Who here smokes weed?

I was a huge weed smoker when I was a young man but nowadays only occasionally smoke it. Weed was great as it helped me chase the demons away.

I enjoy 1 hit before bed. I have issues falling asleep, and this allows me to sleep. I actually hate the feeling, even if I use slightly too much my heart starts racing and I get paranoid. I just have to make it 5 mins and I’m sleeping.

i take dabs which are concentrated thc basically for those who don't know about dabs but i use it for my PTSD only once a day usually towards the evening time when i am relaxing

I don't smoke. I like edibles. Also experimenting with microdosing shrooms. Doesn't impact my training or eating so no harm.

Can we talk about why kratom is becoming a thing especially in the bodybuilding world? With uprising extracts (Guy cisternino’s company which has signed nick walker, lee priest, and tons of other bodybuilders) pushing a very harmful and highly addictive drug on bodybuilders I think it’s fucking weird

Can we talk about why kratom is becoming a thing especially in the bodybuilding world? With uprising extracts (Guy cisternino’s company which has signed nick walker, lee priest, and tons of other bodybuilders) pushing a very harmful and highly addictive drug on bodybuilders I think it’s fucking weird
I see Keaton being pushed all over the place. I’m also very curious why it’s becoming a thing.

Not anymore.

I used to before bed to help decompress after a long day and to allow me to sleep better, but after a while it had somewhat of the opposite effect, where instead of it helping to decompress, it actually just made me paranoid/anxious like @PaintDrinker stated, although it still helped with sleep.

After I got more serious about running I cut it out entirely, and noticed cardiovascular improvements, improvements In my lung capacity, but my workouts were also more intense. I workout in the mornings and I found that if I smoked the night before I would still feel like I was in somewhat of a fog the next day. Made it difficult to muster up adrenaline for my heavy sets. So yeah cutting it out had a lot of benefits for me.

The only downside was the sleep, but I just increased the melatonin to offset the effect the weed had and sleep great now.

The only downside was the sleep, but I just increased the melatonin to offset the effect the weed had and sleep great now.
I would really like to get to the point where I don’t need it to sleep. How long did it take for you to start sleeping regularly again?

I would really like to get to the point where I don’t need it to sleep. How long did it take for you to start sleeping regularly again?
After stopping weed? About a week or so to return to normal. Although I do still take melatonin, so I guess that's kind of my new normal.

Never used to have sleeping problems of any kind until I ran a few cycles of tren. In college I would workout at 4am, get back to my apartment around 6am, take a quick power nap from 630am-830am, then wake up and pump out school work. After running a few cycles of tren the ability to nap was gone, and then I started having problems sleeping at night. Took a few years after discontinuing Tren to get back to a normal sleep schedule, but like I said I still take melatonin.

One of the many reasons I'll never touch tren again. That stuff is poison to the mind

I was prescribed 4 different meds for insomnia. None of them worked. I started smoking before bed and I sleep like a baby.

I mean I'm sure it's profit driven, like most things.

From what I've read though Kratom effects the opioid receptors. Why someone would want to give themselves something that mimicks an opioid addiction is beyond me though.

Not really and mostly because it gives me insatiable munchies and I binge... like totally lose control. So counter productive for my goals. Second thing is it makes me dumber if I smoke frequently. Kinda like brain fog during the day and then I wait to get my dose.

From what I've read though Kratom effects the opioid receptors. Why someone would want to give themselves something that mimicks an opioid addiction is beyond me though.
I for one stayed far away from opioids and haven't even touched some Oxy I was recently given after surgery to repair a torn Achilles tendon. I've had some experiences with that after a severe head injury a couple decades ago...never again.

I for one stayed far away from opioids and haven't even touched some Oxy I was recently given after surgery to repair a torn Achilles tendon. I've had some experiences with that after a severe head injury a couple decades ago...never again.
Same... I don't even fill the prescription if I get one. Not worth the risk.

I got hooked on it trying to get off benzos years ago before I got sober, it’s just not what some people think it is. It’s nasty. People need to stick to weed, but that’s not as flashy these days