Anti-parasitics appear impossible to acquire thru normal medical channels...

antiparasitic drugs are regulated because they are extremely toxic, they are basically poisons... they are simply used at a dosage that's tolerated by the host but deadly to parasites.

sometimes u can find some lower dosages formulation sold otc, but will need a prescription for the higher dosage ones. kind of like dumb, because no one prevents a guy from taking 10 tablets at once, but well that's the law.

if u explain to ur doctor why u need them he will most certainly give u a prescription.
my doc also prescibes me the dewormer i use on my dog (cheaper than buying the vet equivalent).
Antiparasitics are not toxic, and for the most part, basically all of them are extremely safe to use, even in extreme doses.

in italy we don't have insurance, but we pay only a quota for prescription drugs, whilst otc drugs are paid in full, in this example for the vermox 500 (mebendazole 500mg), which is basically equivalent to lendue maxi (mebendazole 480mg) a veterinarian dewormer, which u can't get a prescription for, u will end up paying only about a quarter per package (package has fewer tablets, but it's still a lot cheaper than getting the vet equivalent).
If i were to buy the vermox 100 (mebendazole 100mg), which is an otc drug, not only i will pay full price (about the same price as the vermox 500, but with a fifth of the active ingredient, so will end up spending more than getting the lendue maxi) but because of the lower concentration i will also have to give my dog 10 tablets a day for 2 days (she's a good girl so i doubt she would complain, but that's torture...).

Same thing for other drugs, like some antibiotics or FANS.
A new rule they added recently is that u can no longer buy 1g tylenol online, but only 500mg, but u can still buy 1g tylenol in a local pharmacy (still otc).

As for the dewormers being available in 2 forms (OTC and prescription only) the reason is that in humans 100mg are effective to get rid of parasites in our GI, the higher dosages (500mg and up) are used to treat parasites in the liver or brain (cysticercosis).

In dogs you need higher dosages to begin with (30mg/kg bw), in practice I need to give my dog 2x 500mg tablets for 2 days (so 4 in total), going by weight, technically, she should need 2 and 1/4 but my vet always told me 2 are fine.
Thank you for the reply. So Italy huh? Cool. Could I ask you if folks over there were aware of Ivermectin during that nasty Covid peak you guys had and was it available just the same? Did docs encourage or discourage? Did they use it and did it work for anyone you knew.? I know that's off topic, but I am just wondering. One of the reasons I am wondering is I suspect anti-parasitics have been made off limits here is to prevent any advancement in public attention as a potential Covid mitigation..

Also I am wondering if you have any speculation as to how active the medical field where you live is in terms of parasite AWARENESS and mitigation and prescribing of these type meds. In short, is this issue actually on docs' radars over there?? or do you have to go out of your way to get that attention??

But over in the US its horse paste or bust.. Most people in the US trust the heath care and wont go to those lengths. Our healthcare system has total blinders on in terms of parasitic type insults. US docs THINK What they are TOLD TO THINK. And that is it!/ else you are encroaching on practice management and legal/insurance prerogative. We also tend to believe over here that parasites do not exist because we are so special.... LOL

You can hardly find Pyrantel Pamoate OTC in the stores. Walmart doesn't even carry it now at the local level. But I Do think you can buy it by the gallon on AMAZON. LOL. And if you DO happen to convince a doc that you might have a parasite going on, sure they will put you thru the scat inspection ringer. But the way I understand it //// is that due to the lifecycles of most "belligerent and common parasites", the odds in finding them in a scat sample are about 1 in 10 even if you are infected. I do wonder what specific blood work is available for various parasites, fungus, etc. And I even ponder going out to LabCorp site and looking up the codes to see how many exist. And also investigate any cross-concomitant lab codes that may indicate regardless of direct detection methods/results.. I just have not got that serious about it yet.

I Think my doc was prescribing me a 5 day run of Albendazole at 1600mgs/day as a protocol (dont quote me on that I could be wrong but it seemed like a high dose at the time). The retail price for that was $7,000.00 at the grocery store pharmacy. I think GOOD RX was down to a couple grand. And I got United Health Care to tell me it would have been 60bux IF they would have auth'd it... SO I am guessing they would have had to eat about 2k in coverage per script is the issue. And docs know better than to press these $BUTTON$. At the same time some instances medically necessitate 800 mgs at once and done. So its all over the board as you can see. I think a good hookworm or pork worm infection in the brain can go on for months of treatment though...

Its all interesting as we can walk into a Walmart and buy enough Tylenol to destroy 10 livers for about 10 bux... But not worm pill to be had...

Apologies so long apparently I like to gab too much.. :rolleyes: :)

Antiparasitics are not toxic, and for the most part, basically all of them are extremely safe to use, even in extreme doses.
Thats the one part I agree with you but I am unclear on your information pathway. The way I have interpreted it is that they are very difficult to get to uptake systemically even with fat, and gaining a 10% systemic efficacy at best. Which would be why they probably have a high Lethal dose rating. And so I assume that their primary mode of destruction is stopping them from reproducing at the GI tract - blood - lung level. And ultimately their life spans end???. or is that not right? And / OR /if the true efficacy is 10% is that all it takes at the brain? I kinda suspect they could stay in the brain indefinitely once there and not have to come up for air...

I can also tell you the last time I ran pyrantel twice in 3 days I felt like shit and kidney strain kinda sorta. But I think we agree a beer diet is not the best idea during this treatment...

While on the subject and side note// its amazing the way the body works and this is a perfect example as how the lungs and sinuses truly function almost like "3rd Kidneys" as they have a duty to expel undesirables and DIRECTLY FROM BLOOD CIRCULATION. And we are talking larger molecular structures I suspect that might not even make it thru kidneys... Or perhaps it hinges on the nature of the circulating offender.? This is why you never swallow back down what you cough or sniffle and so simple but we are all to Roman to see it, much less practice it...! So, IF TRUE, you can see this would be bad to put something back down the stomach that is of a nature that works the shit out of the liver and that the kidneys can't handle for whatever reason.. So nasty or of whatever nature that it actually gets offloaded at blood gas operative organs as a point of expulsion. But any doc you talk to would laugh hysterically at these notions.. Hell they wont even admit the skin can expel certain toxins...

BACK ON TRACK - I seem to recall you advising that these med do in fact uptake well, but I still have not see literature indicating much systemic uptake beyond 10%!?!? Did I misunderstand??

Last edited: