Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

“If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other.”

― Ulysses S. Grant

When Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/12/trump-covid-vaccine-second-shot/?itid=lk_inline_manual_2 (announced this week) that the federal government would begin releasing https://www.washingtonpost.com/coronavirus/?itid=lk_inline_manual_2 (coronavirus) vaccine doses held in reserve for second shots, no such reserve existed, according to state and federal officials briefed on distribution plans. The Trump administration had already begun shipping out what was available beginning at the end of December, taking second doses directly off the manufacturing line.

Now, health officials across the country who had anticipated their extremely limited vaccine supply as much as doubling beginning next week are confronting the reality that their allocations will not immediately increase, dashing hopes of dramatically expanding eligibility for millions of elderly people and those with high-risk medical conditions. Health officials in some cities and states were informed in recent days about the reality of the situation, while others are still in the dark.

Because both of the vaccines authorized for emergency use in the United States are two-dose regimens, the Trump administration’s initial policy was to hold back second doses to protect against the possibility of manufacturing disruptions. But that approach shifted in recent weeks, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter. The result is that next week’s allocations will remain flat.

Last edited:

A former Navy Seal says he is cooperating with federal investigators after appearing to admit on video to breaching the Capitol in an attempt to send a message and spark a "positive revolution".

While the video posted to the Facebook page of Adam Newbold has since been removed, a copy was published by ABC News as part of a wide-ranging interview with the 45-year-old from Lisbon, Ohio.

"There was destruction, breaching the Capitol, our building, our house. And, um, to get in you had to destroy doors and windows to get in," Mr Newbold says in the video.

"What did get destroyed, and they're obviously trying to overcome now, again maybe they just didn't get the message, unfortunately, I'm hoping the message was strong enough. Unfortunately, maybe it wasn't. I hate to see this escalate more."

Mr Newbold did not immediately respond to The Independent’s request for comment, but told ABC that his actions went "too far" and he was now cooperating with the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).

"I would like to express to you just a cry for clemency, as you understand that my life now has been absolutely turned upside-down," Mr Newbold said. "I am not a terrorist. I am not a traitor."

"It accomplished nothing. What the hell was it all for?"

Back