Bench Press

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by mghoward74, Aug 18, 2016.

1. liftingbeforeitwascool

liftingbeforeitwascool Junior Member

That was flat bench.I started doing incline before flat bench during my workouts.I know incline is better for building that upper chest.However I like doing flat first so I can go heavy.You got some solid lifts on incline for sure.

mghoward74 likes this.
  2. Cownan

Cownan Member

Reading through all this flare or no flaare im going to disagree that causes issues from experience. Ive benched up to 550 raw using flared elbows. Ive done 50+ reps with 225 with flared elbows and Ive never had an issue in the 20 years of lifting. As for gym time I thoroughly believe any good lifter can get maximal efficiency out of 60-80min tops in the gym if they train hard and stay off the cellphone

As to Layne Norton he is a smart man. I love his videos. I never seen that PHAT program tho so will check it out. Always interested in new lifting programs

3. Herder

Herder Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I just started phat, and love it. Its a nice change from the traditional bro split I was doing.

mghoward74 likes this.
  4. johntt44

johntt44 Member

If you use too much weight you're going to hurt your shoulders flared or not. Just train smart and be patient. Most people who bench 405+ have been lifting quite a while.

mghoward74 likes this.
  5. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Your presence here wouldnt be as bad if i didnt see you selling your soul everywhere for another lick of nordics dirty ass hole. I look at your profile page and your pushing shit there too! What the hell are you doing here? You should know by now it is customary at meso to bring the roaches out in to the light. May i have the pleasure?

Geterdun, Cownan and MindlessWork like this.
  6. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Do it. Time to bring out the roach spray!

7. Cownan

Cownan Member

Sure man. Doesnt bother me lol. Im only running nordic now but I am also using Anavar from Newport which is a very nice addition. Ill be around long enough that youll see im no shill as next cycle Ill be using bits and pieces of other labs. Each one has some things I like better than others. So whatever. Spray away. No roaches here my friend

8. I hit 225x50 with perfect form, and hit 565 for one in the gym. I did have issues because I used flared elbows. What is worse is my lifts would have been higher if I had been smart and safe and did not use the dangerous flared elbows technique.

mghoward74 likes this.
  9. Cownan

Cownan Member

I will agree its all about proper form. It just differs in variation by the persons body type. Some people can perform lifts on way and others another way with both being proper form

jaymaximus likes this.
  10. mghoward74

mghoward74 Member

Last week

Somehow was able to do 385 for 8, but I think my spotter was messing with me. Fake weights or magical spot!:D

Don't think I can get that for 8 reps...lol. Chest & back today, so we'll see if it was a fluke.

Haha

Respectfully

MindlessWork, peteyvodka and Seven like this.
  11. Cownan

Cownan Member

Rule of thumb when working out. Ignorance is bliss. Just turn that brain off and do it. If you think too much then youve lost the battle. Its amazing what people can do if they just go for it

12. Casto

Casto Junior Member

Natty I'm up to 275x4 at 5'6" 185lbs as of this past week. I'll be hitting 315 in not time at my current rate

mghoward74 and Cownan like this.
  13. Boxsquatter

Boxsquatter Member

First time I broke 500 I had to tuck my Stiffy before I stood up

Docd187123 and ickyrica like this.
  14. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

If i ever hit 500 I'm immediately standing up and showing my stiffy to the masses!!!

15. Seven

Seven Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

@mghoward74 where you at? Update??

I'll update. Lol

Week 7 of PHAT

335x5 After Pendlay's 250x5x3, pull ups BW+35x7x2, pull downs #12x10x2.

1st set 5, 2nd set 5, 3rd set 4.