Accutane permanent cure?

Okay.

What would make accutane get rid of all the pimples on my back but leave me with a million white heads. ?

Do you kno

Sorry man have no idea what it is.

I know that acne is reported to return in 10-60% of users, depending on the study. But if it does return, it's usually much less severe than before. So maybe it's decided to come back as whiteheads instead of "comedomes", IE zits.

What was your protocol. and when did you stop?

Low dose can work, but it needs such a long time, and you'll have some kind of side effects for the duration, better to go high and dry if you can handle it.

Start low, and if it's all good, up the dose for a week or two, if things are good, titrate up again. I was shocked how relatively easy it was to get to 100mg+/day. 220mg/kg cumulative is a near guarantee of permanent cure, but even 150mg/kg works for most.

It's cheap from India pharma, so make sure you have enough for 220mg/kg on hand. I ended up having to scramble with orders from multiple sources after delays, seizures etc. Get a mix of 10 and 40 and you can handle any protocol while keeping costs to a minimum.
i go thru a dermatologist.. its $11 for 2 boxes of pharma grade accutane

How many pills, what dose?

20,000mg of pharma grade from India (accufine), is about $200.
Mind sharing your source?
From previous research on indian pharma it seems that underdosed compounds are the norm ,and I would prefer to not have to send it for testing as it would defeat the purpose of buying it cheap in this case.

Mind sharing your source?
From previous research on indian pharma it seems that underdosed compounds are the norm ,and I would prefer to not have to send it for testing as it would defeat the purpose of buying it cheap in this case.

90% of the isotretinoin I've been using on this cycle has been Accufine from Healing Pharma. There are a number of Jano tests out there of various strengths and they always show full potency. They are, of course, the proper oil filled gelcaps not UGl solid dry tabs.

They're available as 5,10,20,30, and 40mg.

The larger doses are less expensive(per mg) however. you want the flexibility to adjust your dose in small increments, especially at the beginning, so going all 40mg isn't a good idea. You also want to split into day/night dosing which helps minimize sides.

So if 220mg/kg was 20,000mg for example, I would go with:

20 strips(10 caps per strip) 40mg
20 strips 30mg
20 strips 20mg
20 strips 10mg

That way you can ease into it with 2x10mg a day for a week, then 2x20mg, then 2x30, 2x40, 2x40+10, 4x30 (ie 2x 30mg twice a day). until you get to 2g/kg max a day, if you can. These high doses are really what's required to knock out shoulder acne,, the hardest to rid.

Sides tend to worsen briefly when increasing dose then settle down so this incremental strategy makes it much easier to deal with than the big jumps usually involved with Dermatologist monthly visits.

Email PCT 24x7 for a price list, he's offering 15% off atm. Cosmic PCT (pricelist.cosmicpct (dotcom) has really good pricing as well, and is doing a buy 3 get 1 strip deal as of this posting.

They're both reliable but PCT24 is a sponsor here so if pricing is close would be good to give him your business.

By comparison, without insurance, using goodRX, the same regimen with generics would be around $2,000+probobly another $1k in derm visits.

PS: If cost is no concern, you could get Isotret NF, which absorbs more easily and not reliant on food, so the doses are reduced by 20% for the same efficacy. IE, 8mg=10mg. I make a point of taking the caps right after breakfast and after dinner, so it's been working. well for me with the regular types. Isotret NF is about double the cost.

Last edited:
90% of the isotretinoin I've been using on this cycle has been Accufine from Healing Pharma. There are a number of Jano tests out there of various strengths and they always show full potency. They are, of course, the proper oil filled gelcaps not UGl solid dry tabs.

They're available as 5,10,20,30, and 40mg.

The larger doses are less expensive(per mg) however. you want the flexibility to adjust your dose in small increments, especially at the beginning, so going all 40mg isn't a good idea. You also want to split into day/night dosing which helps minimize sides.

So if 220mg/kg was 20,000mg for example, I would go with:

20 strips(10 caps per strip) 40mg
20 strips 30mg
20 strips 20mg
20 strips 10mg

That way you can ease into it with 2x10mg a day for a week, then 2x20mg, then 2x30, 2x40, 2x40+10, 4x30 (ie 2x 30mg twice a day). until you get to 2g/kg max a day, if you can. These high doses are really what's required to knock out shoulder acne,, the hardest to rid.

Sides tend to worsen briefly when increasing dose then settle down so this incremental strategy makes it much easier to deal with than the big jumps usually involved with Dermatologist monthly visits.

Email PCT 24x7 for a price list, he's offering 15% off atm. Cosmic PCT (pricelist.cosmicpct (dotcom) has really good pricing as well, and is doing a buy 3 get 1 strip deal as of this posting.

They're both reliable but PCT24 is a sponsor here so if pricing is close would be good to give him your business.

By comparison, without insurance, using goodRX, the same regimen with generics would be around $2,000+probobly another $1k in derm visits.

PS: If cost is no concern, you could get Isotret NF, which absorbs more easily and not reliant on food, so the doses are reduced by 20% for the same efficacy. IE, 8mg=10mg. I make a point of taking the caps right after breakfast and after dinner, so it's been working. well for me with the regular types. Isotret NF is about double the cost.
Accufine from "healing pharmacy" is good ime, cheap enough too

Been taking 10-20mg Atleast 2-3 times a week when I remember definitely working. Using 5iu a day of gh too and it is working pretty good. You can see the difference in how the pimples were when I first started to now. Almost like the pores are shrinking and oil is getting sucked away/

@Ghoul Hi Ghoul, you said facial acne is easy to clear, what would be the dosage needed for facial acne that's not that severe? My first run of accutane I took 8000mg total and it came back 6 months later (was on 40/60/80/80/100). Now I'm taking it again, but can't decide on a dosage since 100mg per day is fucking me up and I don't wanna take it for 6 months like this. Could a lower dosage be viable?

@Ghoul Hi Ghoul, you said facial acne is easy to clear, what would be the dosage needed for facial acne that's not that severe? My first run of accutane I took 8000mg total and it came back 6 months later (was on 40/60/80/80/100). Now I'm taking it again, but can't decide on a dosage since 100mg per day is fucking me up and I don't wanna take it for 6 months like this. Could a lower dosage be viable?

From all the studies I've read, you need two factors for the best shot at a "permanent" cure. Cure meaning a complete absence of, or only minor outbreaks of very light acne.

Daily dose is not particularly relevant.

You need to hit a minimum of 150mg/kg for high chance of ending facial acne, minus the amount you took before. AND you need to take it daily for 2 months after clearance.

So if you're 100kg, that's 15,000, or 7,000 left for you. You'd likely need 2 months for clearance. than another 2 months post clearance. so 120 days total 7,000 / 120 = 60 mg a day. Now if you don't clear until say 3 months, 90 days x 60mg =5400, you've got 60 days post clearance to get the additional 1600. So you could drop to about 30mg a day. However, if 60mg is tolerable, staying at that dose for the 60 post clearance days, and going above the 150mg/kg would improve the odds of successfully being done with facial acne even more.

By completion of a second course over 90% never need acne treatment again.

From all the studies I've read, you need two factors for the best shot at a "permanent" cure. Cure meaning a complete absence of, or only minor outbreaks of very light acne.

Daily dose is not particularly relevant.

You need to hit a minimum of 150mg/kg for high chance of ending facial acne, minus the amount you took before. AND you need to take it daily for 2 months after clearance.

So if you're 100kg, that's 15,000, or 7,000 left for you. You'd likely need 2 months for clearance. than another 2 months post clearance. so 120 days total 7,000 / 120 = 60 mg a day. Now if you don't clear until say 3 months, 90 days x 60mg =5400, you've got 60 days post clearance to get the additional 1600. So you could drop to about 30mg a day. However, if 60mg is tolerable, staying at that dose for the 60 post clearance days, and giving above the 150mg/kg would improve the odds of successfully being done with facial acne even more.
The 8000mg round was last year from October though, can I still take 7000 for it to be done or from beginning 15k?, I do weigh 100kg.

The 8000mg round was last year from October though, can I still take 7000 for it to be done or from beginning 15k?, I do weigh 100kg.

Yeah you don't have to "start over" cumulative isotretinoin exposure is measured as a lifetime thing because most of the changes it makes are permanent. 220mg/kg is the golden number for 99.9%. Once you hit that if you still have acne there's something else very wrong with your skin.

However, continuing a daily dose of any strength for 60 days post clearance seems to play a part in success.

The only other caveat is if you weren't diligent about taking the med with fatty meals. It's suspected "failed cases" that supposedly hit 220mg/kg probobly didn't absorb enough because of failing to take with high fat meals. If that's you, you may want to boost the amount you're taking by a few thousand to make up for it.

If you think it's going to be a problem going forward, get Isotret NF instead and you won't need to concern yourself with taking it with meals.

Yeah you don't have to "start over" cumulative isotretinoin exposure is measured as a lifetime thing because most of the changes it makes are permanent. 220mg/kg is the golden number for 99.9%. Once you hit that if you still have acne there's something else very wrong with your skin.

However, continuing a daily dose of any strength for 60 days post clearance seems to play a part in success.

The only other caveat is if you weren't diligent about taking the med with fatty meals. It's suspected "failed cases" that supposedly hit 220mg/kg probobly didn't absorb enough because of failing to take with high fat meals. If that's you, you may want to boost the amount you're taking by a few thousand to make up for it.

If you think it's going to be a problem going forward, get Isotret NF instead and you won't need to concern yourself with taking it with meals.
Are you referring to Sotret NF?

Anywhere we can read up on the differences with the new formula as I can't find any info online. Thanks.

Had terrible acne on the back of my head,topical cortizones didnt do shit . Dr prescribed accutane . Started at 80mg took around one month to see results, followed a 6 month course and after 5 years I dont even get a single pimple on my body. Aside from dry lips that was fixed with a special lip ointment ,had zero side effects bloodwork wise or psychological . Best decision of my life.

Had terrible acne on the back of my head,topical cortizones didnt do shit . Dr prescribed accutane . Started at 80mg took around one month to see results, followed a 6 month course and after 5 years I dont even get a single pimple on my body. Aside from dry lips that was fixed with a special lip ointment ,had zero side effects bloodwork wise or psychological . Best decision of my life.

Seeing 100% clear back and shoulders for the first time in my life, along with many other improvements, makes me wish I'd tried it sooner. Started at 10mg/day, up to 160mg and sides were minimal. Lots of fear for nothing.

Back