• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Why not annex Canada, eh?

solo47

10+ Year Member
Think of the fresh water, as well as the huge oil & gas resources, most of which are still untapped. Uranium is still being mined. Canadians of course will be miffed but most are too polite to get really loud in their protests:D .

Of course, Americans would have to come to terms with hockey, curling, lacrosse, baby seal clubbing, & polar bear swims each New Year's.

Solo;)

No qualms here. That's what they get for being pussies and paying taxes to a now defunct monarch who lives thousands of miles away. At least this way, their owners will be a lot closer.

The fishing and hunting are prime also, but being a convicted felon, I am not allowed to enjoy any of it. There beer is stronger too.

I'm all for it.

Oh yeah, smart guy? How's this for a smartass answer? His spelling is just fine. It's his GRAMMAR that is incorrect. :p

Grizzly said:
Oh yeah, smart guy? How's this for a smartass answer? His spelling is just fine. It's his GRAMMAR that is incorrect. :p
Hmmm... good one, Mr Grizz. His grammar because his word order was wrong, right? What he meant to say was "Beer is stronger there too"!

Also:
Grizzly said:
No qualms here. That's what they get for being pussies and paying taxes to a now defunct monarch who lives thousands of miles away. At least this way, their owners will be a lot closer.
Canadians I am certain pay absolutely no taxes to Great Britain, though they do support a Governor General (once the Queen's rep) whose office is mainly public relations & ceremonials. Pretty hot babe, too, Michelle Jean. Much more trade money is simply confiscated by that great bully, U.S. Commerce, who charge extra tariffs on Canadian imports, despite something called The Free Trade Agreement.

Canuckland keeps the Queen cause they know American greed will be less likely to rape a lady.;)

Solo

solo47 said:
Hmmm... good one, Mr Grizz. His grammar because his word order was wrong, right? What he meant to say was "Beer is stronger there too"!

Actually it's because he should have written "Their beer is stronger too!" with Their instead of There.

Weatherlite said:
Actually it's because he should have written "Their beer is stronger too!" with Their instead of There.
No. That would be a misspelling. Obviously there was a misspelling, but Mr Grizz gave us an alternative perspective. Mr Grizz called it bad grammar instead, which implies improper sentence structure.

I do have the credentials for these fine distinctions, y'know;).

Solo

No, it's not mispelled. There is spelled T-H-E-R-E. It is, however, misused, therefore making it a function of grammar and not spelling.

Grizz be right dat yo! Ummm.....yeah Grizz is correct, sir! lol

Actually, technically both alternatives for writing it would be grammatically correct. I was just saying what I figured Grizz was talkin bout.

Grizzly said:
No, it's not mispelled. There is spelled T-H-E-R-E. It is, however, misused, therefore making it a function of grammar and not spelling.
I see: "There, beer is stronger too!"

Back when I were a teenager in Alberta Carling made an awful tasting brew called Old Stock Ale. It were 12% alcohol & tasted like rye whiskey when warm. But damned it were great for getting a crazy buzz going before going out to get in fights with other drunk teenagers & a few in their 20s at the Lake Pavilion dance hall.

Odd reminscence.:confused:

Solo

Hey, that works, too, solo! Pretty slick. However, I was referring to the misuse of a homonym. It should be "Their beer is stronger."

HeadDoc said:
come to Arizona in the winter. You will think we have already annexed Canada.:)
Ooooo yeah, I lived for four years in Prescott & Tucson. Snowbirds from the Great White North with money for wings were a common sight. Makes me wonder which way this annexation thing is really going:D.

Solo

Grizzly said:
Hey, that works, too, solo! Pretty slick. However, I was referring to the misuse of a homonym. It should be "Their beer is stronger."

Good snag Griz. You're right, THL's post could be read as either a spelling error or grammar error. I'm so produ of your growing command of the English language. Let me guess ... you've dumped all your wetback friends and have been hanging with Canadians!

solo47 said:
I see: "There, beer is stronger too!"

Back when I were a teenager in Alberta Carling made an awful tasting brew called Old Stock Ale. It were 12% alcohol & tasted like rye whiskey when warm. But damned it were great for getting a crazy buzz going before going out to get in fights with other drunk teenagers & a few in their 20s at the Lake Pavilion dance hall.

Odd reminscence.:confused:

Solo

Being eaten alive by mosquitoes while getting the shit kicked out of me at the Pav while blitzed on Old Stock with Baby Duck chasers... brings back heart-warming memories doesn't it?

Do any of you guys ever get tired of patting yourselves/each other on the back for being so smart? It was a simple error that any decent 6th grader would have caught and you pricks act like you discovered the cure for cancer. :mad:

And Greyowl, I'd be more concerned with the black flies up there than the mosquitoes. We have plenty of mosquitoes down here and I wouldn't trade them for your black flies. Those things are brutal. :eek:

HeadDoc said:
come to Arizona in the winter. You will think we have already annexed Canada.:)
No thanks; it already looks like you guys annexed Mexico. Id take the dudes from up North over the ones from south of the border anyday. At least the Canadians like a real sport (hockey), as opposed to the fag sport the southerners like (soccer).