Ass to grass vs. Parallel squats

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by tubesox, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Yes and no. There's going to be a trade off here but not necessarily bad. Sheiko uses low intensity and high volumes for several reasons but one is so form is ingrained in you. Form with a SSB is going to be slightly different than with a normal Olympic bar. At the very least I would run the full peaking block with a normal bar if you had a meet coming up. For a mock meet just do what you feel is best.

brutus79 likes this.
  2. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Is 31 the full peaking block? Or 32?

3. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

4. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Should I start a week or two away from 32? It goes for maxes day 2... oly bar just fucking tears my elbow apart.

5. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Na no need to if it hurts that bad and you're not competing.

6. lunk666

lunk666 Member

You could just hang from a band. The band saves money and space and is more effective in my opinion.

7. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

The band is harder to do by yourself and without a mono.

8. lunk666

lunk666 Member

Im a larger person and I do it in a door way at my home. I use a black band a grey , and a light band. I hang the bands from one of those cheap pull-up things. I put a foot on the sink counter and roll back and forth into the bands until they are at my waist then I flip upside down and run threw some release moves and other movements. It's very easy once you get the hang of it. It is nicer to do it in the mono where someone can jack it up for you and help by pulling the band back. In a pinch the doorway works for me. Have you ever been to a Sheiko seminar?

9. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

I ripped apart the door frame trying to use a pull up bar on it so I'm not gonna try inversion on it after that experience lol. I'm only ~200-210lbs also. When I'm at coach's gym we use the mono with blue band. I jus bought a silver band from rogue that's good for 200lbs resistance. Did it at my gym today for the first time on this big contraption thing for pullups and shit. Stepped up on a plyo box and inverted pretty easily.

I have not been to a Sheiko seminar but my coach and training partner did. They had one at their gym. I couldn't justify the $800 I think it was to attend.

10. lunk666

lunk666 Member

Pricey yes. I was going to go to one at TPS in Everett MA. Im into body building now but I still enjoy the info just in case I want to switch. We have great lifters in the US, but its seems the Russians have been ahead of us always. I know a few guys who went to the seminar and said it was great. I have a pretty tough door frame and trim package set up so at my weight there are no issues. The black band is the toughest. Without a few bands I hit the ground and I dont like the traction I get from touching.

11. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

TPS is an awesome gym. The heaviest band at Rogue was the silver. Used it today and it's perfect for my weight.

lunk666 likes this.