Who here smokes weed?

Same here ..it's very popular or maybe just more in the open these days. I personally don't smoke because I have a terribly addictive personality.. I've been in recovery for 10 years. I actually had a relapse about 2.5 years ago.. after 8 years clean!! Now I got 2 years back under me and getting back into body building again now that I got many other things taken care of first.
If I started smoking I would end up smoking all day everyday and probably get nothing accomplished. More power to the people that can handle it responsibly lol..

I don't smoke. I like edibles. Also experimenting with microdosing shrooms. Doesn't impact my training or eating so no harm.
I honestly microdosed shrooms for 3 months after an episode and it was a life saver!!! It genuinely helped my mental and emotional state in a positive way that nothing else can compare to!! I was depressed and very unmotivated. Everything in daily life was a struggle, I was ashamed embarrassed.. microdosing mushrooms pulled me out of that hell and probably saved my life looking back now. I really hope more research is done to promote this. I literally had zero side effects and I wasn't addicted at all after 3 months I was able to stop taking them just fine. Alot of meds they tried to push on me were extremely dangerous and habit forming. I'm not a Dr but if someone was in a similar situation as I was I would 100% recommend micro dosing.

I dont. But I meet a ton of dudes who smoke weed everyday. Curious why?
You curious why you meet people who smoke or curious why they smoke? Either way I smoke weed every day n it’s not even sumn I do for ‘fun’ like I did as a kid but mostly cos it helps me sleep n it’s awesome for both bulking n cutting (cutting mostly cos it makes em bland ass foods tasty af) but yeah I don’t drink n rarely do most drugs so I guess it’s one of my few vices in that regard

Can we talk about why kratom is becoming a thing especially in the bodybuilding world? With uprising extracts (Guy cisternino’s company which has signed nick walker, lee priest, and tons of other bodybuilders) pushing a very harmful and highly addictive drug on bodybuilders I think it’s fucking weird
I wouldn’t call it a serious drug it’s like a light opiate mixed with an amphetamine n it’s helpful for people who need to get off opioids but that’s weird I didn’t know it was being promoted in the bbing world (although it doesn’t surprise me as bbers have always been on the front line regarding drug use, back in the day it was nubaine n amps n ghb now it’s probably even more shit).

One thing I can say is that working out on kratom feels fkin awesome I did that ages ago but remember every lift was easy as fk n it’s not like stims where you feel like you’re gonna explode sometimes (n in fact it’s risky af).

But yeah it can give people light withdrawals but nothing crazy, weird tho as I thought it had been made illegal due to pressure from the pharma companies.

Regardless though I’d way rather people push kratom than fkin poison like ssris n benzos n shit so in the fked up society we live in rn it’s better than many other options I guess

I wouldn’t call it a serious drug it’s like a light opiate mixed with an amphetamine n it’s helpful for people who need to get off opioids but that’s weird I didn’t know it was being promoted in the bbing world (although it doesn’t surprise me as bbers have always been on the front line regarding drug use, back in the day it was nubaine n amps n ghb now it’s probably even more shit).

One thing I can say is that working out on kratom feels fkin awesome I did that ages ago but remember every lift was easy as fk n it’s not like stims where you feel like you’re gonna explode sometimes (n in fact it’s risky af).

But yeah it can give people light withdrawals but nothing crazy, weird tho as I thought it had been made illegal due to pressure from the pharma companies.

Regardless though I’d way rather people push kratom than fkin poison like ssris n benzos n shit so in the fked up society we live in rn it’s better than many other options I guess
Agree with kratom being used as maintenance or harm reduction type drug. I think being marketed towards bodybuilders or genpop as a replacement for weed is just harmful

Agree with kratom being used as maintenance or harm reduction type drug. I think being marketed towards bodybuilders or genpop as a replacement for weed is just harmful
Yeah that’s just retarded ahah wtf oh well these lil kids is already tweakin n takin sarms they should be able to deal with some minor wds since they think they grown n shit ;)

I agree with you here very much. I personally feel that Kratos can be very dangerous to someone who's an addict and maybe doesn't know it yet or the addict who thinks he can use it in place of x drug. I've read and heard some stories of people really being hooked on Kratom and that the withdrawal/detox was no joke. Some compared it easily to stronger opiates. Me personally I steer clear. I tend to abuse anything that makes me "feel good" lol. It's not funny but it's funny. I always push things to far. I know thar though and have learned and matured enough the long and hard way. I worry for the ones who don't know shit and take it thinking it's harmless and for many people it can be harmful. Everything comes with a reaction or a consequence of some kind.
Now I'm not on the mindset it should be banned or taken off the shelf. Absolutely not. I just don't like when people say something is perfectly safe or harmless. For majority of population it may be.. but there's alot of people that it can open up a world they wished they never stepped into.
That make sense ?

I got hooked on it trying to get off benzos years ago before I got sober, it’s just not what some people think it is. It’s nasty. People need to stick to weed, but that’s not as flashy these days
Yeah would not want to wish that on anyone and weed is a better option for most people.

Weed was always around my entire life. I just assumed it was benign. I had a job for a long time that prohibited its use and that certainly limited my use.

When I stopped that job I started smoking both recreationally and for medical reasons. In less than half a year I was dabbing straight distillate and other concentrates throughout the day with little to no effect. My tolerance had gotten out of control. I was purchasing distillate 100g’s at a time in a medically legal state and adding terpenes to change the profile up.

For me using THC became a fruitless pursuit. I was no longer getting high or medicated. Everyone is different but I was using a ridiculous amount of product and got no results.

Eventually I did get the help I needed. I no longer need therapy for PTSD from my former job, and I was lucky to find a psychiatrist that was patient and understood me. The medication that he prescribed changed my life. I am completely sober now. I don’t desire to smoke anything, drink anything, or there may have been other things in my darkest days I sought out to self-medicate.

But yea, I smoked the hell outta some weed as a kid. As an adult, I’m over it now. I don’t look down anyone who uses anything but those days are behind me.

Weed is by far one of the least harmful drugs you could use if you don’t get anxiety from it. So knock yourself out.

Smoked on and off most of my life. Back in the late 2000’s I used to sell pounds of it in college. Did some outdoor grows as well. Was even charged for trafficking 14g of hash lol.

Later in life I had a job where I got drug tested for work similar to @swiftque, but we usually got a heads up. I was going through a stressful time and started smoking again. Guy got injured on a job I was on, company decided to test everyone. I failed of course, had to go to rehab for 30 days just to keep my job. Completed the rehab and ended up quitting that job 4 months later. Karma? Life is funny sometimes.

Stopped for a while again, but got into edibles hard over pandemic. Was making my own and using them for sleep. Thought it was helping, but now that I’ve been off it coming up on 2 years, I realize that sleep I was getting wasn’t very deep or refreshing, even when I got 7+ hours. Sleep is on point now being sober. Definitely don’t miss the paranoia either haha

As someone who’s done a ton of THC throughout life, I don’t think it’s as harmless as what many people think and definitely can be addictive. Still have friends and family who are like zombies smoking that shit all the time. Ever since Canada legalized it, seems that behaviour is more excepted too. Feels like everyone smokes it now, even their grandma!

Smoked on and off most of my life. Back in the late 2000’s I used to sell pounds of it in college. Did some outdoor grows as well. Was even charged for trafficking 14g of hash lol.

Later in life I had a job where I got drug tested for work similar to @swiftque, but we usually got a heads up. I was going through a stressful time and started smoking again. Guy got injured on a job I was on, company decided to test everyone. I failed of course, had to go to rehab for 30 days just to keep my job. Completed the rehab and ended up quitting that job 4 months later. Karma? Life is funny sometimes.

Stopped for a while again, but got into edibles hard over pandemic. Was making my own and using them for sleep. Thought it was helping, but now that I’ve been off it coming up on 2 years, I realize that sleep I was getting wasn’t very deep or refreshing, even when I got 7+ hours. Sleep is on point now being sober. Definitely don’t miss the paranoia either haha

As someone who’s done a ton of THC throughout life, I don’t think it’s as harmless as what many people think and definitely can be addictive. Still have friends and family who are like zombies smoking that shit all the time. Ever since Canada legalized it, seems that behaviour is more excepted too. Feels like everyone smokes it now, even their grandma!
I dunno why I can’t thumbs up your post.. all my permissions are gone in the general discussion forum.

But in the 2000s I use to get kine bud from Toronto. I’d go up to NYC and pick it up. The worst drug to traffic. Bulky af and strong odor. Canada was the spot for bud back then on the east coast. The good good was home grown indoor but most weight I saw moved was this kine bud. I didn’t messed with the Mexican bricked schwag at all.

I agree with you here very much. I personally feel that Kratos can be very dangerous to someone who's an addict and maybe doesn't know it yet or the addict who thinks he can use it in place of x drug.
As a former opiate addict i can attest to this. I tried krantom about 6 years after getting clean, not realizing it acted on the opiate receptor. This was about 2016 when it wasn't near as popular. Loved it at first, but after a couple weeks of use it started to give me that itch of wanting more if you know what i mean. Dropped it right away, haven't touched it since.

Could see how it could help people trying to get clean or detox, but just as a short term crutch.

Problem is I now see it advertised all the time. On websites and even comedy podcasts I watch. Not great for young and impressionable kids who don't know any better.

I dunno why I can’t thumbs up your post.. all my permissions are gone in the general discussion forum.

But in the 2000s I use to get kine bud from Toronto. I’d go up to NYC and pick it up. The worst drug to traffic. Bulky af and strong odor. Canada was the spot for bud back then on the east coast. The good good was home grown indoor but most weight I saw moved was this kine bud. I didn’t messed with the Mexican bricked schwag at all.
I can't thumbs up yours either, must be some glitch on the site right now.

Haha nice! yeah I'm from Toronto. I think that kine bud is what we used to call "hydro". That's generally what was sold in mass in the area at that time. Believe it or not it mainly was grown by Chinese Triads, they would rent out a shit ton of high-rise apartments in shitty areas and grow it in them, for short periods of time or until they would get busted lol.

Hard as shit to traffic, id be getting it in hockey bags, stink up everything i owned haha. Now the Canadian gov are the new weed traffickers. They been going after the local dealers hard, but still lots of underground websites you can get much better weed and way better price then the gov shit.

I tried some of that Mexican schwag on vacation in Florida one time. Definitely No Bueno

I use to smoke weed every single day, then I got abit older and it started making me more and more anxious. Got so bad that I couldn’t go to shops while I was stoned so I don’t smoke anymore. But now mabey once every so often I’ll smoke a little bit with my mates but very very rarely. Imo for me it made me too lazy to do anything, it’ll take you away from being focused on goals.

You curious why you meet people who smoke or curious why they smoke? Either way I smoke weed every day n it’s not even sumn I do for ‘fun’ like I did as a kid but mostly cos it helps me sleep n it’s awesome for both bulking n cutting (cutting mostly cos it makes em bland ass foods tasty af) but yeah I don’t drink n rarely do most drugs so I guess it’s one of my few vices in that regard
no I mean im curious why bodybuilders smoke. I used to smoke weed years ago, I smoked before I trained once and ended up spending about 40 minutes on a bench maybe did a set or two then I left haha I just wonder if it would help or not help with a bodybuilder.

I’ve been sober for most of the last 6 years. Did everything under the sun, but weed was the love of my life and heroin was my mistress.
I don’t have it in me to be a casual smoker. It’s such a convenient drug with no immediate consequences. When I smoke, I go through 2-10 grams a day depending how bored I am. This makes me very complacent and unmotivated.

My biggest issue with weed is how people refuse to acknowledge that it’s a drug. I’ve got friends who have literally no goals in life other than getting high. They haven't taken one step forward in 15 years. They’ll live off ramen and turn down good jobs because they refuse to pass a drug test. I’ve been there myself and it’s the easiest way to accomplishing nothing. I attribute this to the "practically no consequences" aspect. It's not like coke or alcohol where your life turns to shit after a while. Stoners just become comfortable with where they are. Then they will quote a 0.0001% statistic like Joe Rogan or Elon Musk to try and say successful people can smoke weed all day every day (which neither of them do).

There is plenty of research now showing that consistent weed use has negative health impacts on teens and young adults. 15 years ago maybe it wasn't so bad. Once we got scientists to alter the genetic structure to increase potency, and started smoking concentrates, it became a drug.

I'd consider smoking again once my kids are grown and I have true financial freedom, but that's a long way away. For now my drug of choice is anabolic steroids and I'm satisfied with that lmao.

Weed was always around my entire life. I just assumed it was benign. I had a job for a long time that prohibited its use and that certainly limited my use.

When I stopped that job I started smoking both recreationally and for medical reasons. In less than half a year I was dabbing straight distillate and other concentrates throughout the day with little to no effect. My tolerance had gotten out of control. I was purchasing distillate 100g’s at a time in a medically legal state and adding terpenes to change the profile up.

For me using THC became a fruitless pursuit. I was no longer getting high or medicated. Everyone is different but I was using a ridiculous amount of product and got no results.

Eventually I did get the help I needed. I no longer need therapy for PTSD from my former job, and I was lucky to find a psychiatrist that was patient and understood me. The medication that he prescribed changed my life. I am completely sober now. I don’t desire to smoke anything, drink anything, or there may have been other things in my darkest days I sought out to self-medicate.

But yea, I smoked the hell outta some weed as a kid. As an adult, I’m over it now. I don’t look down anyone who uses anything but those days are behind me.

Weed is by far one of the least harmful drugs you could use if you don’t get anxiety from it. So knock yourself out.
What is the psychiatric medication he prescribed and are you still taking them now?

What is the psychiatric medication he prescribed and are you still taking them now?
The final anti-depressant that worked for me was Wellbutrin. I take 300mg instant release every morning. Most people who take this dose take extended release or 150mg 2x a day.

I was given multiple SSRI’s like Zoloft and Prozac to address some issues I was having but they did nothing and they actually cause weight gain.

My entire life changed once Wellbutrin was in my system. I just stopped craving to do any drugs or alcohol. I became sober in about month (about how long it takes to saturate your system).

It made me realize how once my chemical imbalance was treated, that I was truly using substances just to self-medicate myself mostly. Otherwise, the desire to get high or drunk would still be here.

I never really thought much about alcohol. But I did enjoy weed, acid, shrooms, and ketamine. Maybe too much info.

Last edited:
no I mean im curious why bodybuilders smoke. I used to smoke weed years ago, I smoked before I trained once and ended up spending about 40 minutes on a bench maybe did a set or two then I left haha I just wonder if it would help or not help with a bodybuilder.
I love smokin before lifting but I wouldn’t do it for active hard training as I get distracted or regardless I prefer being sober n maxing out at the most off a stim or sumn like that but if you are like me n have issues deloading it’s actually really fun cos it helps you with your mind muscle connection (literally feels fkin awesome) so I’d say at the most either for deloads or hypertrophy days.

As for why many of us smoke weed it’s rarely due to using it during training but more cos bbers generally train hard then chill the rest of the day n eat a fkload so the whole vibe of that drug is pretty much in line with our type of lifestyle (plus it helps with sleep so people running stuff like tren will use that to sleep better instead of benzoing themselves tf out every night)