August 2024 show prep log

Update on cycle.
Cutting test in half, adding t3, increasing tren by 25mg, and mast by 50mg.
No carbs except breakfast pre/intra/post workout.

Back 428A30D0-114A-42B0-B5CF-24B8E2FD3398.jpeg

Wow, you weren’t kidding about people not returning equipment lol
I wanted to do run the rack lateral raises last week. I gave up as soon as I saw this and went to do it on a machine.

Every time I need plates it’s like a fucking Easter egg hunt

5FACC306-F63D-4542-BA7A-A6C4F2FA7068.jpeg

Is the owner trying to do anything about it?

In my gym, a bunch of kids signed up, and next thing I know all the barbells are out of order (but they were at least racked). I put them all back in order. Next time I came in, they were all out of order again. I put them all back in order. This was repeated a few times until finally everybody else, new kids included, started putting them back where they go, 50 after 40 but before 60, lol. Now every time I go over to grab a barbell, it is right where I expect it to be.

The owner has large signs telling members to rerack their weights all over the mirrors so the kids can't miss it when taking mirror selfies.

Is the owner trying to do anything about it?

In my gym, a bunch of kids signed up, and next thing I know all the barbells are out of order (but they were at least racked). I put them all back in order. Next time I came in, they were all out of order again. I put them all back in order. This was repeated a few times until finally everybody else, new kids included, started putting them back where they go, 50 after 40 but before 60, lol. Now every time I go over to grab a barbell, it is right where I expect it to be.

The owner has large signs telling members to rerack their weights all over the mirrors so the kids can't miss it when taking mirror selfies.
owner of the gym has signs and so on, but doesn’t actually live in this city, will just come by when there are shows/ he is prepping some athletes and so forth. Don’t think he could do much even if he was constantly there though. There is also a group chat with all memebers where management constantly reminds people to put them back. It’s impossible just due to the culture in this country. Only small powerlifting gyms that strictly enforce putting plates back develop that culture have any luck with it. If there are even any recreational gym users it’s over lol

Makes sense.

Is bodybuilding different there? Getting food? Steroids? Is there a bodybuilding subculture like in the US or Europe?

Looks like a decently serious gym.

Do they have shows in China, or are you going to compete in another country?

Makes sense.

Is bodybuilding different there? Getting food? Steroids? Is there a bodybuilding subculture like in the US or Europe?
Food is more annoying. I can’t get things like turkey, and after 2 years finally found asparagus. Steroids are legal and easy to come by. I have even talked to my doctor about taking tren after reviewing blood work and he even has suggested how long it should take to get liver values in line. There is a body building subculture. Where I live it is the biggest in the country, but they are less risk averse and can be aggressive with steroids even for first cycles. A lot less fake natties due to legality, and no stigma around hormone use. I can literally get hormones delivered to my home from pharmacies without a prescription with the app that is basically like Uber eats. Body builders here are usually very nice, helpful and just love body building so there is a nice sense of community. Everybody helps each other. I have nothing but good things to say about Chinese body builders that I have met.
Looks like a decently serious gym.
The owner preps a lot of pros,and has some Olympia athletes in his stable if I recall correctly.
He’s also involved in the show circuit, and the guys there actually got me serious about giving competition a shot. Some of the guys will ask to help take check ins for me, or how many weeks out and we chat about different body building topics. There are a few pros training there, and the stair stepper has a sticker that says it has made 3 hahaha.
Do they have shows in China, or are you going to compete in another country?
Yes they have shows here. I think through the country they have maybe 20 IFBB affiliated shows and several pro qualifiers including a China amateur Olympia. They have pro shows too, but no open pro shows. People here don’t get big enough and nobody wants to come here because it’s a pain for visa, food and culture. Also no 212. Pro shows are Only women’s, MP, Classic. Their MP is developing rapidly, and classic has some amazing amateurs but they tend to fizzle out in the pros due to structure, and perhaps holes in coaching at that level, except for some stand outs that make it to the O. One foreign athlete living here came 2nd or 3rd at men’s physique Dubai pro as well, so the standards here are improving.
A couple weeks ago I handled some athletes at a show for the first time. During their prep I gave some diet advice, and helped with posing. One did MP, so I could only help with back poses as I don’t know MP routine, and another classic competitor that is our friend did his coaching. For the posing he hired an MP pro at the gym to help (who would then be a judge at the competition). one doing classic I was giving posing instruction through his prep, during check ins and backstage until right before going on stage in a regional show and helping with his routine. They both got china amateur Olympia qualifications, it was their first time on stage.

Last edited: