Band shirts. Yea or nah for men in 40s?

But, if you want to get laid... dress accordingly.

Can't put everyone under the same tent bro. But, this is where I don't give an F what people think. You can think I have CC debt all day if it makes you feel better.

Here I kind of agree. But, that guy working 60 hours may find that challenging and rewarding, right? He might not be blowing his boss all day, but blowing away his opp... and enjoying it. Why do we keep going to the gym, diet, and put the time to learn more?

Some people love their job, some people love the gym, some people love grunge-ass rocker shirts. I say do what you want. Just keep in mind the poon factor.
We are generally in agreement on these points. Clearly this all shifts a little bit with where we stand in our lives. I'm semi-retired in my 40's with a family so the poon factor is a solved problem (more or less :)). I've been through a fashion phase of my own and have a closet full of fancy clothes, shoes and watches I never wear anymore. That stuff used to feel important, and maybe it was at the time.

I think the older you get the more judicious you need to be with your choice of bands. You’ll never be too old to rock a Streetcleaner shirt however

I think the older you get the more judicious you need to be with your choice of bands. You’ll never be too old to rock a Streetcleaner shirt
Currently people would think you would think you'd listen to Jelly Roll instead of Mercyful Fate. In my opinion Fate is drastically superior regardless of what's trendy now

Honestly i'm passed that stage. I'm 36 now and only wearing 2-3 band shirts and the heaviest is this godless endeavor from Nevermore. No way i'd wear None so vile from Cryptopsy or any Morbid Angel etc. I'm in a point i don't like to draw THAT much attention, even muscles wise i never go to grocery store with tank top etc. Already many guys staring like creeps, there's no need to feed the trolls. Of course it's their problem and not mine (or yours) i just prefer to be looked for other reasons than looking extra jacked in tank top or like i'm a satan admirer. It was fun when i was 20 but now i'm not into it. I'd wear this "heavy" clothing when going to a festival or in a metal pub or smt. Just my personal pov, not judging anyone.
Wore my tanktop to the grocery store the other day and yeah I see what your talking about, now that I paid attention. BUT there's no way I can let complete strangers dictate what I wear in public. It was hot as balls outside!
I'm sure Arnie work tank tops running errands and gave no fucks. That's the masculine way to be

Wore my tanktop to the grocery store the other day and yeah I see what your talking about, now that I paid attention. BUT there's no way I can let complete strangers dictate what I wear in public. It was hot as balls outside!
I'm sure Arnie work tank tops running errands and gave no fucks. That's the masculine way to be

It all depends on what kind of impression you wanna make dude. Arnold was walking outside half naked and people looked in awe because they haven't seen yet anything like that, people stood in line to grope him lol. 50 years later and common thinking if you look swole in a stringer is probably you're a steroid junkie and a macho who's dealing with rage issues. And to be honest there's some truth to that due to numerous cases which sadly forced average people to think like that.

Again, you might not give a $hit about what their tiny little brains think and good for you, of course i'm not judging or smt and i'm happy for you if that's the way you feel the best. I'm just not like that but i'm not the opposite side too where i seek for people praise me or $hit. I just want to keep a low(er) profile because that's what make me feel comfortable.

If you're swole you could still look swole in a t-shirt, or a shirt or even a hoodie. And about heating temps i know what you mean, in my country we're hovering at 100* for almost 2 months now. Wearing a oversize white t-shirt is way better than a stringer.

Bodbuilding and lifting in general is my passion, i do it mostly for me (same goes for metal music and being a musician). If i was a nascar driver i wouldn't walk outside with my racing suit. I wouldn't hide from it nor i "advertise" it.

I recently saw some videos of John Jewett in public after his win and enjoying some dinners and stuff, he's always covered almost till the forearms. He's wearing oversized clothes but still you can clearly see that guy is a monster. I guess if he went out with his arms fully exposed or in a tightfit t-shirt i guess most of the gen pop would stare and make these creepy faces.

That's just my personal view of things, i don't believe there's a right or wrong way to dress when in public. Just what kind of impression you're trying to make. Peace \m/

It all depends on what kind of impression you wanna make dude. Arnold was walking outside half naked and people looked in awe because they haven't seen yet anything like that, people stood in line to grope him lol. 50 years later and common thinking if you look swole in a stringer is probably you're a steroid junkie and a macho who's dealing with rage issues. And to be honest there's some truth to that due to numerous cases which sadly forced average people to think like that.

Again, you might not give a $hit about what their tiny little brains think and good for you, of course i'm not judging or smt and i'm happy for you if that's the way you feel the best. I'm just not like that but i'm not the opposite side too where i seek for people praise me or $hit. I just want to keep a low(er) profile because that's what make me feel comfortable.

If you're swole you could still look swole in a t-shirt, or a shirt or even a hoodie. And about heating temps i know what you mean, in my country we're hovering at 100* for almost 2 months now. Wearing a oversize white t-shirt is way better than a stringer.

Bodbuilding and lifting in general is my passion, i do it mostly for me (same goes for metal music and being a musician). If i was a nascar driver i wouldn't walk outside with my racing suit. I wouldn't hide from it nor i "advertise" it.

I recently saw some videos of John Jewett in public after his win and enjoying some dinners and stuff, he's always covered almost till the forearms. He's wearing oversized clothes but still you can clearly see that guy is a monster. I guess if he went out with his arms fully exposed or in a tightfit t-shirt i guess most of the gen pop would stare and make these creepy faces.

That's just my personal view of things, i don't believe there's a right or wrong way to dress when in public. Just what kind of impression you're trying to make. Peace \m/

If someone really doesn't give a damn about what people think, they wouldn't even notice them.
Obviously, he (OP) does and I also think revels in the attention, good or bad.
Agree with you, Eddie.
One should dress in whichever way makes them feel comfortable but one that is also appropriate to circumstances/environment.
Arnie and his tank tops didn't give two f* , he says, and that is the masculine way to be.
In that case, I don't see a lot of alpha, here.

Sponsors

Latest posts