Apps/tools for bodybuilding

jj89

You guys use any apps or programs that make your life easier?

I'm really low tech so not sure what I'm missing, I use a pen and notepad to log my lifts and have my diet laid out in a text file.

Not really sure what the point of a food tracking app is, I already know ahead of time what I'm going to eat so not sure how that would help. Seems more like a casual lifter thing.

I like this one for tracking my weight, no fluff or anything just input weight, set a goal if you like. Tells you your weekly average gain or loss which helps big time on a bulk so I don't gain too quickly

Weight Tracker – Apps on Google Play

I use an app called strong to log my workouts. I set up each workout with the exercises, number of sets, weight and reps. It keeps track so I can see what I did last workout and try to beat it. It syncs to my Apple Watch so I don’t even have to take out my phone and it shows my heart rate and has a timer you can set for amount of time between sets

I use an app called strong to log my workouts.

I've been using this one for over a decade. There's no bullshit, it just logs workouts and has no extraneous features. I love it.

Worked great for me when I was doing more strength oriented stuff. These days, I'm a little less structure. I have a split that I hit, with a certain number of sets per body part that I take to 1-3RIR and generally take the last set to failure (if it's suitable to do so).

Start small, like a weekend and expand from there. I get it in today's worlds being unplugged is unimaginable, but I am looking forward to it once I retire. A cabin in the mountains with my dogs and not a soul in sight other that close family and that's a maybe.
Once you get that Well-known Member tag you’ll be in too deep.

You guys use any apps or programs that make your life easier?

I'm really low tech so not sure what I'm missing, I use a pen and notepad to log my lifts and have my diet laid out in a text file.

Pen and paper.
I hate messing around with the phone.
Waste too much time

Man if I could go back to having an old phone I would, it's just not possible.

You are good, don't change a thing.

I am really contemplating switching to a dumb phone, mp3 player and a notebook for the foreseeable future...

One of my coworkers, a scientist, is a new father & drives a legit mini-van. He refuses to get a smart phone. Flip phone only. Zero social media.

Seems like a good father & husband.

I said "good for you because there's no going back"

One of my coworkers, a scientist, is a new father & drives a legit mini-van. He refuses to get a smart phone. Flip phone only. Zero social media.

Seems like a good father & husband.

I said "good for you because there's no going back"
You are really going to drive me to that place ain't ya?

Retirement is soon, gonna have to slowly start making preperation for the journey ahead.

My dogs are gonna love it.

My family ain't.

Decisions decisions....

You are really going to drive me to that place ain't ya?

Retirement is soon, gonna have to slowly start making preperation for the journey ahead.

My dogs are gonna love it.

My family ain't.

Decisions decisions....
Just uninstall social medias and delete all accounts. Keep what's app and maybe telegram.

Just uninstall social medias and delete all accounts. Keep what's app and maybe telegram.
I don't have social in any official capacity, neither Whatsapp.

Telegram, Discord and Session.

My only online indulgence is MesoRx and PM and the later just for reading.

I don't have social in any official capacity, neither Whatsapp.

Telegram, Discord and Session.

My only online indulgence is MesoRx and PM and the later just for reading.
I deleted all the accounts i had on socials basically just Instagram and Facebook.
I kept only Telegram and Whatsapp to chat with my real life friends.

Since i deleted Instagram i can say that my life improved a ton....
Instagram was a drug for me, it was so easy to loose ton of time on it, even while training....

Some people will say that it will depend upon you, if using socials or not in a bad way, but i think that's not like that, those apps are made to let you stay on them for hours upon hours.

Back