• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Abortion

Roe vs. Wade will be overturned if Donald Trump wins, Mike Pence says

GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence on Thursday predicted Roe vs. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion, would be overturned if Donald Trump is elected president.

“I’m pro-life and I don’t apologize for it,” he said during a town hall meeting here. “We’ll see Roe vs. Wade consigned to the ash heap of history where it belongs.”

GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence on Thursday predicted Roe vs. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion, would be overturned if Donald Trump is elected president.

“I’m pro-life and I don’t apologize for it,” he said during a town hall meeting here. “We’ll see Roe vs. Wade consigned to the ash heap of history where it belongs.”

As if the Republicans had any real interest in doing so. I've lost count of the number of times they've had the opportunity over the last two decades or so, and ignored it. A president would need to appoint 3 clearly anti-abortion judges just to even the odds, and there's no chance Congress will let that happen. If it came to that, we would learn there are a lot more pro-choice Congress Critters than there are Democrats in Congress.

Roe v Wade will not be overturned in my lifetime, and my guess is never. The Republican base is shrinking, and I think it will not improve for the GOP until it's platform reflects the changing demographics of this country.

I personally oppose abortion, but I will not impose my beliefs on anyone.