What is YOUR personal brew method

How have you approached brewing? Time invested to brew?​

I'm looking to gather all the current practices. You can summarize them in a picture or just list a general outline. How long does it take you to make your batch?
  • Do you prepare one vial at a time, or do you produce your entire supply for the year?
  • How much have you spent on setup costs?
For me, I spent a bit over 250 dollars on everything I needed, including the raw materials. I had to find the best deals and get a proper hotplate, along with a good amount of filters. I planned for 10 years of brewing ahead of time and utilized AliExpress for most of my purchases. Here's my list of parts and general supplies:
  • 0.22 Micron PTFE Filters (50-pack): $36.58
  • 10-Pack Pre-Sterilized Vials: $6.55
  • Hotplate/Magnetic Stirrer: $42.10
  • Yieryi Electronic Scale (100g/50g/20g/10g): $15.39
  • Benzyl Alcohol USP Grade Solvent, 100 ml: $14.03
  • Benzyl Benzoate USP, 8 fl oz (237 ml): $11.83
  • Hexane Free Pure USP Grade Castor Oil, 16 oz: $14.69
  • Testosterone Cypionate Raw Powder, 100 grams: $90.00
  • Different Combination Laboratory Glass Beaker Borosilicate Measuring Glassware: $8.95
  • 20 ml Sterile Syringes, pack of 10: Approximately $10.00
  • 60 ml Sterile Syringes, pack of 5: Approximately $15.00
  • 23G 1.0 inch Dispensing Needles with Cap, 20 count: $3.99
  • 18G 1.0 inch Dispensing Needles with Cap, 20 count: $4.35
Feel free to share your own practices and costs! I'm really curious! For me I focused purely on budget costs! I really cared about money savings for this.

One thing I would say that seems crucial to the "method" is the hotplate/stirrer.
I know there are some talented gents out there who can brew on the stovetop but it is a lot tougher especially when things go wrong. $40-$50 for a hotplate/stirrer is money well spent IMO.

One thing I would say that seems crucial to the "method" is the hotplate/stirrer.
I know there are some talented gents out there who can brew on the stovetop but it is a lot tougher especially when things go wrong. $40-$50 for a hotplate/stirrer is money well spent IMO.
Yeah I got one but it's alot of trouble. It over shoots it's heating by alot constantly. You get what you pay for I guess.

Yeah I got one but it's alot of trouble. It over shoots it's heating by alot constantly. You get what you pay for I guess.
I saw that exchange in another thread. Mine doesn't overshoot like that. It seems to increase/decrease the output depending on the rate at which the temp is changing (hope that makes sense).
The model I have is Vevor SH-3ABE

EDIT: My apologies this model is more than $40. I could have sworn I went with the $40 model.

Does it have a thermocouple that sits in the liquid? If so move the thermocouple to the plate surface
Yes thermocouple I always just sat it in the liquid but of course it doesn't help. I found a video about this model and how you cna program it with a bunch of tweaks. I'll link it in a few. Haven't yet really figured it out. It's like it had a mind of its own though. Almost burned my brew up too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240827_170156_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240827_170156_AliExpress.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 0
I'm a little embarrassed to throw out a round about number I have spent on my recent honebrew adventure. However it is my thing atm that keeps me busy. I definantly didn't get into homebrew to save money on gear..I will that if I was to never buy anything else in relation to steriods I could still juice a small county for approximately 20 years..kind of embarrassed to say it out loud..

I'm a little embarrassed to throw out a round about number I have spent on my recent honebrew adventure. However it is my thing atm that keeps me busy. I definantly didn't get into homebrew to save money on gear..I will that if I was to never buy anything else in relation to steriods I could still juice a small county for approximately 20 years..kind of embarrassed to say it out loud..
I haven't done nearly the amount you have but I look at my stash and just shake my head!

I plan on doing the same but all personal use with the rare giving it out certain family members who are interested. Mainly all personal use though