Weight loss and Physical results?

Trailmixed

Recently started Tirz which has been great, so far down ~10lbs in 2 weeks. Was wondering, what weight loss amount were you at when you or others really noticed you had lost weight? I am sure there is not one clear cut answer, but just wondering what others' experiences have been. Grateful for this community!

Recently started Tirz which has been great, so far down ~10lbs in 2 weeks. Was wondering, what weight loss amount were you at when you or others really noticed you had lost weight? I am sure there is not one clear cut answer, but just wondering what others' experiences have been. Grateful for this community!
10% of your body weight is very noticeable and pretty much anyone you know will say something about it

Down 100 lbs since January 12th. Hit goal couple weeks ago.
Others noticed at about 25 lbs.

I lost almost 60 lbs on tirz. Great stuff. They started noticing after 10-15 lbs. I am 5’10”. What’s really crazy is when people that see you rarely see you.

It took about 6 months. Way too fast at first. Then slow later.
I am still on 2.5 (third dose). I saw that the recommendation is to take 4 doses then move up to 5mg then another 4 doses at that amount so on and so forth. If 2.5 mg continues to work for me, should I just keep using that amount until it stops or just follow what the FDA says?

Not exactly about experience with said drug, but other people are usually the first to notice any changes. You see yourself daily in the mirror and unless you see pictures of yourself before and after, you will notice it later than others around you.

Last edited:
Lost only 10lbs in 3 months but if you’re just detrained, muscle memory will kick in and you will get some of your previous size back like a recomp effect. So, in paper you might not have lost a lot but you will look completely different.

Lost only 10lbs in 3 months but if you’re just detrained, muscle memory will kick in and you will get some of your previous size back like a recomp effect. So, in paper you might not have lost a lot but you will look completely different.
Makes sense. How much protein should I be aiming for to maintain as much muscle mass as possible during this cut? No surprise that this med makes it so I don't really want to eat anything, but so far just been supplementing with protein shakes.

Can someone enlighten me because i'm kinda confused? Those glp agonists do they contribute to fat/weight loss besides suppressing appetite? If you cut 1000kcal/day without it and have some increased appetite, what's the difference if you take tirz for example and cut 1000kcal/day as well? Do you get any extra fat loss?

Can someone enlighten me because i'm kinda confused? Those glp agonists do they contribute to fat/weight loss besides suppressing appetite? If you cut 1000kcal/day without it and have some increased appetite, what's the difference if you take tirz for example and cut 1000kcal/day as well? Do you get any extra fat loss?
All the GLPs do is inhibit the drive for hunger. The brain uses GLP and GIP (in the case of Tirz) to drive the body's desire for food and reward. So all it does is reduce that desire. No extra fat loss if you did the same thing without the med. Most take it because it is exceedingly difficult to lose that amount of weight while fighting the body's natural desire to consume food on a daily basis at such a calorie restriction.

All the GLPs do is inhibit the drive for hunger. The brain uses GLP and GIP (in the case of Tirz) to drive the body's desire for food and reward. So all it does is reduce that desire. No extra fat loss if you did the same thing without the med. Most take it because it is exceedingly difficult to lose that amount of weight while fighting the body's natural desire to consume food on a daily basis at such a calorie restriction.

Oh, ok so i don't need it. I don't feel hunger even at 1000 cals deficit. I have only cravings for junk, either i'm on deficit either off season but thankfully i never break.

I am still on 2.5 (third dose). I saw that the recommendation is to take 4 doses then move up to 5mg then another 4 doses at that amount so on and so forth. If 2.5 mg continues to work for me, should I just keep using that amount until it stops or just follow what the FDA says?
Don’t go up until you stop losing weight. I was on 2.5 for two months. 5 for two months and then 7.5 for one.

I think there are various reasons that people are overweight/obese. I can only tell you about me. I actually have a decent insight into this from my past year. I have cut calories both on and off the glp and I absolutely do not lose the same amount off the drug. It does curb your appetite but it also regulates your insulin production. It’s the insulin production part that seems to do it for me. And that’s semaglutide. Tirzepatide includes the same action plus the GIP agonist which regulates your insulin sensitivity. So it’s not just an appetite suppressant. It’s making parts of your digestive system function properly.

43F... I did sema from June 2023 to Dec 2023 and lost 30. Just started Tirz 3 weeks ago (along with 60min cardio and light strength training daily) and have lost 12lbs. I'm finally just starting to notice it myself (of course my boobs are getting smaller). Nobody else has noticed it at all. Still have 60lbs to lose until I'm at goal. Slow and steady. Just leave me some boobs.

43F... I did sema from June 2023 to Dec 2023 and lost 30. Just started Tirz 3 weeks ago (along with 60min cardio and light strength training daily) and have lost 12lbs. I'm finally just starting to notice it myself (of course my boobs are getting smaller). Nobody else has noticed it at all. Still have 60lbs to lose until I'm at goal. Slow and steady. Just leave me some boobs.
Great work. Congrats. And yes, we are all rooting for your boobs.

Back