Any experience/insight into somalong (long acting GH analogue)

Sector

Interested in hearing experiences or insight into somalong/somapacitan

It also seems to have a few other names, so I'll post some studies

Seen K4L has some of this, but I can't really find many anecdotal reports on the compound. It seems like its a GH analogue, rather than actual GH. I was debating maybe stacking a low dose with exogenous GH but wanted to get some opinions/insight into the compounds if possible. It seems to be relatively new which is why I'm slightly hesistant, but it could be a good discussion to have for future reference

"Somapacitan is a new long-acting human GH (hGH) analogue that is administered once a week by subcutaneous injection. It was first approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as GH replacement therapy for adults with GHD, becoming the first hGH therapy for AGHD administered by once-weekly injection, compared with other approved hGH therapies for AGHD administered by daily injection. This article reviews the pharmacokinetic, clinical and safety data that led to the approval of somapacitan as the first long-acting GH therapy for adults with GHD."

"Context: Somatrogon is a long-acting recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) in development for once-weekly treatment of children with growth hormone deficiency (GHD).

Objective: We aimed to compare the efficacy and safety of once-weekly somatrogon with once-daily somatropin in prepubertal children with GHD.

Methods: In this 12-month, open-label, randomized, active-controlled, parallel-group, phase 3 study, participants were randomized 1:1 to receive once-weekly somatrogon (0.66 mg/kg/week) or once-daily somatropin (0.24 mg/kg/week) for 12 months. A total of 228 prepubertal children (boys aged 3-11 years, girls aged 3-10 years) with GHD, impaired height and height velocity (HV), and no prior rhGH treatment were randomized and 224 received ≥1 dose of study treatment (somatrogon: 109; somatropin: 115). The primary endpoint was annualized HV at month 12.

Results: HV at month 12 was 10.10 cm/year for somatrogon-treated subjects and 9.78 cm/year for somatropin-treated subjects, with a treatment difference (somatrogon-somatropin) of 0.33 (95% CI: -0.24, 0.89). The lower bound of the 2-sided 95% CI was higher than the prespecified noninferiority margin (-1.8 cm/year), demonstrating noninferiority of once-weekly somatrogon vs daily somatropin. HV at month 6 and change in height standard deviation score at months 6 and 12 were similar between both treatment groups. Both treatments were well tolerated, with a similar percentage of subjects experiencing mild to moderate treatment-emergent adverse events in both groups (somatrogon: 78.9%, somatropin: 79.1%).

Conclusion: The efficacy of once-weekly somatrogon was noninferior to once-daily somatropin, with similar safety and tolerability profiles."

Results: Data from the 12-month Phase 2 study showed comparable height velocity and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) values in weekly somatrogon-treated compared to daily Genotropin-treated subjects. In the OLE portion of the study, there were 214 AEs occurring in 44 subjects (91.7%). One subject was discontinued because of an SAE of exacerbation of thoracic scoliosis. The majority of AEs (68.8%) were mild in nature and were deemed not related to somatrogon. The most frequent AEs were upper respiratory infections (31.3%), rhinitis (18.8%) and bronchitis (10.4%). Twelve AEs (3%) related to somatrogon were of a similar nature and severity as reported for daily r-hGH products. Somatrogon treatment showed that IGF-1 and IGF-binding peptide-3 (IGFBP-3) levels were maintained within the normal range with ongoing somatrogon therapy. Low titers of anti-somatrogon antibodies were detected in 16 subjects but no neutralizing anti-somatrogon antibodies were identified. The growth rate remained within expected range in all subjects. Thirty-eight subjects (79%) are continuing in the fifth year of the OLE.

Conclusion: Somatrogon treatment demonstrated a favorable safety profile and local tolerability after four years of dosing in GHD pediatric subjects. The safety and tolerability from the OLE study were comparable to that observed in the 12-month main Phase 2 study and the reported safety profile of daily r-hGH. Serum IGF-1 SDS values were maintained within the normal range, and a growth rate comparable to that reported for daily hGH was observed.

Seems very efficient, but perhaps not as cost efficient as normal GH

I'm wondering if stacking them would have diminishing returns on whatever receptors are being hit?

Somewhere in this thread they talk about it (think it’s towards the end, don’t have time to look it up sorry). These are the guys who make what k4l sells. I’d be skeptical though. Whatever they’re selling isn’t like what’s been made by pharma, it’s some sort of long acting research peptide with no studies into it.

The k4l guy said someone was running both long and short(regular) hgh together and that seems interesting.

Somewhere in this thread they talk about it (think it’s towards the end, don’t have time to look it up sorry). These are the guys who make what k4l sells. I’d be skeptical though. Whatever they’re selling isn’t like what’s been made by pharma, it’s some sort of long acting research peptide with no studies into it.

The k4l guy said someone was running both long and short(regular) hgh together and that seems interesting.
Yeah I saw on SST someone was running both, and was going to post bloodwork. I just couldn't see the bloodwork attachments because I was too lazy to sign in. That's kind of what sparked my interest though.

I'll just stick to normal gh for now until there's more experience/data with the compound, but still it seems interesting having long estered GH essentially

seems like a bad idea if you care about natural production coming back.. the studies are in people who have none so it matter little.

anyway glad decided against it.

More CTS and insulin resistance would be my concern, plus it being more expensive and less researched than regular HGH. Really dont see the benefit for our population.

More CTS and insulin resistance would be my concern, plus it being more expensive and less researched than regular HGH. Really dont see the benefit for our population.
Yeah I think it's the lack of data that makes me hesistant. Will probably wait for more data to come out

Yeah I think it's the lack of data that makes me hesistant. Will probably wait for more data to come out

I'd be looking for more bodybuilder guinea pig feedback than studies on GHD kids.

I was following the OneQ thread for a while but they never really took off.

If some bodybuilders were reporting elevated IGF-1 and similar feedback to regular GH, and the long-acting analogues didn't cost so much, I'd be more interested for personal use. In the meantime, I'm fine with normie GH.

@Type-IIx GH analogues -- any insight?
I have written about several long acting GH formulations in Bolus. The title post refers to Somalong, which I've never heard of? Perhaps the author meant to refer to Somatrogon (MOD-4023)? I seriously doubt, given its sophisticated method of formulation, fusing rhGH (22 kDa GH) to 3 CTPs of hCG β-subunits (47.5 kDa), that there are grey market formulations? So, who cares?

There have, to my knowledge, been only a handful, 3 come to mind, of these formulations that have made it to market.

There's Jintrolong, a PEG-ylated GH formulation. This one's doing well I understand in the Asian marketplace. It's a 40-kDa PEGylation of 22 kDa GH (62 kDa).

There's Eutropin Plus (LB03002) that uses microparticles containing 22 kDa GH, dispersed in MCTs (22 kDa).

There was Nutropin Depot, that was removed from the market due to intolerable side effects. Probably because its duration of activity was 14 days, rather than the 7 that typify its preferably counterparts.

If I were to choose one, I'd use the Eutropin plus since it basically delivers a drug as uniform to that which is secreted by the anterior pituitary (22 kDa, same as rhGH) but with a longer biological half life. But attendant to all of these formulations must come the following disclaimer:

Noninferiority of these long-acting GH formulations in pilot trials, or inferred from clinical trials, for growth velocity (increasing the rate of stature during adolescence) does not mean noninferiority for bodybuilding applications (total body & muscle size, fat loss, recovery, sleep, etc). The reason there is so much market interest (investors, R&D) in these alternative (and expensive!) formulations is because of the abysmal rate of patients who need GH medically who straight up refuse to inject themselves every day. We're not the market, basically kids and dwarves are.

These drugs present a lot of unknowns with respect to side effects and efficacy at increasing IGF-I that we care most about. I would expect that conmen and frauds will be preying on people from our community hawking fake long-acting GH analogues though!

I have written about several long acting GH formulations in Bolus. The title post refers to Somalong, which I've never heard of? Perhaps the author meant to refer to Somatrogon (MOD-4023)? I seriously doubt, given its sophisticated method of formulation, fusing rhGH (22 kDa GH) to 3 CTPs of hCG β-subunits (47.5 kDa), that there are grey market formulations? So, who cares?

There have, to my knowledge, been only a handful, 3 come to mind, of these formulations that have made it to market.

There's Jintrolong, a PEG-ylated GH formulation. This one's doing well I understand in the Asian marketplace. It's a 40-kDa PEGylation of 22 kDa GH (62 kDa).

There's Eutropin Plus (LB03002) that uses microparticles containing 22 kDa GH, dispersed in MCTs (22 kDa).

There was Nutropin Depot, that was removed from the market due to intolerable side effects. Probably because its duration of activity was 14 days, rather than the 7 that typify its preferably counterparts.

If I were to choose one, I'd use the Eutropin plus since it basically delivers a drug as uniform to that which is secreted by the anterior pituitary (22 kDa, same as rhGH) but with a longer biological half life. But attendant to all of these formulations must come the following disclaimer:

Noninferiority of these long-acting GH formulations in pilot trials, or inferred from clinical trials, for growth velocity (increasing the rate of stature during adolescence) does not mean noninferiority for bodybuilding applications (total body & muscle size, fat loss, recovery, sleep, etc). The reason there is so much market interest (investors, R&D) in these alternative (and expensive!) formulations is because of the abysmal rate of patients who need GH medically who straight up refuse to inject themselves every day. We're not the market, basically kids and dwarves are.

These drugs present a lot of unknowns with respect to side effects and efficacy at increasing IGF-I that we care most about. I would expect that conmen and frauds will be preying on people from our community hawking fake long-acting GH analogues though!
I very much appreciate the depth and detail of the response. This was very helpful (even if some of the formulation and compound structure talk went over my head). Looks like I'll probably steer clear of it for now, And stick to the tried and true rhGH for the time being, until more data comes out on these analogues, and cost efficiency improves.

Thanks for taking the time to reply man!

Yes, I know that you can test it but usually no-one ask for this. At least I never seen

Yes, that's corret.
Somalong doesn't increase you endogenous GH, but some of molecules can be indicated as GH serum in blood test by immunohistochemistry method (not all of them but some %)

Here is jano test of long:
View attachment 270246

Here is blood tests:
View attachment 270248

View attachment 270249

And here is somalong molecule
View attachment 270250
120kDa weight and 5.9(6.0) mg/ml

CJC molecule:
Molecular Formula: C152H252N44O42
Molecular Weight: 3367.954

There is no any peptides like CJC or any other which is increase your own GH

I would expect that conmen and frauds will be preying on people from our community hawking fake long-acting GH analogues though!

Yeah, this isn’t pharma long acting gh but some sort of research chemical.