• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Website security measures - requests

Millard

Elite
Staff member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
What security measures would you like to see implemented on this website?

SSL / HTTPS
dual-factor authentication
???

I like the dual-authentication idea with a 15 or 30 day remember me option like a bit coin wallet or exchange.
But how would personal info ie phone # be protected or disassociated with account.

Veteran & VIP discussion areas maybe.
Members can currently set up invite-only social groups as sort of a decentralized vet discussion. Would this be a better alternative to a MESO admin-established VIP section?

Have you looked into Perfect Forward Secrecy in addition to https/ssl?
Thanks for the information. I will see it my web host can implement. Anything else to make SSL/HTTPS more secure?

I like the dual-authentication idea with a 15 or 30 day remember me option like a bit coin wallet or exchange.
But how would personal info ie phone # be protected or disassociated with account.
I don't think any personal information from the authenticator app is shared with the account. But I would like to hear from anyone who has greater insight on DFA.