Trying to Clear Cloudy Test E Raw from Panda Refiltered 2x Help???

Discussion in 'Steroid Homebrew' started by Scottyhash74, Jun 27, 2019.

1. DuqC

DuqC Junior Member

Dude, do not pin that oil.. you dissolved your original filter with too hot a carrier oil. No amount of filtering will "unglue" your oil. It's only test E.. chalk it up and start over.

master.on likes this.
  2. Scottyhash74

Scottyhash74 Member

15621872038343418999752435223338.jpg 15621872038343418999752435223338.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Scottyhash74

Scottyhash74 Member

Hey bro,
    Here's the actual 500ml .22 Nylon and as you can see the filter is fine but the funnel is partly melted.
    I use a 40% EO & 60% MCT along w 15% BB & 2% BA.
    I heated it up to roughly 250° F and began filtering.
    So my main concern is getting a filter that can withstand the harsher solvents maybe a 500ml. PVDF Whatman Zapcap?
    I tried getting the Autofil PP but they are sold out.
    So any help would be extremely helpful.
    Thx and have a good 4th!!

4. Monstar

Monstar Member

Regarding those pics...maybe per quote your oil was hot and dissolved a filter in it. Something is wrong. I've had shit go bad...it sucks but part of the costs of homebrewing (though ours was subpar tren a raws and not related to process).

5. Monstar

Monstar Member

Ok PVDF for sure. That's high heat for filtering. Hell mine is like 115 tops when I filter.

6. Monstar

Monstar Member

Yeah man. I use Durapore PVDF and top limit is 85 C which is 185 F. You were at 250! Now consider also you have oil and not water which COULD lower that limit. Any exotic solvents might do that too. Either way you need to let shit cool down. Also most stuff doesn't require heat, just speeds it up. I try to brew a lot at low temps like 120-140 which are usually sufficient.

ETA Durapore is Milapore in PVDF. They make 500mls.

7. PVDF, PES, PTFE, Nylon, etc DOESN’T MATTER in regards to it melting. It’s the plastic melting in the funnel, not the membrane.

8. Scottyhash74

Scottyhash74 Member

So if i was to use a Whatman CR or PVDF and kept my brew under 100° ill be straight?

9. I’m not sure what the chemical make-up of the Whatman funnel is, but if it isn’t POLYPROPYLENE then I wouldn’t chance it. I’m also not sure on the temperature. I filter at room temperature.

I have 500ml Autofil bottle tops. I don’t pour all 500 mls of oil in at once just in case the plastic starts to melt.

10. Iron Vett

Iron Vett Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Honestly I never filter above 125F. And tren Ace is always filtered cold in case of tren swirls being present so I can filter out the solids. The high temp along with the EO are definitely lending to your polystyrene funnel degrading. Find the polypropylene filters with nylon membranes and you won’t regret it.

11. master.on

master.on Member

Filtering doesn't remove moisture
    Only reheating in an open beaker while stirring can make water evaporate.
    Use an oil bath, not a water bath.

And yes, you'd better toss it and start over. It likely has degraded filter particles in it.

12. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Why then are hydrophobic filters used for that application?

13. master.on

master.on Member

Yeah but OP would need to make sure he has those filters at hand.
    Plain 0.22 filters do not reduce moisture.

Scottyhash74 likes this.
  14. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Pretty sure that's what was exactly stated....

Scottyhash74 likes this.
  15. DuqC

DuqC Junior Member

Also, don't be fooled by using the correct filter (PVDF) filter still has cheap plastic sides and receiving flask as you've already discovered. I've cracked those by running 15psi vac with hot oil, will shatter under pressure. They get the consistency of superglue when dissolved. they will dissolve fast from even basic exposure. You should use glass hardware if you're gonna play hardball.

Iron Vett likes this.
  16. Iron Vett

Iron Vett Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

The filters made from polypropylene will hold up to just about everything you throw at it. I just wish someone would start selling one already sterilized

17. DuqC

DuqC Junior Member

Yes PVDF filter still has styrene in the walls of container. Even sitting for a few minutes will liquify the walls of the filter. Trust me, use glass.

Attached Files:

18. Scottyhash74

Scottyhash74 Member

Just a quick update.
    Refiltered all Test & NPP w PP Autofils and only heated to 120°
    This time.
    Needless to say IronVett awesome finished product die to your prior experiences everything but 30mls of Test E waa lost!
    Again thx to all you guys for taking the time to offer your help and knowlendge!
    Scotty~

Iron Vett likes this.
  19. Hey dude if you refiltered the oil that melted the filter and your planning to pin it then you’re being an idiot. Oil at 250 degrees is capable of frying things. You melted plastic and your brew is contaminated, you’re going to risk it for 100-150$???

I think my filters have a rating of 150 max but I don’t filter above 120.

20. Stop advising people to use oil baths to heat brews. One day someone as stupid as you is going to take your advice and burn down their house with an innocent family sleeping in it.