Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

Same here man, my insurance cost more for even less coverage now. I broke 3 ribs and punctured my lungs and was in the hospital for a few... cost me nothing out of pocket. Now I gotta come out of pocket 3k before they will cover anything, wtf man.

That's an HSA, something Trump is a big fan of I've read. He's a fan especially for young people people because they'll generally have lower health expense. While that's generally true... Every so often you'll go out and break ribs and puncture lungs and then you're in a tough spot.

It should be dismantled and heres why...
Obama lied. Plain and simple. He was in such a hurry to pass it he did not give it the time of day to make it RIGHT. For a bill that bares your name thats pretty astounding! Nothing about it has turned out right or OK. Nothing about it was affordable. Nothing about it IMO is constitutional! Especially the part where they tax you for NOT carrying it. The entire thing is an abortion of epic proportions. Kill it. Start again

Some of those expenses have a lot to do with what your company is willing to spend too... If your deductible is that high combined with your weekly expense, I'd be asking my employer some questions. My company offers plans with weekly costs not much more than yours with zero deductible. $8000 is ridiculous, we offer a $4500 because we have to provide options but only one person uses it. Everyone else is $0 or $2700, $2700 is also unpopular.

I didn't like the penalty for not participating at first either... But it gives people the opportunity to avoid getting insurance right up until they get sick and then get the insurance. Then the prices get really fucked up! Trump wants to get rid of the penalty but it's going to make it more difficult in the long run for him unless he's got an alternative plan, which he doesnt to my knowledge.

Still, I don't disagree it's a mess. ACA needs work, I don't think anyone would dispute it. But despite the enormous cost people have to carry because of it, I still don't think the answer is to dismantle it because you're starting from square one. Commercialized healthcare isn't helping matters either... $1,000 for a cut on your finger... Is this a workers comp claim?? Fill this paper out and let's rack up some medical bills for your employer.

Some of these stocks are looking sexy as fuck since Monday though on a side note.

Obama care blah blah..
Fuck Obama care!
How did Obama care ever effect you personally or anybody else on this forum in a negative way? Answer me that?
If you can't then stfu about it!
How about this. my personal doctor has prescribed me an mri (obamacare declined), a vascular Surgeon (obamacare declined), my medication I need to sustain life (obamacare declined) and a few other things.... obamacare declined. they're still accepting my money. spent many, many hours on the phone with obamacare help Center and obamacare health care provider and battling this out with them. when I had coverage through any company I ever worked for getting things done were both cheap and easy. now that I have obamacare and a very serious situation hints have become both impossible and way more exspensive. I've been pulled aside by many doctors who have apologized that they can't help me because of this obamacare saying it's just completely wrecked Healthcare from all angles. I had a surgeon and his assistant talk to me in the back room apologizing for like 40 minutes explaining it's obamacare that's the problem. assistant gave me her personal cell number and is trying to help get me taken care of. this shit is a disaster. the only folks that like it are the folks that don't have it or are the ones that have it, ain't paying shit and haven't tried to use it yet.

I just looked it up, and my lifetime contributions to the NHS here in the UK will be around fifty thousand pounds.
Seems that's a lot cheaper than the USA... But I don't really know how the "cover" compares.

I just looked it up, and my lifetime contributions to the NHS here in the UK will be around fifty thousand pounds.
Seems that's a lot cheaper than the USA... But I don't really know how the "cover" compares.

I'll spend about ten grand this year on insurance. It will pay for 3 doctors visits. Aside from that, I'll have an $8,000 deductible to meet before it pays for anything else. And a 20% coinsurance to pay after my 8k out of pocket expense.

Real insurance will cost me about 15k, which is unaffordable to me right now.

With my use of care, it will be cheaper to pay the fine, and pay out of pocket. For better care, as i won't have to work around shitty network doctors.

The current system is a scam. Obamacare cost us this election. Right in the middle of open enrollment. I'm so pissed at it right now that i could have seen myself throwing a protest vote. But not for trump. . .

Do you actually send your money to Obama care, or to a shitty insurer. ie, anthem or similar

Fwiw, you can get gap insurance that covers the deductible . my family of 3 costs 50 a month for 6500.

You're referring to obcare?
The marketplace. Wide range of coverage options, with the weight of them leaning to low cost place holder insurance that pays very little.

Pretty similar to shopping private sources. Give or take a couple of bucks. I don't qualify for any tax subsidies, so i've been shopping around the companies.

It's funny though, i don't recall ever seeing so many plans that have so few benefits. Seems to have created it's own economic niche market.

Don't know how many of you guys sub to Arnold on IG, but he makes a good point regarding the words of President Lincoln, and how regardless of your views on the president "WE" are not enemies. We are neighbors, friends coworkers and Americans. Let's not make personal attacks on each other. Let's discuss issues as civil as possible. We are all effected by the dicisions our leaders make good and bad.

Don't know how many of you guys sub to Arnold on IG, but he makes a good point regarding the words of President Lincoln, and how regardless of your views on the president "WE" are not enemies. We are neighbors, friends coworkers and Americans. Let's not make personal attacks on each other. Let's discuss issues as civil as possible. We are all effected by the dicisions our leaders make good and bad.
Curious as to what he said about Lincoln?

I agree. Arnold said this was the first time he wouldn't vote Republican in an election, lol.