Bench Press

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by mghoward74, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Herder

Herder Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Thanks, i just get nervous about over working body parts. Although this should not be an issue while running gear.

mghoward74 likes this.
  2. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Creating a program on your own which is 98% of us who do not have the expertise to accurately incorporate and regulate intensity, deloads and workload will put you in the hole. No matter how much gear your running. That includes me. It is IDEAL to work up with increased frequency for all bodyparts. Working each body part 2-3 times per week is fine. Keeping muscle protein synthesis rolling and keep the food coming. Maintain a regular, predictable deload period to account for fatigue. You will make unbelievable gains.
    There are numerous programs written up that address all these factors

3. Herder

I
    Thanks trucker thats some great advice. Im going to look at some of those programs.

mghoward74 likes this.
  4. Herder

5. gr8whitetrukker

I did too. Its a far cry from the bro bullshit everyone does at the gym isnt it?
    Im only 8 months on the DUP dual factor routine. Just switched to Layne Nortons PHAT routine. Both use the same principles. Very very awesome stuff man. I said it before. I wasted too much time on bodypart split training over the years

Do3Gs likes this.
  6. Herder

How long are your workouts taking you while doing the PHAT routine? Are you incorporatinf cardio?

7. gr8whitetrukker

No cardio.
    Only 1st week in on the PHAT. Havent completed a cycle yet. The hypertrophy days are quick. 90 second rest between turns and high(er) rep range means less intensity. I did that in about an hour. 24 sets

The strength days are brutal. Higher intensity(3-5 rep range) and an awful lot of work too be done. At least 3 minutes between sets. I struggle with 2 hours

benchyourmom likes this.
  8. Herder

I
    I will have to take some time and write this all out. Typically i work out before work starting at 445 and hitting the shower by 615. I think I can find time for those 2 plus hour strength days. Ive been running more or less the same routine for about 20 years. Start light do high reps and work up to heavy and do low reps. This hinders my ability to gain strength because I am burning out on my early sets.

9. You are wrong and I will just end this silliness at that.

As for the others here I encourage them to do some research on this topic, it could possibly spare them unnecessary injuries in the future.

mghoward74 likes this.
  10. benchyourmom

benchyourmom Member

Everyone is different. I hurt myself benching flared elbows. I've always used a narrow almost close grip to maximize chest and lat involvement. I have bad shoulders they're my problem area from baseball when I was young. I don't pin elbows in but a 45° works best for me, anything farther and it pinches nerves in my right shoulder.

11. gr8whitetrukker

You post nothing of significance
    Except a cover all statement
    *you will get hurt benching with flared elbows*
    YOU ARE WRONG
    This statement is absurdly wrong and you are an ignorant fool

12. I like your irrational personal attacks, keep them coming. Every time you post your silly hateful aggression it makes me smile. Thanks.

13. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I'm 34. I've been in the gym since I turned 14. 3 months ago I changed my benching form from flared to PL positioning. I guess i must be an outlier as well seeing how I've never been hurt under a bench. Ever.

14. gr8whitetrukker

Then post some thing of some significance
    Stupidity bothers me.
    Worse? Stupidity compounded by ignorance. Backed up by nothing except a blanket cover all statement.

MindlessWork likes this.
  15. gr8whitetrukker

You are not an outlier.
    Ego hurts ppl under bench. Plain and simple

peteyvodka, MindlessWork and ickyrica like this.
  16. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Whine much? Guys like Trukker are much wiser than you and you are talking DOWN to them, and naturally they will bite back. So if you got something good to share then post it, otherwise shut it.

You only been here since Tuesday, and you should really be learning how Meso rolls before you start attacking people here.

17. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I read dudes intro thread. He has blown out shoulders, assuming from improper benching. would explain the blind hate for specific positions under the bar...

18. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Sloppy form + ego + really heavy weight = disaster.

gr8whitetrukker and Eman like this.
  19. He is your "friend" I like how you defend his non scientific opinions.