Accutane permanent cure?

Update. Accutane did not have permanent effect for me acne has returned.

Any idea what your cumulative dose has been? I'm going for 220mg/kg for max odds of permanent cure. Sides were tolerable to 180mg / day, or 2mg/kg, but had to back off after a week. Every side seemed to kick in at that level.

On month 5, and titrating down at this point. Not a moment too soon. Hurt my back and unfortunately isotretinoin can worsen back inflammation and pain according to rheumatologists (which resolves after you stop).

That said I've been totally clear since month two, and my skin has improved massively overall, even though some nights I shed a ton of skin. Flakes get on everything. Dry as a bone; but so exfoliated my skin shines.

Yeah even when it returns, usually takes a year+. The minimum time of an Accutane cycle is clearance + 2 months.
thats why people need to do it thru a dermatologist

most guys wanna take a low dose for long periods of time which is a waste of time

you wanna hit it hard and fast and get off that shit... not micro dose for long ass time

thats why people need to do it thru a dermatologist

most guys wanna take a low dose for long periods of time which is a waste of time

you wanna hit it hard and fast and get off that shit... not micro dose for long ass time

Low dose can work, but it needs such a long time, and you'll have some kind of side effects for the duration, better to go high and dry if you can handle it.

Start low, and if it's all good, up the dose for a week or two, if things are good, titrate up again. I was shocked how relatively easy it was to get to 100mg+/day. 220mg/kg cumulative is a near guarantee of permanent cure, but even 150mg/kg works for most.

It's cheap from India pharma, so make sure you have enough for 220mg/kg on hand. I ended up having to scramble with orders from multiple sources after delays, seizures etc. Get a mix of 10 and 40 and you can handle any protocol while keeping costs to a minimum.

I've read one or two 6 month courses of Accutane can permanently cure acne in a lot of cases.

Has this worked permanently for anyone with steroid induced acne?

I suspect a permanent cure isn't for the steroid induced type, but I'd like to know if it's worth a try given the nasty sides or just stick to Doxycycline, which is effective and no sides but temporary.
yes but 6 months is too low, you need the correct cumulative dosage, on a 20mg a day it's usually 1 year and a half close to 2 years
unless you do it as you are doing it but to me it's crazy, 20mg was already a pain in the ass, can't even think of 120mg or more lol

I have done the 20mg very long time and my wife as well, we are clear from acne, I get the occasional zit on the back or shoulder now but it's just a few and not the awful cystic acne.

Last edited:
yes but 6 months is too low, you need the correct cumulative dosage, on a 20mg a day it's usually 1 year and a half close to 2 years
unless you do it as you are doing it but to me it's crazy, 20mg was already a pain in the ass, can't even think of 120mg or more lol

I have done the 20mg very long time and my wife as well, we are clear from acne, I get the occasional zit on the back or shoulder now but it's just a few and not the awful cystic acne.

I'm already far down this road, in more research and personal use.

"Low dose" is the current trend, 10-20mg (vs the conventional .5-1mg/kg) a day, and seems effective at permanently curing moderate *facial* acne provided treatment continues 2 months post clearance, regardless of cumulative dose. Very attractive considering the horror stories regarding sides.

I started shortly after making that post with 10mg for a week; then 20mg. I experienced slight side effects, and digging deeper into the research "trunk" acne is a different beast altogether and always needs treatment at the higher range to be effective.

Since sides quickly faded away I keep increasing the dose. After a few "purges" not only was my skin clearer, it was getting better in other ways.

While the conventional protocol had 150mg/kg at the top of the cumulative dose range, some derms, primarily those not constrained by insurance limitations or cost, found going up to 220mg/kg produced the most durable results for trunk acne.

So I made my goal 220mg/kg, or roughly 20,000 mg total.

Since the sides were tolerable, and I did not want to be on this forever, following the advice of a concierge dermatologist regarding daily dose "As high as my patients can tolerate", I kept increasing to a peak of 180mg/day, as two divided doses. This is 2mg/kg day, the "absolute maximum daily dose",

This finally started making life difficult. and I backed down to 160mg. Since I injured a back muscle (accutane can increase inflammation in back injuries), I'm now down to 100mg/day, but still on track to finish next month, at 220mg/kg cumulative.

I've been very happy with the results. Not only ridding me of acne, improving the condition of my skin generally, and visibly shrinking my nose by a fairly significant amount.

Accutane cleared up my back better than I thought it would. But it took a whole year. I was doing anywhere from 20-60 a day depending on my sides.

Only thing I noticed is now my back is filled with white dots, they don’t hurt and aren’t pimples and they aren’t that big , I dunno what they are. But my back is filled with them.

Anyone ever get this or know what it is ?

Accutane cleared up my back better than I thought it would. But it took a whole year. I was doing anywhere from 20-60 a day depending on my sides.

Only thing I noticed is now my back is filled with white dots, they don’t hurt and aren’t pimples and they aren’t that big , I dunno what they are. But my back is filled with them.

Anyone ever get this or know what it is ?
Possibly herpes

you turn orange and now become a comedian ?

Cmon guy.

Most likely sebaceous filaments. They're actually the correct, healthy way your pores are supposed to rid themselves of excess keratin, oil, and dirt. The unhealthy way is forming acne from the same material.

I got them all over my nose, making it like sandpaper, but zero blackheads and pores squeezed down tight; instead of the gaping holes that developed after I started using AAS.

IMG_8987.webp

This is a sign the genes inside your pores have been successfully "reprogrammed" and cells are dividing correctly now, pushing sebum out onto the skin for moisturization.

Most likely sebaceous filaments. They're actually the correct, healthy way your pores are supposed to rid themselves of excess keratin, oil, and dirt. The unhealthy way is forming acne from the same material.

I got them all over my nose, making it like sandpaper, but zero blackheads and pores squeezed down tight; instead of the gaping holes that developed after I started using AAS.

View attachment 296536

This is a sign the genes inside your pores have been successfully "reprogrammed" and cells are dividing correctly now, pushing sebum out onto the skin for moisturization.
That ain’t what mine look like.

You know what a mosquito bite / spider bite looks like (when it’s white ). Mine r like that but very small and they aren’t raised.

That color white. Yes. But mine are not raised at all like that or nearly as big.

Well that's zoomed in pretty close.

All I can think of is early whiteheads. A salicylic acid acne body wash, and exfoliating scrubber cloth should help exfoliate and get rid of those.

Well that's zoomed in pretty close.

All I can think of is early whiteheads. A salicylic acid acne body wash, and exfoliating scrubber cloth should help exfoliate and get rid of those.
Okay.

What would make accutane get rid of all the pimples on my back but leave me with a million white heads. ?

Do you kno

Back