10ml or 20ml or 30ml vials

I started using a filtered vial spike after I noticed when clearing the bubble from my syringe, a few times there was extra "resistance" just before the oil spurted out of the needle tip. Never saw any particulates, but this is a 27g, and after I started using the spike that never happened again.
Holy Hell!! Is THAT what that is? I get the same thing with a 29g once in a while. Will definitely be looking into the filtered vial spike.

Ghoul is too busy rambling about infection of anything instead of explaining to us how how the fuck can you use this spike and if they are one use only or multiple use.

I use one spike for the life of the vial.

You attach the luer lock syringe, draw, then disconnect the syringe, leaving the spike in the vial and attach needle. An added benefit is that it prevents using a separate needle to draw, or dulling the needle if using the same to draw and inject.

The model I use has a valve that closes when the syringe is removed, so nothing leaks from the vial being held upside down.

There's a vent that allows air into the vial as you draw, equalizing pressure preventing vacuum from forming.

Liquid flows through a 5 micron particle filter, vent air flows through a 2 micron air filter.

There's a cap that covers the luer connector when not in use.

IMG_8143.jpeg

IMG_8144.jpeg

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8284.jpeg

Last edited:

You attach the luer lock syringe, draw, then disconnect the syringe, leaving the spike in the vial and attach needle. An added benefit is that it prevents using a separate needle to draw, or dulling the needle if using the same to draw and inject.

The model I use has a valve that closes when the syringe is removed, so nothing leaks from the vial being held upside down.

There's a vent that allows air into the vial as you draw, equalizing pressure preventing vacuum from forming.

Liquid flows through a 5 micron particle filter, vent air flows through a 2 micron air filter.

View attachment 293864

View attachment 293869

View attachment 293867

View attachment 293866
Fucking Amazing!

B. Braun part # for version with particle filter. air filter, valve, for 10-30ml vial: 4550579

B. Braun part # for version with particle filter. air filter, NO valve, MICRO spike for 3ml peptide vial: 4550528

(correction to above post. bacterial resistant vent air filter is 4.5 micron. A 2 micron air filter is available on other versions (red) at roughly double the price.)

DM me if you have issues sourcing.

IMG_8782.jpeg

Last edited:

Can you use the spike to fill the vial during the brewing process too?

No the filter is too big and it's not a .22 so it wouldn't filter properly. This is only to filter big particle like stopper shit etc. not to make the oil sterile after brewing

No the filter is too big and it's not a .22 so it wouldn't filter properly. This is only to filter big particle like stopper shit etc. not to make the oil sterile after brewing
Oh right. I was thinking use the .22 and into the spike but that is a slip joint on that side of the .22 filter and won't connect to the spike. Thanks

No, this won't filter sterilize, however, it will fill much faster using a syringe filter without a needle because of the large diameter of the luer connection, and the two-way vent allows air to escape as the vial is filled so you're not fighting back pressure.

*using a filter with dual luer connectors:

IMG_8783.jpeg

Last edited:
@narta didn't want to spam the other thread, if it's not needed to retest the finished product if one can do some basic match, why the fuck many sources can't get the MG right? Is it because they don't test the raws and so they are not sure of the purity and how to adjust the quantity?

@narta didn't want to spam the other thread, if it's not needed to retest the finished product if one can do some basic match, why the fuck many sources can't get the MG right? Is it because they don't test the raws and so they are not sure of the purity and how to adjust the quantity?
In oils? Out of 100 tests why the 90 of them are underdosed 8 on point and 2 overdosed? And some of them either eyeball some ingredients, don't weight the raws with accuracy, or test purity. Or all of the above

In oils? Out of 100 tests why the 90 of them are underdosed 8 on point and 2 overdosed? And some of them either eyeball some ingredients, don't weight the raws with accuracy, or test purity. Or all of the above
So if one analyze all the raws bought, and use a proper weighting machine and basic math is very easy to brew always on point, am I right?

they are fucking expensive tho, I wouldn't use it in less then a 30-50ml vial, it's probably even safe to use the same for multiple vial, I mean you just take it off and stuck in another vial, it's not like it got contaminated staying inside a sterile vial with oil with BA

What price are you finding? I think they're pretty cheap tbh.

That's about right. I don't see that as adding much cost per vial, though you could reuse them ofc, I just prefer not to. The capacity of the filter is far higher than 10ml.
You serious? This is a no brainer then. I didn't think you could possible re use them but now that you put it that way. I don't see why this wouldn't work. Can you dm me a source that ships from America? Or do they all come from Europe