What Vitamin/Supplements do you swear by?

iorigins91

So, a lot of stuff out there is obviously bunk and doesn’t do anything, but what is your personal experience on stuff that made a difference for you in terms of supplements and vitamin category? And what has been complete garbage for you?

• Vitamin D3 (Coconut Oil-Based): This has been a standout for me. I initially used non-oil-based forms of D3, but my levels never really improved. Once I switched to an oil-based version, I saw a significant increase in my D3 levels. It seems the fat-soluble nature of D3 makes the oil formulation far more effective for absorption.

• Fish Oil/Krill Oil: Fish oil slightly boosted my HDL cholesterol, though I found I needed to take a higher dose than recommended to see any noticeable effect. I’ve since switched to krill oil because, while it contains less EPA and DHA, the phospholipids it contains improve absorption. It’s worth noting that fish oil also made me prone to bruising.

• L-Arginine: There’s debate over the effectiveness of L-Arginine supplements, especially between the malate and non-malate forms due absorbability Personally, I’ve found that the non-malate version works better for me. I noticed improved vascularity and more intense pumps during my workouts.

• Multivitamins: These have been largely underwhelming for me. They don’t seem to make much of a difference in how I feel, other than turning my urine neon yellow, a sure sign that a large portion of the vitamins are simply being excreted. Still, I continue to take them as a sort of insurance policy since my diet isn’t always perfectly balanced.

• Pre-Workouts: Unfortunately, pre-workouts have been a complete miss for me. Rather than giving me energy or focus, they tend to make me feel lethargic, anxious and induce a crash. This could be tied to my poor tolerance for caffeine, which is a key ingredient in most pre-workouts.

• Creatine: this is one that may again work for everyone else, but it did nothing for me in terms of strength.