10ml or 20ml or 30ml vials

I started using a filtered vial spike after I noticed when clearing the bubble from my syringe, a few times there was extra "resistance" just before the oil spurted out of the needle tip. Never saw any particulates, but this is a 27g, and after I started using the spike that never happened again.
Holy Hell!! Is THAT what that is? I get the same thing with a 29g once in a while. Will definitely be looking into the filtered vial spike.

Ghoul is too busy rambling about infection of anything instead of explaining to us how how the fuck can you use this spike and if they are one use only or multiple use.

I use one spike for the life of the vial.

You attach the luer lock syringe, draw, then disconnect the syringe, leaving the spike in the vial and attach needle. An added benefit is that it prevents using a separate needle to draw, or dulling the needle if using the same to draw and inject.

The model I use has a valve that closes when the syringe is removed, so nothing leaks from the vial being held upside down.

There's a vent that allows air into the vial as you draw, equalizing pressure preventing vacuum from forming.

Liquid flows through a 5 micron particle filter, vent air flows through a 2 micron air filter.

There's a cap that covers the luer connector when not in use.

IMG_8143.jpeg

IMG_8144.jpeg

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8284.jpeg

Last edited: