Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Wow TP, I can see you would be a great candidate for a debate.Talk about a waste of time:rolleyes: lol

Debate, what debate? Don't think I can recall you making any points I favor of anything you stand for, just a bunch of snide remarks against Trump.

A bit of a Canadian trait that, defining yourself based on what you're not, ie not American. Maple leaf right here, I'm not American.

I see some Canucks are paying attention, so maybe all hope isn't lost :
https://www.change.org/p/justin-trudeau-stop-islamic-immigration-to-canada

Actually I have a very open mind . I too thought Trump was what America needed , but I changed my views as his true colors came thru.

Hes a billionaire-racist-lunatic who should NOT be given any more power . ~Ogh
Trump is odd..However he dont owe tons of political favors as the rest of the political candidates do..With trump you are taking the chance he might actually use
the word of the people to make good descisions for our country.. With the other candidates you know 100% from the start they won't they all owe something out and the somethings that are owed out is never about what the people want its still within the goverment and thats not the Power anyone wants and its been that way just to long...

Here’s how some of the globe sees our fair republic, as viewed through the prism of more than a dozen editorial cartoonists who draw for foreign and overseas publications. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/03/11/heres-how-the-rest-of-the-world-views-trump-and-campaign-nastiness/?tid=sm_tw (Here’s how the rest of the world views Trump and campaign nastiness)

Don't get me wrong , I think Trump is a very funny & entertaining fellow . And I agree with almost half of his ideas , but it's the other half that scares me....

Woody Guthrie Wrote of His Contempt for His Landlord, Donald Trump’s Father
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...ntempt-for-his-landlord-donald-trumps-father/

More than a half-century ago, the folk singer Woody Guthrie signed a lease in an apartment complex in Brooklyn. He soon had bitter words for his landlord: Donald J. Trump’s father, Fred C. Trump.

Mr. Guthrie, in writings uncovered by a scholar working on a book, invoked “Old Man Trump” while suggesting that blacks were unwelcome as tenants in the Trump apartment complex, near Coney Island.

“He thought that Fred Trump was one who stirs up racial hate, and implicitly profits from it,” the scholar, Will Kaufman, a professor of American literature and culture at the University of Central Lancashire in Britain, said in an interview.

Mr. Kaufman said he came across Mr. Guthrie’s writings about Fred Trump while he was doing research at the Woody Guthrie Center’s archives in Oklahoma. He wrote about his findings last week for The Conversation, a news website.

In December 1950, Mr. Guthrie signed a lease at the Beach Haven apartment complex, Mr. Kaufman wrote in his piece. Soon, Mr. Guthrie was “lamenting the bigotry that pervaded his new, lily-white neighborhood,” he wrote, with words like these:

I suppose
Old Man Trump knows
Just how much
Racial Hate
he stirred up
In the bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed
That color line
Here at his
Eighteen hundred family project

Mr. Guthrie even reworked his song “I Ain’t Got No Home” into a critique of Fred Trump, according to Mr. Kaufman:

Beach Haven ain’t my home!
I just can’t pay this rent!
My money’s down the drain!
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven looks like heaven
Where no black ones come to roam!
No, no, no! Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain’t my home!

Mr. Guthrie died in 1967, and in the 1970s, the Justice Department sued the Trumps, accusing them of discriminating against blacks. (A settlement was eventually reached; at the time, Trump Management noted the agreement did not constitute an admission of guilt.)

A spokeswoman for Donald Trump declined to comment on Mr. Guthrie’s writings.

Mr. Kaufman, the author of “Woody Guthrie, American Radical,” said Mr. Guthrie would be repulsed by the presidential candidacy of Donald Trump. He pointed to Mr. Trump’s comments about Mexicans and Muslims, and contrasted the candidate’s sentiments to those of Mr. Guthrie in his song “Deportee,” written about a plane crash that killed Mexican farm workers.

“Woody was always championing those who didn’t have a voice, who didn’t have any money, who didn’t have any power,” Mr. Kaufman said. “There’s no doubt that he would have had maximum contempt for Donald Trump, even without the issue of race.”

@CdnGuy has a horse in this race after all.. : )

The Best Reason to Support Trump

bionic mosquito

Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Ipsos poll, conducted exclusively for Global News, found that 19 per cent of American respondents would “consider moving to Canada” if bloviating Republican presidential contender Donald J. Trump were to win in November.

Think about that: 19 percent of people who think Hillary, Bernie, Jeb, Marco, or Ted are a rational choice for president will leave the country for Canada – kind of stinks if you are Canadian, but that’s their problem. Talk about taking off to the Great White North!

Yet, it gets even better:

The number was especially high among young respondents: 28 per cent age 18-34 said they would consider the move.

This should improve political life in the United States for decades to come!

November 1919: Hitler's brownshirts are born at a political rally. Their first function was to remove protestors. Adolf Hitler
View attachment 37142

Trump militia forms to ‘forcefully protect’ rally goers against ‘far-left agitators’
Trump militia forms to ‘forcefully protect’ rally goers against ‘far-left agitators’

A group of Donald Trump supporters over the weekend called for volunteers to join a would-be militia aiming to protect voters against so-called “violent far-left agitators.”

Back