• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

A journal.

I started out at around the same height and weight as you (6'1" 260, ~25% BF), and since March of 2020 when I made it a mission to transform my body composition, I am now down to 246 and ~16% BF, and I compete MWO just like you plan to. It's certainly possible to make the changes, just know they don't happen overnight.

As long as you plan for the long game, you'll be able to make the change without setting yourself up for failure.
Thanks man, I'm trying to do things as smart as possible. I research constantly about strength and physique sports so I have a pretty good base knowledge I think. Always trying to learn more though.

Saturday:

Breakfast:
130 g oatmeal w/ 1 scoop whey protein

Lunch:
1 Turkey and swiss sandwich
1 banana
1 muscle milk protein drink

30 min. pre-workout:
20 mg Rad 140
300 mg caffeine

Training:
Farmer's carries - 110 each hand 20 yards x 2, 160 each hand 20 yards x 4
Sand bag carry - 120 lbs 20 yards x 4
Sprints - 20 yards x 4
Axel bar clean and press - 80x5, 120x3, 120x3, 120x3
Front raises - 45x10, 45x10, 45x10

Post workout meal:
1 Gyro (not that great)
some fries
~ 60 g chicken breast

Meal 1:
160 g chicken breast
1 cup white rice

Final meal:
2 cups Oikos Triple Zero
~120 g beef liver

Sunday:

Breakfast:
130 g oatmeal w/ 1 scoop whey protein

10:30 am:
250 mg Testosterone Enanthate

Lunch:
3 Chicken and cheese quesadillas (mexican food)

15 mg Rad 140

Meal 1:
160 g chicken breast
1 cup white rice
1 banana

Meal 2:
160 g chicken breast
1 cup white rice

Final meal:
2 cups Oikos Triple Zero
100 g beef liver

It's difficult to stick to a meal plan 100% when your girlfriend wants to go out to eat. On the plus side I'm naturally more active when she's here (no not just the sex). She's been staying for a few days to a week at a time since the accident. She's in a wheelchair and my apartments easier for her to get around then her parent's house. Thing is I have to carry her in and out of the apartment, which is good for strongman training I guess.
Actually, I don't know what I'd have done if I hadn't been training for strongman. Doing that awkward lifting has made carrying her around tremendously easy (she's not completely tiny, maybe 145-150ish).

Side note, my physique is coming in nicely. In the past few weeks I've had about 6 or more people tell me I'm getting huge. Had to lie to one client who jokingly asked if I was on the sauzule. So that's a nice ego boost. Makes me wonder how much I'm gonna blow up when I go back to training for hypertrophy after this competition.

Breakfast:
130 g oatmeal
5 eggs

Lunch:
160 g chicken breast
1 cup white rice
Spinach

20 mg Rad 140

Lunch 2:
160 g chicken breast
1 cup white rice
Spinach

30 min. pre-workout:
300 mg caffeine

Training:
Box squats - 45x10, 135x5, 225x2x10
RDL - 45x10, 135x5, 225x3, 275x3, 275x3, 275x3
Box jumps - 4 sets of 5
Leg press machine - 310x10x5
Stair climber - 10 minutes, (HIIT 1 min. slow, 1 min. fast)

Post workout meal:
200 g 80% ground beef
2 cups white rice

Final meal:
2 cups Oikos Triple Zero
100 g beef liver

Breakfast:
130 g oatmeal
5 eggs

Lunch:
160 g chicken breast
1 cup white rice
Spinach

20 mg Rad 140

Lunch 2:
160 g chicken breast
1 cup white rice
Spinach

30 min. pre-workout:
300 mg caffeine

Training:
Box squats - 45x10, 135x5, 225x2x10
RDL - 45x10, 135x5, 225x3, 275x3, 275x3, 275x3
Box jumps - 4 sets of 5
Leg press machine - 310x10x5
Stair climber - 10 minutes, (HIIT 1 min. slow, 1 min. fast)

Post workout meal:
200 g 80% ground beef
2 cups white rice

Final meal:
2 cups Oikos Triple Zero
100 g beef liver

Been lifting consistently for the past year. Lifted in high school, but hard drugs took me out of any kind of productive life at age 17. I've recently decided to switch over to the dark side. 5 weeks out from my first strongman competition, and I'm kind of just diving head first into the world of strength sports. I've researched gear and pharmacological enhancement fairly obsessively for the past 6 months or more. My diet is USUALLY on point, pretty balanced in micro nutrients and good macros. I'm eating at a slight surplus around 3000-3600 calories per day. I don't have everything "dialed in", but I'm a pretty intelligent individual. I'm doing a deep dive into strength programming, and it's even piqued my interest so much I just enrolled into school for sports and exercise science. I'm going to use this log for accountability, just general tracking of progress, and as an actual journal. Over the past years I've learned the importance that journaling and getting things down on paper can be. And I'm sure I'll make some friends along the way, and the more friends the merrier right?

Height: 6'
Weight: 258 Lbs
Bf%: Idk still a little fuckin chubby.

All critiques are welcome.

Breakfast:
90 g cream of wheat w/2 scoop whey protein.

Lunch 1:
1 Turkey w/swiss sandwich on cranberry bread (50 g protein, 380 cal.)
1 Quest protein bar (20 g protein)

Lunch 2:
1 Turkey w/swiss sandwich on cranberry bread (50 g protein, 380 cal.)
1 One protein bar (20 g protein)

Pre-workout:
Crack Pre-workout (300 mg caffeine, 90 mg DMAA)

Training:
Saturday I usually reserve for sandbag training and training for loading events, but to day was a bit different.
Log clean and press - 50x10, 100x5, 120x3, 150x1, 170x1, 190x1, 200x1 (fail), 200x1 (fail)
Axel bar clean and press - 120x5, 140x3, 140x1, 140x1, 160x1, 180x1 (fail), 180x1 (fail)
Neutral Bench press w/ Kabuki Kadillac Bar - 135x10, 185x10, 205x8, 225x5, 225x5, 225x5
Dumbell Shoulder press - 55'sx10, 60'sx10, 60'sx10, 60'sx8
Farmer's Hold w/ trap bar - 135x ~30 sec., 225x ~20 sec., 315x~20 sec., 315x~15 sec., 315x~20 sec.

Post work-out meal:
2 Arby's Turkey Gyro (No tzatziki sauce) w/barbeque (50 g protein.)

20 mg Rad 140 when I got home

Final meal:
2 Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt w/ 1 scoop whey protein.

Man today was busy as fuck. Had to take a trip to a city a little over an hour away for work reasons. But it was good though. I'm happy with the outcome of the situation. however, the nutrition today was not on point at fuckin all. I did my best with gas station food as far as keeping macro's somewhat in check. Visited my girlfriend on the way back. Decided to check around for powerlifting gym's since I was out of town. I train at a basic ass gym with mostly older people, but it has a power rack and a barbell so I'm good.

Found a pretty sweet powerlifting gym that had some strongman equipment, fuckin score. I was hoping for a space to do some farmer's walks or push a sled, some sort of conditioning. Turns out the didn't have too much strongman equipment. Tons of legit powerlifting stuff, and still a nice little gym none the less. It was my first time touching a log implement, so I had to push the limit. Pretty happy with the outcome, and I got to practice the continental clean and press.

Pretty sweet day if I say so.
Hey I did my undergrad in sport and exercise science, if you have any general questions feel free to ask.

Hey I did my undergrad in sport and exercise science, if you have any general questions feel free to ask.
Hey thanks man I appreciate it, I'm not so active on this forum but i really appreciate it. I decided to major in sport and exercise science with a minor in coaching.

Hey thanks man I appreciate it, I'm not so active on this forum but i really appreciate it. I decided to major in sport and exercise science with a minor in coaching.
I think you'll enjoy it, lots of interesting stuff! For my course I had biomechanics, physiology, sports psychology and research methods. Hoping to do my masters in clinical physiology next year. My advice is talk to as many people as you can! Had some awesome connections that had hook ups for a ton of football clubs, lab work and other great opportunities for work after graduation. Also lots of opportunities available during your course like earning personal training certifications for free, first aid, short summer placements etc that you should take advantage of.