• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Arm program

Fattyone

Anyone ever successfully used a program for bringing up lagging arms? Thinking about giving John Meadows arm training manual (6 weeks) a go.

I’ve shown through results I don’t really know enough to make my own program hat generates results, so looking for an actual proven program to run.

Either we don't understand each other, or I don't understand why it's a problem to find a coach, both online and in the gym?

Either we don't understand each other, or I don't understand why it's a problem to find a coach, both online and in the gym?
The coach he mentioned has is no longer with us, he passed away. That's what I was referencing when responding to you

I did have a coach (well respected member on here) for a brief time. I’m trying to go it alone for a bit due to financial reasons. He wasn’t expensive, but I just got engaged, on a bad ass trip out west, now I’m getting married on the other side of the country in March, and honeymooning God knows where, as well as prepping to buy a house at the first of the year. To say I need another bill like I need a hole in my head is an understatement.

That’s why I’m looking for a program though, don’t want to just wing it but don’t want to put for personalized stuff currently.

I did have a coach (well respected member on here) for a brief time. I’m trying to go it alone for a bit due to financial reasons. He wasn’t expensive, but I just got engaged, on a bad ass trip out west, now I’m getting married on the other side of the country in March, and honeymooning God knows where, as well as prepping to buy a house at the first of the year. To say I need another bill like I need a hole in my head is an understatement.

That’s why I’m looking for a program though, don’t want to just wing it but don’t want to put for personalized stuff currently.
Train arms at the start of your workout before other muscle groups.

Pick 2-3 exercises each, a TOTAL of 3-6 working sets max for biceps and a TOTAL of 3-6 working sets max triceps

Use extreme intensity, slow controlled reps with a hard contraction

Here's something for you to try
Start of pull day
Cable bicep curl 2x10-15
Seated Incline db curl with fat gripz 2x10-15
Alternating hammer curls with fatgripz 1x25-30

Start of push day
Cable cross push down/extensions 2x10-15
Close grip incline bench press 1x8-10, 1x10-15
Dips 1x6-8, 1x10-15

Train arms at the start of your workout before other muscle groups.

Pick 2-3 exercises each, a TOTAL of 3-6 working sets max for biceps and a TOTAL of 3-6 working sets max triceps

Use extreme intensity, slow controlled reps with a hard contraction

Here's something for you to try
Start of pull day
Cable bicep curl 2x10-15
Seated Incline db curl with fat gripz 2x10-15
Alternating hammer curls with fatgripz 1x25-30

Start of push day
Cable cross push down/extensions 2x10-15
Close grip incline bench press 1x8-10, 1x10-15
Dips 1x6-8, 1x10-15

I’ve tried that with minimal success. I’ve also tried adding a dedicated arm day while including my normal arm stuff, tried doing biceps on push days and triceps on pull days as well. Tried high rep pump work, “heavy” isolation stuff, and who knows what else.

I do know my recovery sucks. So that’s one of the reasons I’m wanting to try a dedicated arm program to see if all recoverability going to arms will help.

I’ve tried that with minimal success. I’ve also tried adding a dedicated arm day while including my normal arm stuff, tried doing biceps on push days and triceps on pull days as well. Tried high rep pump work, “heavy” isolation stuff, and who knows what else.

I do know my recovery sucks. So that’s one of the reasons I’m wanting to try a dedicated arm program to see if all recoverability going to arms will help.
If that's the case you need to focus on diet, sleep and intensity. Decrease intensity and volume across other muscle groups

If recovery sucks and arms are a priority
Increase recovery

Aka move food, more sleep, more rest days, less stress

Decrease total recovery demands on non priority muscle groups aka less work on everything but arms

If recovery sucks and arms are a priority
Increase recovery

Aka move food, more sleep, more rest days, less stress

Decrease total recovery demands on non priority muscle groups aka less work on everything but arms

Rest days have increased dramatically. Cut caffeine way back, done all o can with sleep. Diet is fine. I don’t have any problems growing anything else, just arms. That’s the only thing I seem to not be able to change even a little bit.

Currently 215 6’ waking up with a soft 6 pack, quad vascularity and have 16” arms..

Edit* 16” arms that don’t even look good.

Rest days have increased dramatically. Cut caffeine way back, done all o can with sleep. Diet is fine. I don’t have any problems growing anything else, just arms. That’s the only thing I seem to not be able to change even a little bit.

Currently 215 6’ waking up with a soft 6 pack, quad vascularity and have 16” arms..

Edit* 16” arms that don’t even look good.
Ok I listed a few things, you said sleep and diet are good, last factor would be reduce training load on the other muscle groups. And prioritize arms

16" arms, assuming you mean upper arms, yes you want to bring those up

Diet is solid, sleep is as good as it’s gonna get.

16” upper arm flexed unfortunately.

Guess I’m gonna run that program when I’m done with my current one and go from there.

Diet is solid, sleep is as good as it’s gonna get.

16” upper arm flexed unfortunately.

Guess I’m gonna run that program when I’m done with my current one and go from there.
They key is INTENSITY, not volume. Doing 3 sets each of 4 exercises is not as beneficial as absolutely demolishing your biceps with a couple blood and guts heart and soul sets

They key is INTENSITY, not volume. Doing 3 sets each of 4 exercises is not as beneficial as absolutely demolishing your biceps with a couple blood and guts heart and soul sets
Assuming both Bis and Tris, I would say this might work, but before doing that, do an insane number of reps with each arm until your arms feel like they're about to fall off.

Bis: 40-50 concentration curls
Tris: 40-50 single arm push downs

Then like Evom1 said, do a few sets for bis and tris, at your max (barbell curl - skull crushers)

Then,
repeat the above, with different exercises.

Your arms will definitely grow.

One thing about arms is that condition almost makes more of an illusion of size than size itself sometimes. My arms were hitting about 18” or so about 22 years ago, they MIGHT BE 18” now, but it’s a whole different look than the newbie 18” arms I once had. The key for me was to switch to higher reps and harder contractions as soon as that initial mass was acquired. As in, learn to recognize when heavier weights come to a halt and you’re simply heaving the shit and change the approach. Not saying cheat curls and heavy weights don’t have their place, but you can’t train like that forever