Tyson vs. Paul fight

Sector

Who do you guys have winning?

I think 99.99% of people would love to see Tyson take Paul's head off, but obviously he's far past his prime, his reaction speed has probably slowed down considerably (especially since he smokes so much), and paul Is also juiced to the gills, which might end up hurting his cardiovascular performance with the amount of weight he's put on

Still though.. we're talking about Mike Tyson. I'd like to think he still has a shot at winning, and I would hate to see him dent his legacy on a throwaway fight

Yeah I'm kind of hoping his technique and training shines through. I don't want to see him lose either
I'm saying prime, current, Jake Paul doesn't stand a snowballs chance against Tyson off the couch.

If Mike loses it's because he took a payday to go easy on him

I hope it’s going to be good but I have zero expectations for any “exhibition fights” most of the time they are a complete joke

Jake Paul is in a loose loose situation. If he wins, he beat up an old man. If he loses, he got beat up by an old man.
That mf laughing all the way to the bank

If he wins, he beat one of the greatest of all time, if he loses well it was freakin Mike Tyson lol

I don't believe it is real. Going to go to card and either draw or split decision. There just isn't any way. For all the betting I would be careful of that draw.

Dumbest sheeit ever. Sad state of affairs in the ring these days.
Mikey is the most overhyped and overrated athlete of all time.
Jake Paul is basically just cancer.

Its Mike Peery now.He is small for Paul but you never know what could happen.
Yeah I saw he's the bare knuckle fight champion or something to that affect

he's 185lbs and hasn't really had much time to prepare, and paul is probably like 220-230 now that he's all juiced up? seems a little lopsided, but I still want to see paul lose (doubt it will happen now, but one can hope)

Yeah I saw he's the bare knuckle fight champion or something to that affect

he's 185lbs and hasn't really had much time to prepare, and paul is probably like 220-230 now that he's all juiced up? seems a little lopsided, but I still want to see paul lose (doubt it will happen now, but one can hope)
Bareknuckle is a different animal much different than people think your whole defence must be structured differently also punches hurt your hands more.
I can't see Peery winning but i will be on his side also.
Jake is just not likable at all

Bareknuckle is a different animal much different than people think your whole defence must be structured differently also punches hurt your hands more.
I can't see Peery winning but i will be on his side also.
Jake is just not likable at all
Yeah bare knuckle takes way more balls and heart. He's probably one tough SOB to do it professionally

I'm all for a good upset though. That Tommy fury fight was a good watch

Dumbest sheeit ever. Sad state of affairs in the ring these days.
Mikey is the most overhyped and overrated athlete of all time.
Jake Paul is basically just cancer.
With all due respect to you. Take it easy! I understand where you are coming from with the current situation in boxing, especially the YouTubers like Paul. Maybe youre a purest like me and old school. Its been hard to see an out of shape, goofy guy like Tyson Fury as the champ was very hard to swallow. At the time he beat Wilder everyone though Deontay was the next big thing-turns out he was what we thought he was, a dud. A very loud mouth dud at that. Talk about hype! That guy was so heavily propped up for those Fury bouts! All for the money.

But MIke is the youngest heavyweight champ of all time, 20 years old! Imagine that, 20, not even old enough to buy a beer in the US. He saved the heavyweight division at a time where welterweights were keeping boxing alive. Boxing/MMA is a hype sport, more than any other sport in the world. Most overhyped? How about Tommy Morrison, Deontay Wilder. I saw that Bleacher Report article listing Tyson as most overrated. It was written by someone name Ling Bon, who you cannot find a shred of information on. Not a boxing historian or even an enthusiast. Its a nobody who is probably regurgitating things he read somewhere else online. But like most of these new "journalists" 90% of them didnt live through the era they write about nor have they even watched the fights! Sure they watch replays of the mega fights and think they are analysts after watching. It makes me sick. All of these opinions are coming from people with no background in what they write about, its not just boxing. Look at ESPN, you have some girl i forget her name but she has a south korea flag in the background for her facetime, she is commenting on basically every sport like she is an expert. Her opinions are cringe worthy and so many times absent of any basis in reality. But thats ESPN, dont get me started with that shit show of a network.

After reading his book you learn that he lost the fire to box in prison and the drugs took a major hold of him. He was never the same. But the hype before prison was so real that guys would enter the ring already defeated, Spinks (91 seconds and i was at that fight), Alex Stewart(at this one too), Frank Bruno 2. His KO's in the early 80's were like nothing we had ever seen, ESPN has a great compilation of Mike at 18 and 19 y/o knocking grown men out cold. One can say those opponents were meat bags but he is 18 years old and nobody else was knocking those guys out like young Mike was. His peek-a-boo style and slip step with super fast approach going to side to side was and is still like nothing we have seen since. Nobody in the heavyweight class has come close to delivering the excitement and KO's that Mike did in the mid to late 80's.

For the Paul fight, if Mike isnt injured and he is ready to go, he can bull rush Jake and he has to try to end it fast. Mike cant let the fight go on for long. Anyone who thinks he would take a "dive" doesnt know Mike- thats not going to happen. I dont know what Jakes other opponents may or not have done by Tyson doesnt take dives. Just watch every fight he ever had. He took some serious abuse from Lewis and Holyfield and even later with McBride and Williams. I hope Mike knocks his ass out but it will tough to watch if Mike shows his age, even with lower expectations because of his age, nostalgic guys like me are holding on to hope that he whips this younger generations ass.

Last edited:
With all due respect to you. Take it easy! I understand where you are coming from with the current situation in boxing, especially the YouTubers like Paul. Maybe youre a purest like me and old school. Its been hard to see an out of shape, goofy guy like Tyson Fury as the champ was very hard to swallow. At the time he beat Wilder everyone though Deontay was the next big thing-turns out he was what we thought he was, a dud. A very loud mouth dud at that. Talk about hype! That guy was so heavily propped up for those Fury bouts! All for the money.

But MIke is the youngest heavyweight champ of all time, 20 years old! Imagine that, 20, not even old enough to buy a beer in the US. He saved the heavyweight division at a time where welterweights were keeping boxing alive. Boxing/MMA is a hype sport, more than any other sport in the world. Most overhyped? How about Tommy Morrison, Deontay Wilder. I saw that Bleacher Report article listing Tyson as most overrated. It was written by someone name Ling Bon, who you cannot find a shred of information on. Not a boxing historian or even an enthusiast. Its a nobody who is probably regurgitating things he read somewhere else online. But like most of these new "journalists" 90% of them didnt live through the era they write about nor have they even watched the fights! Sure they watch replays of the mega fights and think they are analysts after watching. It makes me sick. All of these opinions are coming from people with no background in what they write about, its not just boxing. Look at ESPN, you have some girl i forget her name but she has a south korea flag in the background for her facetime, she is commenting on basically every sport like she is an expert. Her opinions are cringe worthy and so many times absent of any basis in reality. But thats ESPN, dont get me started with that shit show of a network.

After reading his book you learn that he lost the fire to box in prison and the drugs took a major hold of him. He was never the same. But the hype before prison was so real that guys would enter the ring already defeated, Spinks (91 seconds and i was at that fight), Alex Stewart(at this one too), Frank Bruno 2. His KO's in the early 80's were like nothing we had ever seen, ESPN has a great compilation of Mike at 18 and 19 y/o knocking grown men out cold. One can say those opponents were meat bags but he is 18 years old and nobody else was knocking those guys out like young Mike was. His peek-a-boo style and slip step with super fast approach going to side to side was and is still like nothing we have seen since. Nobody in the heavyweight class has come close to delivering the excitement and KO's that Mike did in the mid to late 80's.

For the Paul fight, if Mike isnt injured and he is ready to go, he can bull rush Jake and he has to try to end it fast. Mike cant let the fight go on for long. Anyone who thinks he would take a "dive" doesnt know Mike- thats not going to happen. I dont know what Jakes other opponents may or not have done by Tyson doesnt take dives. Just watch every fight he ever had. He took some serious abuse from Lewis and Holyfield and even later with McBride and Williams. I hope Mike knocks his ass out but it will tough to watch if Mike shows his age, even with lower expectations because of his age, nostalgic guys like me are holding on to hope that he whips this younger generations ass.
You nailed it! Mike saved HW division because it was absolutely atrocious. Just like wilder, he looked better than he was. Never beat anyone decent in their prime except maybe spinks and he was more of a light heavyweight at best. When it came down to boxing EH and LL he got cooked. I dreamed of Riddick Bowe beating the shit outta him back in the day. :)
Wilder was overhyped due to pure desperation. Any real boxer or fan knew he was trash based on his chicken legs.
Morrison was overhyped because he was white and in Rocky then got cooked by Mercer. I’m not saying MT wasn’t exciting but the reality is he was beating plumbers. MT has already been paid like 20million for this fight. It’s scripted and on Netflix.

You nailed it! Mike saved HW division because it was absolutely atrocious. Just like wilder, he looked better than he was. Never beat anyone decent in their prime except maybe spinks and he was more of a light heavyweight at best. When it came down to boxing EH and LL he got cooked. I dreamed of Riddick Bowe beating the shit outta him back in the day. :)
Wilder was overhyped due to pure desperation. Any real boxer or fan knew he was trash based on his chicken legs.
Morrison was overhyped because he was white and in Rocky then got cooked by Mercer. I’m not saying MT wasn’t exciting but the reality is he was beating plumbers. MT has already been paid like 20million for this fight. It’s scripted and on Netflix.
I am with you on all of that. The Morrison KO by Mercer is something i cant help but watch on YT at the most random moments. I even show it to friends and company on the big screen because it really was that sensational. For Tommy Gun that was even better than they could have shot in Rocky 5. Truly epic