Apps/tools for bodybuilding

jj89

You guys use any apps or programs that make your life easier?

I'm really low tech so not sure what I'm missing, I use a pen and notepad to log my lifts and have my diet laid out in a text file.

Not really sure what the point of a food tracking app is, I already know ahead of time what I'm going to eat so not sure how that would help. Seems more like a casual lifter thing.

I like this one for tracking my weight, no fluff or anything just input weight, set a goal if you like. Tells you your weekly average gain or loss which helps big time on a bulk so I don't gain too quickly

Weight Tracker – Apps on Google Play

I use an app called strong to log my workouts. I set up each workout with the exercises, number of sets, weight and reps. It keeps track so I can see what I did last workout and try to beat it. It syncs to my Apple Watch so I don’t even have to take out my phone and it shows my heart rate and has a timer you can set for amount of time between sets

I use an app called strong to log my workouts.

I've been using this one for over a decade. There's no bullshit, it just logs workouts and has no extraneous features. I love it.

Worked great for me when I was doing more strength oriented stuff. These days, I'm a little less structure. I have a split that I hit, with a certain number of sets per body part that I take to 1-3RIR and generally take the last set to failure (if it's suitable to do so).

Start small, like a weekend and expand from there. I get it in today's worlds being unplugged is unimaginable, but I am looking forward to it once I retire. A cabin in the mountains with my dogs and not a soul in sight other that close family and that's a maybe.
Once you get that Well-known Member tag you’ll be in too deep.

You guys use any apps or programs that make your life easier?

I'm really low tech so not sure what I'm missing, I use a pen and notepad to log my lifts and have my diet laid out in a text file.

Pen and paper.
I hate messing around with the phone.
Waste too much time

Back