Accutane permanent cure?

Minimum "conventional" cumulative dose is 120mg/kg. Much lower chance of
needing another cycle starts around 150mg/kg. Some derms advocate going to 200mg/kg+ as long as sides are tolerable.
My bodyweight was a considerable factor there, for sure, but I think the derm wanted to be sure. I had pretty aggressive test bacne when I presented.

I need to figure out if ghkcu or snap-8 will be sufficient to keep me tight or if I gotta be on the dry-lip-red-face monster for some part of the year.

I was doing 40am ans 40pm. I was just going to go down to 20 x2 a day but now after trading this I might try60 x2 for a week or 2 and see how it goes.. I have ichy water eyes and neck pain. Been through so much chap stick.
I reccomend Dr. Dans Cortibalm, its got an active ingredient ,1% hydrocortisone. Its on a totally different level than any other chapstick I've tried
my last run with accutane I ended up dropping a ton of money to stash them all over my car and house so I didn't have to resort to using any regular chapstick because regular chapstick just didnt work, and I'd end up looking like I was wearing red lipstick my lips were so chapped.

My bodyweight was a considerable factor there, for sure, but I think the derm wanted to be sure. I had pretty aggressive test bacne when I presented.

I need to figure out if ghkcu or snap-8 will be sufficient to keep me tight or if I gotta be on the dry-lip-red-face monster for some part of the year.

Unfortunately back/chest/shoulder is the most resistant to treatment, often requiring the higher end of the dose range, I've been able to see the "purge" work its way around my body, first happening on my face, clearing up, then my stomach (weirdly never had acne there before), forehead, upper back, nose (incredible to see the effect of the sebaceous glands shrinking, making my nose visibly smaller), now it's happening on my chest and mid back.

To be clear, the "purge" has been mild, tiny breakouts that quickly cleared. Crazy on the nose though. Covered in tiny white strands from every pore like sandpaper as they shrink and squeeze out everything. No more blackheads, totally smooth nose.

The acutane road has been more than what I anticipated for myself.. I have been on 120mg aday for 2 or 3 weeks.. dropping down to 80 then 40 over then next few weeks and hopefully it will do the trick.. 120 has been hard..

The acutane road has been more than what I anticipated for myself.. I have been on 120mg aday for 2 or 3 weeks.. dropping down to 80 then 40 over then next few weeks and hopefully it will do the trick.. 120 has been hard..

Do you split dose? I find that helps a lot.

Do you split dose? I find that helps a lot.
Yes .. it just makes my neck achy drying inside of my nose out eyes burn and water.. dry lips.. still get a spot on my back about one a week but for the most part it's working well!! Just gotta hang in there!

Yes .. it just makes my neck achy drying inside of my nose out eyes burn and water.. dry lips.. still get a spot on my back about one a week but for the most part it's working well!! Just gotta hang in there!

"Bone pain" is listed as possible side effect. I thought "What the hell is 'bone pain'?".

When I started using higher doses, a spot on my femur I whacked into something years ago would ache for a little while, and I realized that's it, lol.

Wonder if you've got something going on with your neck it's bringing to light.

during my ramp up, i kept having weird things happening, and I'd look it up and sure enough, accutane symptom. The most jarring was walking around outside in 90 degree weather and shivering because I was so fucking cold. That stuff is wild.

*math skillz please don't fail me now*

So that'd be like a year at 40 mg per day. Worded that way, doesn't seem unreasonable.

Personally I want to keep it to 6 months or less. It interferes with Vit D absorption, so over a very long period could impact bone density. But there's very little research on this aspect, so it may be misplaced concern. I seem ok adjusting to higher and higher doses without issue. I "feel" it for a couple of days then it's fine. Dry lips are the main side effect, otherwise I could go higher than 120mg/day, but I don't want to finish too soon either. Quicker than 4-5 months seems to result in worse outcomes.

Last edited:
It interferes with Vit D absorption, so over a very long period court impact bone density.

Double-whammy for vitamin D in users combining MT2 and accutane. Get those levels checked.

Vitamin D injections are available if you're deficient and can't make any topically (bc MT2) or absorb it (bc accutane).