• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Sacrifices required to get lean

kosp

I have been trying to make compatible the act of drinking beer and smoking joints when hanging out (several times a week) along with getting the calories tracked for losing fat.

Then I realized Alcohol and THC manipulate the mind severely, as you enter in a state of thoughts-dissolution, thinking about dieting at that moment makes no sense at all, then I end up eating a lot of calories, adding that to the previous drinks, it is a shit ton of calories, ruining any diet progress you have made in the past week for sure. So I find myself taking one step up and two steps back.

I enjoy lifting weights and I look like I lift with a shirt on, I have a lot of fun having an intense strength workout and then afterwards, having a protein shake and going out for the beers. I am 24 years old and I am consistently building new muscle and strength as I train hard, but getting lean is my pending subject.

I don´t feel bad at all about myself for this but it is what it is, and it is hindering my goal.

Any veteran advice?
Thanks.

Yea, quit drinking. Stop trying to bodybuild for 1 hour out of the day and then living like everyone else. You need to make your mind up on whether you want to put both feet in the door or continue leaving 1 foot hanging out. You aren't going to live like your average slob and look anything but average. If you don't want to stop smoking joints and drinking and eating bullshit then accept mediocre results. Your question doesn't revolve around getting lean, it revolves around self control

I have been trying to make compatible the act of drinking beer and smoking joints when hanging out (several times a week) along with getting the calories tracked for losing fat.

Then I realized Alcohol and THC manipulate the mind severely, as you enter in a state of thoughts-dissolution, thinking about dieting at that moment makes no sense at all, then I end up eating a lot of calories, adding that to the previous drinks, it is a shit ton of calories, ruining any diet progress you have made in the past week for sure. So I find myself taking one step up and two steps back.

I enjoy lifting weights and I look like I lift with a shirt on, I have a lot of fun having an intense strength workout and then afterwards, having a protein shake and going out for the beers. I am 24 years old and I am consistently building new muscle and strength as I train hard, but getting lean is my pending subject.

I don´t feel bad at all about myself for this but it is what it is, and it is hindering my goal.

Any veteran advice?
Thanks.
If you need “veteran advice” for a post like this. Stop now and do something else. This has to be a joke.

Yea, quit drinking. Stop trying to bodybuild for 1 hour out of the day and then living like everyone else. You need to make your mind up on whether you want to put both feet in the door or continue leaving 1 foot hanging out. You aren't going to live like your average slob and look anything but average. If you don't want to stop smoking joints and drinking and eating bullshit then accept mediocre results. Your question doesn't revolve around getting lean, it revolves around self control
Well said. Harsh reality. Half ass anything yields half ass results. It all depends on how bad you want it. Set yourself up to be successful.

I still lift more than many of you and I almost don't even use gear. But ok.

You are all hyped about getting results, no one gives a fuck, be happy.

Don't come up with the self-control and "successful" shit, I am way too nihilistic for that obvious fallacy.

I take bodybuilding seriously, not just 1 hour a day, I think a lot of protein, rest, and weight.

You asked for advice, and then took the advice like an entitled 2-year-old. You’re doing the typical “bro” frat-boy bullshit. Go to the gym, party, and repeat. And then wonder why you don’t look like a super star? How about check your reality before coming on this forum and acting like you’re some somebody, when in reality you’re just another cuck coming to ask stupid fucking questions, getting mad when people call you on your bullshit. Who am I? Some elite athlete? No. But I’m a competitive powerlifter who holds 4 records in my state and stays under 7% body fat year-round. So yeah, when I tell you that you’re a whiny little bitch who is doing it wrong? That’s exactly what it means. The fuck outta here with your “I lift more than you with no gear” bullshit. Step on a platform, put some real numbers up, win some trophies, and THEN come sling your moron ass questions.

IMO losing and keeping it off takes more discipline vs maintenance. If you smoke, try to get all your calories in for the day, and smoke towards the end of the night/before bed. Realize that’s your mind saying you’re hungry, not your stomach. After a certain point you won’t be craving food. Avoid eating while smoking because then it becomes full tilt. If you MUST, program it in. I use to macro the shit out of munchies and save up fat/carbs for that exact purpose.

I can’t drink and smoke, it gives me major spins and get sick. I pick one or the other. If I drink I stick to vodka/water with some lemon or just whiskey on the rocks. Drinking your calories in beer adds up quickly, but oddly it doesn’t really make me gain weight or throw me off that badly. It also fills me u up to the point I can’t even think about food.. I’m also maintaining and not cutting so it’s different. I fluctuate 1-3 pounds here and there when I feel like cheating. It’s just knowing when to stop, and not make it repeated behavior. Once in a while won’t set you back that badly. Indulge a little, but know that the very next day you’re back on track.

I still lift more than many of you and I almost don't even use gear. But ok.

You are all hyped about getting results, no one gives a fuck, be happy.

Don't come up with the self-control and "successful" shit, I am way too nihilistic for that obvious fallacy.
YOU obviously give a fuck, or you wouldn't be asking this question in the first place. But see, what you are really asking is "It possible to get lean while living like your average slob"?

You wanted a shortcut, a tip, something that will help you shed bodyfat while continuing to drink regularly. You didn't get the answer you were looking for so you got upset. Change that avatar to a toy poodle instead of the lion, you ain't no lion, you're a bitch

You asked for advice, and then took the advice like an entitled 2-year-old. You’re doing the typical “bro” frat-boy bullshit. Go to the gym, party, and repeat. And then wonder why you don’t look like a super star? How about check your reality before coming on this forum and acting like you’re some somebody, when in reality you’re just another cuck coming to ask stupid fucking questions, getting mad when people call you on your bullshit. Who am I? Some elite athlete? No. But I’m a competitive powerlifter who holds 4 records in my state and stays under 7% body fat year-round. So yeah, when I tell you that you’re a whiny little bitch who is doing it wrong? That’s exactly what it means. The fuck outta here with your “I lift more than you with no gear” bullshit. Step on a platform, put some real numbers up, win some trophies, and THEN come sling your moron ass questions.

Numbers up? Sure.

I am:
1.81m
86.4kg
Bench 1RM: 145kg
Squat 1RM: 165kg
Military Press: Bodyweight
Weighted Pull-Up: 50kg+bodyweight
Deadlift: I don't do it
T Rows: 5 to 6 plates for reps

Numbers up? Sure.

I am:
1.81m
86.4kg
Bench 1RM: 145kg
Squat 1RM: 165kg
Military Press: Bodyweight
Weighted Pull-Up: 50kg+bodyweight
Deadlift: I don't do it
T Rows: 5 to 6 plates for reps

Lmfao the fact that you think a T-Bar Row matters and you don’t even deadlift says everything about you that anyone needs to know. You’re a bitch bud. Have fun swallowing that fact. You’re 189lbs and you’re not even squatting 4 wheels? You expected to impress anyone or prove your point with those numbers? You just keep digging yourself a hole lol your lifts are as pathetic as your logic behind lifting. Go find some humble pie and have a slice, next time you ask the Veterans a question, listen to the advice instead of making yourself look like a jackass. Bless your little heart lol

Lmfao the fact that you think a T-Bar Row matters and you don’t even deadlift says everything about you that anyone needs to know. You’re a bitch bud. Have fun swallowing that fact. You’re 189lbs and you’re not even squatting 4 wheels? You expected to impress anyone or prove your point with those numbers? You just keep digging yourself a hole lol your lifts are as pathetic as your logic behind lifting. Go find some humble pie and have a slice, next time you ask the Veterans a question, listen to the advice instead of making yourself look like a jackass. Bless your little heart lol

I know I have work to do, but those are not numbers for the average slob, at least you have to give me that, squatting 4 plates is not some basic mark like you talk, and everybody knows it.

I appreciate the honest and harsh advices, guys. I realize there is no future in the drinking&smoking lifestyle and I will be getting half-results from everything while doing it, and my stomach is starting to burn every night from it, I better be off soon.

I know I have work to do, but those are not numbers for the average slob, at least you have to give me that, squatting 4 plates is not some basic mark like you talk, and everybody knows it.

I appreciate the honest and harsh advices, guys. I realize there is no future in the drinking&smoking lifestyle and I will be getting half-results from everything while doing it, and my stomach is starting to burn every night from it, I better be off soon.

Squatting 4 plates is absolutely a basic mark for someone talking the kind of shit you were in your responses. What I’m trying to get through to you, is that you came here requesting information from the vets, from guys that have been doing this for a long time and have the knowledge. When you didn’t get the answers you wanted, you came back with some bullshit and tried to make it seem like you didn’t need anyone’s help because you had it all figured out already, and essentially spat in the faces of the people trying to help you. So someone needed to put you in your place. None of us ever got to where we are now by thinking we had it all figured out, or by shrugging off good advice. If you keep those two facts in mind the next time you ask for help or advice, it will serve you much better and you won’t have people ripping your head off for coming off cocky.

Squatting 4 plates is absolutely a basic mark for someone talking the kind of shit you were in your responses. What I’m trying to get through to you, is that you came here requesting information from the vets, from guys that have been doing this for a long time and have the knowledge. When you didn’t get the answers you wanted, you came back with some bullshit and tried to make it seem like you didn’t need anyone’s help because you had it all figured out already, and essentially spat in the faces of the people trying to help you. So someone needed to put you in your place. None of us ever got to where we are now by thinking we had it all figured out, or by shrugging off good advice. If you keep those two facts in mind the next time you ask for help or advice, it will serve you much better and you won’t have people ripping your head off for coming off cocky.

yeah, I was just fucking around in my responses, in fact, I was drunk last night, so please don´t take it too literally.

I appreciate your straight-forward response btw.

Experiment.

No alcohol or THC for a month.

See what changes, mentally and physically.

Any veteran advice?
Thanks.
The drinking is worse then pot on that regard. Don’t feel bad I have the same problem. The leanest I ever was I didn’t drink for like 6 months. Honestly best 6 months I ever had as far as results in the gym are concerned. As for the weed, I have a card so it’s completely legal for me in my state but my point is that it actually helps with eating more food. I love it!!!
it really helps me on those days when I don’t feel like eating another chicken breast with brown rice and green beans. .

The answer is:

First off, don’t drink while on a cycle period if you are using any type of gear and when off cycle just try to limit it to only on Friday night or Saturday or whatever night works for you. It’s all about balance and moderation but again I know it’s strongly advised to stay with from alcohol period while on a cycle. Moderation is not acceptable period in that case.

2nd smoke more weed lmao