• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Advice about what might have happened

william12

Hi
I've posted here before by the way.
I have been on TRT for years:
- Testim: lost some hair and my skin got irritated, upon stopping is my hair gradually grew back!!!
- Sustanon: emotional roller-coaster, unbearable mood swings.
Now I'm on Pregnyl 500ui twice a week and I have been taking it for about 8 months.
It "was" the best thing ever this time, i used it before but it didn't work at all and I know why now! I was on medications that messed up my endocrine system: high Prolactin for years and other things. Since stopping them my body gradually recovered: i lost 8 kilos, i look younger etc..
On hcg my testosterone level was 17(range in the uk 9 to 28 as far as i can remember ), the professor was amazed and wanted me to stay on it.
But when I knew that my testicles can produce adequate testosterine levels on the lowest hcg therapeutic level then I thought i stop to allow the Lh/fsh to work again and to be off all medications!
In theory i believe i was right but that didn't work out well.
After few weeks i felt really all the symptoms of rock-bottom low T, I restated the Hcg, but I seem to be getting worse, i increased the dose to 1000ui and I am even more tired and even ill.
I don't get it!!
Shall i stop or wait a bit longer?! My appointment is in 2 months time and i don't know what to do.

If you need TRT because you're secondary and you stop taking HCG, your LH/FSH might or might not come back to where it was when you first needed to be on TRT.

However, even if it comes back to your pre-HCG levels, that will not be enough. Geeez, man, that's why you went on TRT in the first place!

If you've had issues with HCG not working in the past, then I am not about to try and diagnose what the problem may be over the internet.

The MAIN thing I see is this:

You're ill? Then don't wait 2 months. Get to your doctor as soon as possible.

If you need TRT because you're secondary and you stop taking HCG, your LH/FSH might or might not come back to where it was when you first needed to be on TRT.

However, even if it comes back to your pre-HCG levels, that will not be enough. Geeez, man, that's why you went on TRT in the first place!

If you've had issues with HCG not working in the past, then I am not about to try and diagnose what the problem may be over the internet.

The MAIN thing I see is this:

You're ill? Then don't wait 2 months. Get to your doctor as soon as possible.

Thank you very much

Shall i stop or wait a bit longer?! My appointment is in 2 months time and i don't know what to do.

Oh I'd start by contacting your docs office for an earlier appointment OR go to his office as a walk in AS THE FIRST PATIENT on the checkin roster (and I do mean the FIRST PATIENT and if that necessitates you arrive BEFORE the opening secretarial staff so be it)) and be willing to wait.

Someone does as I am suggesting will only rarely be turned away IME. Fact is when a patient demonstrates that degree of concern and ambition I will make a point of seeing them FIRST.

Understand it's quite likely the only way to KNOW what accounts for the difference will require lab testing!

With regard to your question; either continue the HCG dose at the prescribed dosage OR discontinue it altogether.

Last edited:
Oh I'd start by contacting your docs office for an earlier appointment OR go to his office as a walk in AS THE FIRST PATIENT on the checkin roster (and I do mean the FIRST PATIENT and if that necessitates you arrive BEFORE the opening secretarial staff so be it)) and be willing to wait.

Someone does as I am suggesting will only rarely be turned away IME. Fact is when a patient demonstrates that degree of concern and ambition I will make a point of seeing them FIRST.

Understand it's quite likely the only way to KNOW what accounts for the difference will require lab testing!

With regard to your question; either continue the HCG dose at the prescribed dosage OR discontinue it altogether.
Thank you
I am back to the great shape, the Prof told me not to stop it again or change the dose, he told me that the continuous exposure to testosterone is the key to consistabt results, whether it's trt or as a result of HCG treatment.
When I asked him about the risk of desensitization after long term hcg usage, he told me basically that this is bullshit! He told me he has one patient on HCG monotherapy for secondary hypogonadism for 15 years and is still doing great.
Thank you guys
Tc