USC Med School Department Chair Ruth Wood: Steroids Caused Omar Mateen to Commit Mass Murder

Millard

Elite
Staff member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
USC Medical School Cell/Neurobiology Department Chair and Professor Ruth Wood claimed anabolic steroids promote premeditated violence. As proof, she cites the cases of Anders Breivik and Omar Mateen.

Breivik killed 77 people in Norway. He admitted doing a cycle of 4 weeks Dianabol + 2 weeks Winstrol to physically prepare for the attack.

Mateen killed 49 people in Orlando. He was "likely a long-term steroid user" according to anonymous law enforcement officials and had a "history" of steroid use according to his ex-wife.

Wood made her case in a recent LA Times op-ed article:

Anabolic steroids taint Olympic competition, but it's what they do to the human brain that is terrifying

"Last month, as more than 100 Russian athletes were banned from Olympic competition for doping, federal investigators revealed that Omar Mateen, who killed 49 people at an Orlando nightclub on June 12, had a long history of steroid use. That detail had a chilling echo: Norwegian killer Anders Breivik deliberately used steroids to fuel his 2011 attack that killed 77 and injured hundreds. It received little attention in the American news media at the time, but Breivik methodically experimented with the drugs and, as documented in his diary, carefully selected the steroid and dose for his “mission.”

"These cold-blooded killings should tell us that even the direst health warnings about steroids — damage to the heart, liver, and reproductive system — don’t go far enough. It’s what anabolic steroids do to the brain that can be truly terrifying.

"The popular image of ’roid-rage is a sudden and exaggerated response to a minimal provocation, like “The Incredible Hulk.” But that’s not how it works. Instead, studies in animals show that steroid-induced aggression is not impulsive, nor uncontrolled. Steroid-treated rats remain attuned to the context of the fight: who their opponent is and where the fight takes place. This suggests that anabolic steroids can promote not only spur-of-the-moment aggression, but also premeditated violence."

Well, she may be right. I have the urge to commit violence after reading her article.

I wasn't aware Anders Breivik used steroids. That's interesting what was said there, if true.

Millard, this looks like a good opportunity for an open letter. Feel like engaging a USC medical chair by chance? :)

Well, she may be right. I have the urge to commit violence after reading her article.

I wasn't aware Anders Breivik used steroids. That's interesting what was said there, if true.

Millard, this looks like a good opportunity for an open letter. Feel like engaging a USC medical chair by chance? :)
So then Anders Breivik was on gear when he committed that dastardly crime and where he's got his own prison built just for him? Those Norskis must really take care of their wayward citizens real well...

I commit mass murder half a dozen times a day and sometimes more when on cycle.

USC Medical School Cell/Neurobiology Department Chair and Professor Ruth Wood claimed anabolic steroids promote premeditated violence. As proof, she cites the cases of Anders Breivik and Omar Mateen.

Breivik killed 77 people in Norway. He admitted doing a cycle of 4 weeks Dianabol + 2 weeks Winstrol to physically prepare for the attack.

Mateen killed 49 people in Orlando. He was "likely a long-term steroid user" according to anonymous law enforcement officials and had a "history" of steroid use according to his ex-wife.

Anabolic steroids taint Olympic competition, but it's what they do to the human brain that is terrifying

"Last month, as more than 100 Russian athletes were banned from Olympic competition for doping, federal investigators revealed that Omar Mateen, who killed 49 people at an Orlando nightclub on June 12, had a long history of steroid use. That detail had a chilling echo: Norwegian killer Anders Breivik deliberately used steroids to fuel his 2011 attack that killed 77 and injured hundreds. It received little attention in the American news media at the time, but Breivik methodically experimented with the drugs and, as documented in his diary, carefully selected the steroid and dose for his “mission.”

"These cold-blooded killings should tell us that even the direst health warnings about steroids — damage to the heart, liver, and reproductive system — don’t go far enough. It’s what anabolic steroids do to the brain that can be truly terrifying.

"The popular image of ’roid-rage is a sudden and exaggerated response to a minimal provocation, like “The Incredible Hulk.” But that’s not how it works. Instead, studies in animals show that steroid-induced aggression is not impulsive, nor uncontrolled. Steroid-treated rats remain attuned to the context of the fight: who their opponent is and where the fight takes place. This suggests that anabolic steroids can promote not only spur-of-the-moment aggression, but also premeditated violence."
So if this breivik guy did a small cycle to prepare for his mass killing then wouldn't it be relevant that he planned it "before" his cycle?

Is she fucking kidding...to extrapolate that conclusion from the examples given...and in the context of what occurred in the actual events cited is abslutely the most irresponsible statement I have seen regarding the use of aas in years.
BUT....all the sheeple will read it and believe it.

Its sad that theyll use AAS as a scapegoat. These people obviously are disturbed in some way previous to their use. But its an easy out. Everyone will agree and they can vilify AAS and the users in the media until another story pops up.

I've used over a gram of tren a week and am a teddy bear. Psychosis was the cause of these mass killings. Sociopathic, narcissistic pieces of shit with a fucked up self righteous agenda murdered all those people.

I'm gonna day mommy issues! There, see how easy that was to blame something! If only the media would listen to me instead!

Just wait, that kid who stabbed that couple to death in Florida, and then started eating the guys face off was well known for using steroids. Prepare for that fallout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wait, that kid who stabbed that couple to death in Florida, and then started eating the guys face off was well known for using steroids. Prepare for that fallout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that kid was a member of fitmisc. And I'm pretty sure @MindlessWork is a mod over there. What was his username Mindless?

Back