returns.

ProPublica obtained the property tax documents using New York’s Freedom of Information Law. The documents were public because Trump appealed his property tax bill for the buildings every year for nine years in a row, the extent of the available records. We compared the tax records with loan records that became public when Trump’s lender, Ladder Capital, sold the debt on his properties as part of mortgage-backed securities.

ProPublica reviewed records for four properties: 40 Wall Street, the Trump International Hotel and Tower, 1290 Avenue of the Americas and Trump Tower. Discrepancies involving two of them — 40 Wall Street and the Trump International Hotel and Tower — stood out.

Last edited:
A NATIONALS IMPEACHMENT
A Nationals Impeachment

Washington, D.C. has not sent a baseball team to the World Series since 1933 (which they lost). In fact, the city was without a baseball team from 1971 to 2005 because their team, the Washington Senators, fled to Texas to become the Rangers. The Washington team that went to the series in 1933, also named the Senators, are now the Minnesota Twins. Today’s team going to the World Series, who may face the American League team Houston Astros who used to be in the National League, used to be the Montreal Expos. This is a lot more confusing than Trump’s impeachment because Trump committed the crime, admitted it, and he should be impeached.

By the way, Donald Trump has never thrown a first pitch as president. He refused an invite from the Nationals in his first year as prez, either because he would have been booed out of the stadium or because walking from home plate to the mound might land him in a trauma unit. Even FDR, who was in a wheelchair, threw out first pitches. He did it ten times. Hell, even Nixon threw out a first pitch. If Trump ever does throw out a first pitch, I expect him to take a golf cart to the mound.

I’m one of those people who roots for two teams. The Chicago Cubs (who have always been in Chicago and in the National League) is my team. But I was here to see the start of the Nationals franchise, have cheered for them when they haven’t been playing my Cubs, and I’ve been to several games. But, I don’t feel like I’m finally seeing my team go to the World Series after years of waiting because, again, the Cubs are my team. But I’m very happy for the Nats and I hope they win the series. I also hope they face the Yankees because that’ll make for a more exciting series and look much more dramatic in the record book years for now. Who doesn’t want to take down the Yankees? The Astros? Meh. The Nats just took down the team that’s won the second most World Series. Maybe they’ll get a shot at taking on the team that’s won the most.

It didn’t look like the Nats would even make the playoffs as they were twelve games behind in their division last May. But, baseball has a very long season. They made it to the playoffs as a wildcard where they beat the Milwaukee Brewers, who originally started in Seattle then moved to Milwaukee to replace the Braves who originally started in Boston and then landed in Atlanta. They then earned the right to play the number one seed Los Angeles Dodgers (who used to be in Brooklyn) who they beat three games to two. Then, they swept the St. Louis Cardinals, four games to none. The Nats weren’t supposed to be here, but baseball is a funny game. So is politics.

It looked like Trump wasn’t going to be impeached after the Mueller Report came out and the Justice Department twisted what was in it. Any momentum to remove this corrupt president faded. With the primary season approaching, Democrats thought it best to beat him and the Russians at the ballot box. At the very least, Donald Trump knew that working with foreign governments to win an election was wrong and illegal. That was repeated over and over throughout the Mueller investigation and the Trump team knew it too as they kept repeating the talking point “no collusion.” I mean, after two years of talking about it, the illegality of it was made clear, right?

The day after Mueller testified before Congress on his report, Donald Trump asked a foreign government to meddle in the next election. It’s like getting off on a technicality on a bank-robbing charge, so you celebrate by robbing a bank. He then hid the evidence. He used money approved by Congress to extort that foreign government to help his campaign. His administration tried to block a whistleblower report from reaching Congress. And then, Donald Trump admitted he asked a foreign government to help him and then publicly, he asked another one to help. Finally, Trump obstructed justice by denying subpoenas from Congress for documents and testimony from people in his administration. Despite all this, most Republicans claim he didn’t do anything wrong.

Democrats are not overturning an election by impeaching Donald Trump. I mean, not unless they replace him with Hillary Clinton. It’s like the argument that it’s a coup, but it can’t be a coup if Democrats replace him with Mike Pence. The election was fraudulent and Trump and his team worked to make it that way. Impeaching Trump, which is authorized by the United States Constitution, isn’t as outrageous as Russia attacking our nation by making Donald Trump president. But, if anyone is overturning an election, that person is Donald Trump for violating and betraying his oath of office. It’s not the Democratic Party or the media’s fault Donald Trump is a corrupt son of a bitch who’s used his entire time as president to divide the nation and advance his own personal agenda and enrich himself further.

Article Two, Second Four of the United States Constitution was written in preparation for a president such as Donald Trump. It says a president shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. The only missing in Article Two is a picture of Donald Trump.

I don’t know if the Nationals are going to win the World Series. I don’t know if Donald Trump will be removed from office. But I do know two things. The Washington Nationals are going to the World Series and Donald Trump is going to be impeached.

Both, are well deserved.

cjones10182019.jpg

LONDON — In an unrelenting quest for justice after their son was killed in a car crash and the driver who is a suspect in the case fled Britain for the United States, two Britons traveled all the way to the White House this week.

There, Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn, the parents of Harry Dunn, 19, who was killed in the crash in August, met with President Trump on Tuesday. He had an unpleasant surprise for them, they later said.

Anne Sacoolas, 42, the wife of an American diplomat and the driver involved in the crash that killed their son, was in an adjacent room, waiting to meet them. The police in England said she had fled the country while claiming immunity. Britain and the United States have been involved in a diplomatic tug of war ever since.

Mr. Trump, a former reality television star well versed in the language of staging a spectacle for the cameras, had another surprise. Members of the White House press corps were in another room.

Apparently they were waiting to record any meeting between the grieving parents and the woman they had pleaded with in teary television interviews to return to Britain to face the police and to meet them so they could get answers.

Last edited:
The Trump Organization kept two sets of books!

Documents obtained by ProPublica show stark differences in how Donald Trump’s businesses reported some expenses, profits and occupancy figures for two Manhattan buildings, giving a lender different figures than they provided to New York City tax authorities. The discrepancies made the buildings appear more profitable to the lender — and less profitable to the officials who set the buildings’ property tax.

For instance, Trump told the lender that he took in twice as much rent from one building as he reported to tax authorities during the same year, 2017. He also gave conflicting occupancy figures for one of his signature skyscrapers, located at 40 Wall Street.

Lenders like to see a rising occupancy level as a sign of what they call “leasing momentum.” Sure enough, the company told a lender that 40 Wall Street had been 58.9% leased on Dec. 31, 2012, and then rose to 95% a few years later. The company told tax officials the building was 81% rented as of Jan. 5, 2013.

A dozen real estate professionals told ProPublica they saw no clear explanation for multiple inconsistencies in the documents. The discrepancies are “versions of fraud,” said Nancy Wallace, a professor of finance and real estate at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. “This kind of stuff is not OK.”

New York City’s property tax forms state that the person signing them “affirms the truth of the statements made” and that “false filings are subject to all applicable civil and criminal penalties.”

The punishments for lying to tax officials, or to lenders, can be significant, ranging from fines to criminal fraud charges. Two former Trump associates, Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort, are serving prison time for offenses that include falsifying tax and bank records, some of them related to real estate.

“Certainly, if I were sitting in a prosecutor’s office, I would want to ask a lot more questions,” said Anne Milgram, a former attorney general for New Jersey who is now a professor at New York University School of Law.

Trump has previously been accused of manipulating numbers on his tax and loan documents, including by his former lawyer, Cohen. But Trump’s business is notoriously opaque, with records rarely surfacing, and up till now there’s been little documentary evidence supporting those claims.

That’s one reason that multiple governmental entities, including two congressional committees and the office of the Manhattan district attorney, have subpoenaed Donald Trump’s tax returns. Trump has resisted, taking his battles to federal courts in Washington and New York. And so the question of whether different parts of the government can see the president’s financial information is now playing out in two appeals courts and seems destined to make it to the U.S. Supreme Court. Add to that a https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/irs-whistleblower-said-to-report-treasury-political-appointee-might-have-tried-to-interfere-in-audit-of-trump-or-pence/2019/10/03/0c768b34-e52e-11e9-a331-2df12d56a80b_story.html (Washington Post account) of an IRS whistleblower claiming political interference in the handling of the president’s audit, and the result is what amounts to frenetic interest in one person’s tax returns.

ProPublica obtained the property tax documents using New York’s Freedom of Information Law. The documents were public because Trump appealed his property tax bill for the buildings every year for nine years in a row, the extent of the available records. We compared the tax records with loan records that became public when Trump’s lender, Ladder Capital, sold the debt on his properties as part of mortgage-backed securities.

ProPublica reviewed records for four properties: 40 Wall Street, the Trump International Hotel and Tower, 1290 Avenue of the Americas and Trump Tower. Discrepancies involving two of them — 40 Wall Street and the Trump International Hotel and Tower — stood out.

Back