Workout Routines

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Ozzy619, Aug 6, 2014.

1. BIGMESC

BIGMESC Member

Currently doing HST.
    Just made it through the 15's and moved on to 10's thank God
    Exercises are:
    Squats
    Leg curls
    Deads
    Flat BB Bench press
    inline DB press
    BB Rows
    weighted chins
    military press
    Bi curls
    weighted dips
    lat raises
    Abs

Doing this 4 days a week with 36 hrs min rest time.
    Sun pm, tues pm,thur pm, Sat am.

Was also doing a Monday/Wed 45-60 min Hiit/cardio till last week when I picked up an upper respiratory infection, so no cardio for a bit.

Ozzy619 likes this.
  2. Ozzy619

Ozzy619 Member

Im just getting over respiratory congestion too, shit was annoying. I took alot of zinc and robitussin dm.

3. BIGMESC

BIGMESC Member

Ended up at the doctors after waking up to a 102 temp for 3 days,
    I kept it down with OTC but couldn't take it anymore.
    They put me on Zithro and methypreg finished the course Monday and would say I am about 90%.
    Being an ex-smoker of 20 years they checked me for cancer but came up negative on x-ray and blood work, whew.

Ozzy619 likes this.
  4. Blacken

Blacken Member

I don't think the Buff Dudes are natural but they have a good channel. Just my opinion.

5. Ozzy619

Ozzy619 Member

The short hair dude is definately on something, no way that can be natural.

6. Blacken

Blacken Member

The long hair dude in some video measured his arms at 18.75 pumped he just has horrible insertion points so he looks smaller he is. He could have great genetics but I've never seen a natural measure over 17

raysugar1234 and Ozzy619 like this.
  7. FuriousWO

FuriousWO Member

How's that HST working out for you?

8. BIGMESC

BIGMESC Member

On a second round, switched out BB rows for DB rows and lat raises for Leg extensions.
    2/3 the way through the 15's. Getting fantastic painful pumps half expect to see stretch marks.

I am off cycle now so it is kicking my ass, but have kept all my gains so far, one week out.
    Had to gut through one WO with crashing test levels and shitty recovery, but hanging in there.

Told my work out partner there is no way I am going for another round after this, maybe a push, pull, legs split or a 5x5 with accessory

9. hotdog23

hotdog23 Member

Fuuuckkk lol mucho sets !! And 4x a week?

I did 6 exercises for 3 sets
    3x a week

Squat
    Sldl
    Dip
    Incline
    Pull down
    Row variation

All about deconditioning foreal. We can condition our bodies to make light workouts a growth stimulus. Once u go high volume, high intensity, you quickly hit a wall... U can only go so hard, so much. Better to work up to it for 8-12 weeks. I liked HST as a natty especially

10. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

Yeah I was stuck at 17 till I jumped on.

11. skywalker33

skywalker33 Member

I have run about 6 cycles of HST and I have gained muscle on each cycle. I no longer use the standard rep ranges like 15, 10, or 5 but instead just gradually increase weight and lower volume during the entire 8 to 10 weeks.

12. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

I tried a cycle of HST and wasn't real crazy about it. It was ok, but I prefer push/pull, I like more volume.

13. skywalker33

skywalker33 Member

If you wanted to you could do HST with more volume by adding a few more sets each workout. This would still keep frequency high and allow for more volume, but hey I got ya man. I now know I grow best with low volume but high frequency but yeah stick with what works best for you.

raysugar1234 likes this.
  14. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

I actually tried something like that and I was in the gym forever, lol. I now train 6 days a week and hit everything twice instead of 3 times. I have been training awhile though and am used to more volume. Millard's HST split was actually pretty kool but after the first cycle I jumped off.

skywalker33 likes this.
  15. skywalker33

skywalker33 Member

Haha wow I actually did my second HST cycle exactly like this. I worked out 6 days a week, hit every body part 3 times a week, and added more volume than what Haycock suggests but I still felt like I just didn't need all that volume. I experimented on the next go around and cut my volume back and started hitting everything only twice a week (lifting 4 days a weeks). I starting gaining muscle like crazy!

Its just funny how everyone responds a little bit differently to training.

raysugar1234 likes this.
  16. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

Yeah it's not one size fits all. Millard B's routine was a 6 day split, he split it up into upper and lower. My six days is two pull workouts, 2 push and 2 legs. Hell I'm in gym two hours just with that when I tried to do everything it was insane. I think this or a 5x5 is great for a beginner. Most beginners do BB body part splits. A lot of people don't wanna train 6 days a week, me I love it.

skywalker33 likes this.
  17. skywalker33

skywalker33 Member

I do push/pull with HST now as a full body routine would kick my ass since the weights I've worked up to with successive cycles have gotten too heavy. There's no way I could do multiple sets of 315+ pounds squats and then bench all in the same day. Not gonna happen.

And yeah you can have your crazy 6 days a week, I like my 4 days a week just fine haha.

raysugar1234 likes this.
  18. BIGMESC

BIGMESC Member

Both sound good to me, might have to try both.
    Split my full body into 2 days and train 6 days a week hit each body part 3 times a week. yeah baby.
    But going heavy and destroying the muscles 2 times a week sounds like some serious strenght gains too.

raysugar1234 likes this.
  19. Ozzy619

Ozzy619 Member

You have a link to that routine? Ill look for it now just in case you dont

raysugar1234 likes this.
  20. BIGMESC

BIGMESC Member