Best ped for anti-aging ..

I use Spermadine instead of Rapamycin. It's achieving the exact same thing, but to me the risk of gut dysbiosis with rapa is too much.

Our gut microbiome is so incredibly important. I don't want to regularly nuke it with an antibiotic.

Spermadine achieves the same exact autophagy goal, you just gotta dose it right.

I take 32mg Spermadine Trihydrochloride and another 10mg from a high end wheat germ extract daily.

I use Spermadine instead of Rapamycin. It's achieving the exact same thing, but to me the risk of gut dysbiosis with rapa is too much.

Our gut microbiome is so incredibly important. I don't want to regularly nuke it with an antibiotic.

Spermadine achieves the same exact autophagy goal, you just gotta dose it right.

I take 32mg Spermadine Trihydrochloride and another 10mg from a high end wheat germ extract daily.
uh? I didnt know it had strong antibiotic properties... perhaps not super wide spectrum or just kills "bad" fungi/bacteria... ya not ideal to kill ur gut for months on end..

uh? I didnt know it had strong antibiotic properties... perhaps not super wide spectrum or just kills "bad" fungi/bacteria... ya not ideal to kill ur gut for months on end..
Rapamycin is literally an antibiotic, lol. Same family as vancomycin, daptomycin, clindamycin, etc. And it is.pretry potent on your gut flora. Some antibiotics are worse off than other for your gut. Doxycycline for example is minimal. Amoxicillin or any mycins absolutely nuke gut flora. Vanco and dapto are specifically used for SIBO and c. Diff gut infections because they work so well there, and they're the closest cousins to Rapamycin.

We give it during organ transplants to prevent rebound infection. That's it's actual medical use as of now, even though it's being studied for longevity.

But like I said, I'll just roll with the autophagy agent that doesn't nuke my microbiome once a week, lol.

Last edited:
I thought its more so to prevent rejection not infection. I mean first time I heard the name thought was antibiotic but its not "used" as one at least on quick google search.. not disagreeing just interesting, haven't looked into it just longevity folks talk about it..

I’ve been taking 5mg Rapamycin per week for three years. Hoping it translates to humans as well so I didnt waste my money/time. Hard to say if I notice anything subjectively.
I haven't noticed anything either. Neither good or bad. I don't know how long I'll continue using it. After two years of use, I am growing skeptical.

I haven't noticed anything either. Neither good or bad. I don't know how long I'll continue using it. After two years of use, I am growing skeptical.
The problem here is that you are looking to notice something. The idea of longevity supplements/drugs is to take them forever and live far longer than you otherwise would have if you don't take them.

Last edited:

You won't "feel," senescent cell autophagy, you just age slower.

Using senolytic flushes to clear them, you definitely feel, but just balancing cell death homeostasis won't come with an overt "I feel better."

Rapamycin is a nonantibiotic macrolide. It is antifungal, anticancer, and immunosupressant, but it is not an antibiotic.

Rapamycin is a nonantibiotic macrolide. It is antifungal, anticancer, and immunosupressant, but it is not an antibiotic.
It still has notable impact on your gut microbiome, including bacterial species and total load.

"Rapamycin is a natural macrolide compound isolated from bacteria and a pharmacological inhibitor of TOR signaling. It can reduce the rate of aging and effectively improve age-related diseases.Citation110 Rapamycin treatment has reportedly altered the number and structure of gut microbiota in flies and mice. The addition of rapamycin to food can significantly reduce the bacterial load of flies (40 days) and delay microbial expansion in the aging gut.Citation93 It also reduces the level of Alphaproteobacteria, which is a group that has been previously recognized to be related to a decline in health and mortality in the elderly.Citation94 In middle-aged mice, transient rapamycin treatment is also associated with microbial remodeling, including a dramatically increased prevalence of segmented filamentous bacteria in the small intestine.Citation95 However, only a few studies have investigated the interaction between rapamycin and gut microbiota. Therefore, whether the change in gut microbiota plays a causal role in the beneficial effect of rapamycin treatment remains to be answered."

Don't get me wrong, it's exciting and super.promising, I'm just going to opt for the compound with zero evidence of gut microbiome impact.

Once we know more with Rapamycin, maybe. But for now, I spend way too much on specific bacterial colonies to turn into yogurts to risk undoing that work, lol.

It still has notable impact on your gut microbiome, including bacterial species and total load.

"Rapamycin is a natural macrolide compound isolated from bacteria and a pharmacological inhibitor of TOR signaling. It can reduce the rate of aging and effectively improve age-related diseases.Citation110 Rapamycin treatment has reportedly altered the number and structure of gut microbiota in flies and mice. The addition of rapamycin to food can significantly reduce the bacterial load of flies (40 days) and delay microbial expansion in the aging gut.Citation93 It also reduces the level of Alphaproteobacteria, which is a group that has been previously recognized to be related to a decline in health and mortality in the elderly.Citation94 In middle-aged mice, transient rapamycin treatment is also associated with microbial remodeling, including a dramatically increased prevalence of segmented filamentous bacteria in the small intestine.Citation95 However, only a few studies have investigated the interaction between rapamycin and gut microbiota. Therefore, whether the change in gut microbiota plays a causal role in the beneficial effect of rapamycin treatment remains to be answered."

Don't get me wrong, it's exciting and super.promising, I'm just going to opt for the compound with zero evidence of gut microbiome impact.

Once we know more with Rapamycin, maybe. But for now, I spend way too much on specific bacterial colonies to turn into yogurts to risk undoing that work, lol.

If Rapamycin is significantly increasing lifespan of every animal species they’ve given it to, it’s more likely that it improves the microbiome and not harms it.

If Rapamycin is significantly increasing lifespan of every animal species they’ve given it to, it’s more likely that it improves the microbiome and not harms it.
Well, there were also renal issues and insulin resistance that was leading to diabetes, potentially, with longer term use, which is what you would do, for longevity, right?
I don't think it's as clear cut as you say.
It was tested on humans, nevermind animals, and the people taking it had to stop because of too many sides.

It also reduces the level of Alphaproteobacteria, which is a group that has been previously recognized to be related to a decline in health and mortality in the elderly
I think this is your takeaway for the day.

I think this is your takeaway for the day.
Right, but if it's killing those colonies, what other bacterial colonies is it killing?

Like I've said twice now. Nothing against it. I just want to see further testing before I make the swap from Spermadine, which does the exact same thing without any bactericidal effects to note.

Right, but if it's killing those colonies, what other bacterial colonies is it killing?

Like I've said twice now. Nothing against it. I just want to see further testing before I make the swap from Spermadine, which does the exact same thing without any bactericidal effects to note.
Spermadine:
originally isolated from semen

Do they go into ur butt or on ur facce or on ur chest…

No thanks… haha

Okay, man, not trying to argue with you. I'd be taking spermidine if I wasn't doing rapa.

Well, there were also renal issues and insulin resistance that was leading to diabetes, potentially, with longer term use, which is what you would do, for longevity, right?
I don't think it's as clear cut as you say.
It was tested on humans, nevermind animals, and the people taking it had to stop because of too many sides.
Those side effects are for daily use and do not apply for lifespan extension. No one is getting diabetes taking Rapamycin once every week or two.

The side effect profile is very minimal with intermittent use.

Respectfully, some of you guys would be better off reading and learning, rather than chiming in with opinions on topics you do not understand.