What rep ranges do you prefer?

I Usally not do anything under 10. Depending on my intensity and the weight I’m moving 10-20 always until failure or near failure.

I usually start my workouts with heavy compound movements in the 5-8 rep range while the CNS is fresh, then move on to higher rep ranges, and perhaps some isolation work, typically around 12 reps with slow controlled movement to really hammer in the burn. I also do a lot of volume

Feel like I get the best of both worlds in terms of strength and hypertrophy

I recently moved to the philosophy of AMAP (as many reps as possible). With that being said my floor is 6-8 with a ceiling of 14-20. I think in a few months when I redesign my training program I will have one push/pull day focus on strength with heavier weight in the 6-10 rep range and another on hypertrophy with lighter weight and reps of maybe 15-20 per det. Legs I always like to keep around 6-12 rep range per set.
AMRAP…you keep sayin AMAP lol

That said i do what @Sector does

Compounds in begginning then target accerssory work when fatigue its higher.

I used to love barbells and lower reps of 5-6 with heavy weight, I used to chase numbers. It was a milestone I wanted to achieve and I did, so I closed that chapter last year. So now I feel free, I no longer dream and think about benching over 400lbs or something like that. Been there done that, I feel I have paid my dues to myself.

Now I feel the freedom, I can go low, medium or high. Sometimes I'll blast 60 reps of body weight dips or sometimes I'll take that 220lbs barbell and bench for 20+ reps to get that extreme pump I sometimes crave.

Most of the time, I now do 8-12 reps as I like it the most on key lifts. 10-15 on secondary moves. And body weight it's maxed out.

What really made me not restrict reps like I used to are machines, because of them I learned much better mind to muscle connection and really started to feel the muscles I worked, before I could tell what muscles worked and I felt them, but they didn't burn or got crazy pump with basic heavy lifts.

In the end you have to know your priorities and what you want to achieve. If you want max strength low reps with heavy weight are the way with some accessory work for the weak points. If you want to really work out that muscle you need to focus more on feel so medium/high reps and focus on mind to muscle connection.

I have had incredible success in the 12-20 rep range. A lot of people swear by 8-12 for hypertrophy, and for good reason.

When I switched to 12-20 reps i started making noticeable gains rapidly, and feel the risk of injury is significantly less.

Now I still have strength training in my program, but I find the 12-20 range is superior for growth, for me.

What rep ranges have you seen the most success with?
Absolutely agree. I started seeing real size gains when I started going 12-18 reps

People get too much stuck in their own ego. Doing 8-10 too heavy and with bad form

A guy at my gym busts my balls (as a joke) because I only bench 100lb dbs on Incline, but my chest looks better than his and I do 16 reps for 4 sets

To be honest, I believe more in the feeling of the muscle group and the experience with the time. I hardly ever train less than 10 repetitions, for all muscles I'm in the repetition range between 8-25. I always do 15-20 free squats, bench presses around 8-15, traps for example go up to 25! Small muscle groups like delts go up to 20! In the last 16 weeks I have gained at least 30-40% in strength or repetitions for each exercise. When I was natty I made the best results on high repetition too.
free quats 15-20?? :D bro is building respiratory hypertrophy

Absolutely agree. I started seeing real size gains when I started going 12-18 reps

People get too much stuck in their own ego. Doing 8-10 too heavy and with bad form

A guy at my gym busts my balls (as a joke) because I only bench 100lb dbs on Incline, but my chest looks better than his and I do 16 reps for 4 sets
I think everyone’s different but form and time under tension make such a significant difference. Yes once in a while I’ll do a few sets of 8-12, but for me personally nothing tears me up like high volume moderate weight lifts.

Also 100s on incline is impressive to me anyways.

8-20.... rep range

Best I ever progressed was 3-12 rep range .. but I also got injured ... It's. Not worth it. Progress is slower .. but I remain injury free while not going heavy anymore ...

Like my bench is stuck but I do t do less than 8 reps per set.... I. Know if I did 3-5 rep range after a month I'll be much stronger..... But not worth the risk of Injury

being 34 now i can not train lower than 10 anymore and form is an absolute focus.
i went heavy in the past (4-6 reps). Got strong etc. but also have knee issues and elbow issues now that bother me..

I was given some advice by an older bodybuilder at my gym. Time under tension and pause reps. I've been doing that a month now and I can absolutely FEEL the difference. Just 10 reps my muscles are on fire. When I used to just do a quick 12-15 and have only a mild pump

I was given some advice by an older bodybuilder at my gym. Time under tension and pause reps. I've been doing that a month now and I can absolutely FEEL the difference. Just 10 reps my muscles are on fire. When I used to just do a quick 12-15 and have only a mild pump

Is pump a good metric for how effective the stimulus is for hypertrophy though. You can get a good pump doing a lot of things that wont do much for hypertrophy.

Though, its a metric you can use to assess hydration and how well you connect to a movement etc. Im not saying its useless. Mike israetel is a big fan of using it as a metric, but not on its own.

I do a top set of 8-15 reps.
Backoff set of 15-20 reps straight into
Myo-Reps.
I do alot of rest pause stuff to stay on the tail end of the set near failure.
My favorite is taking a 15 rep max, and doing 10 reps, rest 5 breaths, 5 reps, 5 breaths, 5 Reps, 10 breaths, 5 reps, 10 breaths, 5 reps. So I just did 30 reps with 15 rep max in shorter time, but most of those reps were close to failure and full motor unit muscle activation is happening.

I do a top set of 8-15 reps.
Backoff set of 15-20 reps straight into
Myo-Reps.
I do alot of rest pause stuff to stay on the tail end of the set near failure.
My favorite is taking a 15 rep max, and doing 10 reps, rest 5 breaths, 5 reps, 5 breaths, 5 Reps, 10 breaths, 5 reps, 10 breaths, 5 reps. So I just did 30 reps with 15 rep max in shorter time, but most of those reps were close to failure and full motor unit muscle activation is happening.
Is this a thing? Or did you invent it?