What rep ranges do you prefer?

I do 2-20. 2-5 on the power training wave, 10-20 on the hypertrophy wave. 1 week lower intensity in between the waves. No major injuries so far, at late 40s.

Injuries occur when ones form is compromised due to ego lifting. Position, brace, hold, execute, repeat. Always in control.
I care to disagree. When I tore my pec flat benching it was on my third set, 3 sets before my max 3 rep set. 295 was still part of my warmup. Usually get 5 reps easy. First rep hit bottom and heard and felt like a rubber band snapping sound. I knew right away what happened. Bruising started within a half hour. I’m just lucky it wasn’t a complete tear as I had no health insurance being between jobs at the time.

Thanks. I will google him.
I have tried myo reps and I liked it.

What do you guys think about FST7?

No pain no gain, right? FST7 is like stretch-mediated hypertrophy, but resistance-stretching to a level of discomfort. I like it.

See the other thread on long partials. Rambod advocates this, accentuating the stretch, but also completing the reps.

I care to disagree. When I tore my pec flat benching it was on my third set, 3 sets before my max 3 rep set. 295 was still part of my warmup. Usually get 5 reps easy. First rep hit bottom and heard and felt like a rubber band snapping sound. I knew right away what happened. Bruising started within a half hour. I’m just lucky it wasn’t a complete tear as I had no health insurance being between jobs at the time.

Sorry, I am not sure I understand what exactly you are disagreeing with.

You are saying that you got injured despite doing everything 100% correctly, basically.
You don't think you got hurt because something went slightly wrong, which lead you to overstretch the muscle on one side (weaker side?)

why do you think it happened, then?
You weren't too fast during the lowering phase, you had warmed up adequately, you didn't feel any tightness during your warm up.
Yes?

No pain no gain, right? FST7 is like stretch-mediated hypertrophy, but resistance-stretching to a level of discomfort. I like it.

See the other thread on long partials. Rambod advocates this, accentuating the stretch, but also completing the reps.

Yes, I watched a bit of the video in the afternoon but got interrupted.
So will finish it tomorrow.

Sorry, I am not sure I understand what exactly you are disagreeing with.

You are saying that you got injured despite doing everything 100% correctly, basically.
You don't think you got hurt because something went slightly wrong, which lead you to overstretch the muscle on one side (weaker side?)

why do you think it happened, then?
You weren't too fast during the lowering phase, you had warmed up adequately, you didn't feel any tightness during your warm up.
Yes?
Exactly. When it happened I had no idea it was going to happen. Just going through my usual steps to lead up to my max 3 rep, then if I still felt like I could progress, I would have tried to add more weight and see what happens. Nothing unusual happened that day. Till the tear. Understand; it happened Before I was near my max. Like my favorite Bb @shawn Smith told me “ it can happen at any time “. When I tore my quad 3 years ago it was because I slipped in mud, nothing to do with lifting at all.

When I tore my quad 3 years ago it was because I slipped in mud, nothing to do with lifting at all.
Yeah, but that's an accident
I am a flipping walking accident, but we are talking about something else, no?

Exactly. When it happened I had no idea it was going to happen. Just going through my usual steps to lead up to my max 3 rep, then if I still felt like I could progress, I would have tried to add more weight and see what happens.
But something did go wrong, otherwise you wouldn't be here to tell the tale.
So, you are just saying that despite being 100% spot on with your technique, something else caused the injury.

Sure, but maybe Da Boss you are replying to in your first post didn't mean it quite like that.
I read it more like: "all things being good" proper technique and no ego lifting will keep you safe/strong.

Maybe...
He will pop up at some point to say I am a retard.

I am sure that, in general, you are a good example of what he is saying (aside from your torn pec).
Me, on the other hand, is a different story.
Lol

I have had incredible success in the 12-20 rep range. A lot of people swear by 8-12 for hypertrophy, and for good reason.

When I switched to 12-20 reps i started making noticeable gains rapidly, and feel the risk of injury is significantly less.

Now I still have strength training in my program, but I find the 12-20 range is superior for growth, for me.

What rep ranges have you seen the most success with?
Depends on exercise pull ups 12-20
Chest with cables 15 + plus flys n combo
Standard chest presses 8-12
Isolation curls about 15-20
Standard curl bar 8-12
Guess it just depends what I'm feeling

Yeah, but that's an accident
I am a flipping walking accident, but we are talking about something else, no?

But something did go wrong, otherwise you wouldn't be here to tell the tale.
So, you are just saying that despite being 100% spot on with your technique, something else caused the injury.

Sure, but maybe Da Boss you are replying to in your first post didn't mean it quite like that.
I read it more like: "all things being good" proper technique and no ego lifting will keep you safe/strong.

Maybe...
He will pop up at some point to say I am a retard.

I am sure that, in general, you are a good example of what he is saying (aside from your torn pec).
Me, on the other hand, is a different story.
Lol
I actually replied and mentioned you but it’s waiting for moderators because I said something about ego lifters. I don’t think this is the forum for me anymore. I know hardly anybody from a few years ago. This isn’t the Meso I knew. I don’t think I have anything to contribute anymore.

I actually replied and mentioned you but it’s waiting for moderators because I said something about ego lifters. I don’t think this is the forum for me anymore. I know hardly anybody from a few years ago. This isn’t the Meso I knew. I don’t think I have anything to contribute anymore.
Listen, the amount of times I had to delete messages because they got blocked...
Please don't say that.
Just try to rephrase

Sponsors