Why do DHT derivatives have such different cosmetic effects?

Blargensnarf

Just curious, ive been reading up on DHTS and i find it interesting how people report such different effects to the look, I was wondering if anyone actually knows the reason why?

Primo and var for example more people (including me) report more of a fullness effect but not as dry

Mast and winstrol have a very dry/flat/grainy look, ive crashed my E2 with adex and primo before and wasnt anywhere near as dried out so its gotta be more than E2 id assume?

They are all DHTs but i was wondering if we know what causes these differences between compounds.

Just like any class of drug, there's going to be variance on receptor pki values based on the slight skeleton modifications.

Morphine and hydromorphone are both opioids, but have unique effects as an example.

Same with something like Ibuprofen and Naproxen having different affinities at COX-2.

Slight modifications to a parent skeleton can radically change effects.

This kind of mindset drives me nuts and I see it all the time.

They act differently because they are different drugs.

They aren't DHT. They start with a base of DHT and modifiy it, so they act differently at the receptor based on those modifications.

The same goes for 19-nor based steroids or test based steroids. They are 19-nor or test BASED, not actual 19-nor or test. They are all different and will act differently.

This kind of mindset drives me nuts and I see it all the time.

They act differently because they are different drugs.

They aren't DHT. They start with a base of DHT and modifiy it, so they act differently at the receptor based on those modifications.

The same goes for 19-nor based steroids or test based steroids. They are 19-nor or test BASED, not actual 19-nor or test. They are all different and will act differently.
Thanks for the explanation!

Just like any class of drug, there's going to be variance on receptor pki values based on the slight skeleton modifications.

Morphine and hydromorphone are both opioids, but have unique effects as an example.

Same with something like Ibuprofen and Naproxen having different affinities at COX-2.

Slight modifications to a parent skeleton can radically change effects.
This is a great answer. I can’t stand when people claim running two DHT derivatives is pointless. They’re completely different compounds.